Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

30+ Men Who Look Like Overgrown Babies

• 27-03-2012 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

It struck me recently that there a large number of men, who when they hit 30, start to get pudgy, red cheeked, start losing their hair & begin to look like, well, overgrown babies.

What's the story with that?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Just dont look in the mirror then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Ageing is not new...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

cruiser178 wrote: »
    Just dont look in the mirror then.

Meow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

RichieC wrote: »
    Ageing is not new...
    oh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

30 is the new 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

They're still men though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It struck me recently that there a large number of men, who when they hit 30, start to get pudgy, red cheeked, start losing their hair & begin to look like, well, overgrown babies.

You puttin stuff in the stout?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Nodin wrote: »
    You puttin stuff in the stout?
    i bet he's drinking formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

The pudginess is probably our increasingly high-calorie diet and sedentary lifestyle. Metabolic rates tend to decrease with age, too.

Red cheeks could be from Rosacea, nicknamed the 'curse of the Celts'. It might also be caused by increase body temperature from the pudginess and exertion kicking in sooner.

The losing of hair is most likely just plain old male pattern baldness.

Hope that helps answer your questions OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

bark bark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

The pudginess is probably our increasingly high-calorie diet and sedentary lifestyle. Metabolic rates tend to decrease with age, too.

Red cheeks could be from Rosacea, nicknamed the 'curse of the Celts'. It might also be caused by increase body temperature from the pudginess and exertion kicking in sooner.
    I'm well past 30 and hairier and musclier than ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

badly dressed poor diet, bad genetics.. irish people are kinda imbred i recon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

Alcohol - Sedentary lifestyle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

You're probably just getting a little brewdy... seeing what you want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    I'm well past 30 and hairier and musclier than ever.

Tell it to the OP, he thinks you are an overgrown baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

What I dont understand is all the younger 'men' who look like really ugly girls.

They wear hair gel, cosmetics and are dressed like they have a stylist rather then in a more functional manly way. Oh and they have wash bags containing more then tooth paste, tooth brush and razor. One other thing bad enough to be so vain as to have a comb but a hairbrush?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Their metabolism slows down and they can't eat and drink as much as they like with out it effecting their waist line. They either have to change their eating habits or get more active and burn it off, but they don't change their habits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Sharrow wrote: »
    Their metabolism slows down and they can't eat and drink as much as they like with out it effecting their waist line. They either have to change their eating habits or get more active and burn it off, but they don't change their habits.

and bad genetics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

A0 wrote: »
    Alcohol - Sedentary lifestyle...

That's pretty much it but I think we need funnier answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

That's pretty much it but I think we need funnier answers.

These men should grow a moustache.

That's the best I can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

People don't wear enough hats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Anyone brave enough to put an opinion out there about 30+ women?

A0 wrote: »
    These men should grow a moustache.

That's the best I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Cianos

12 pints and a snackbox

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

longshanks wrote: »
    Anyone brave enough to put an opinion out there about 30+ women?

Milf thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I've got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Probably just looking how they act!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

IMO it's a combination of two things.

The first being an skewed idea of what a 'man' should look like, created by fashion magazines and pharmaceutical companies. Even before being photoshopped, the men presented only look ripped for the half hour of the shoot before going off and getting some carbs into them and rehydrating.

The second being just plain laziness and lack of willpower where diet is concerned. Exercise and fresh fruit & veg = toned. Beer & fried foods = chubby fat baby looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I think OP's onto something here. I've definitely started to wet myself a bit more than usual these days

• Advertisement

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Probably just looking how they act!

There's definitely something in that... some men age well in that they grow into their adulthood and become, well, what men should be.

Others end up basically marrying a Mammy replacement & their wife ends up feeding them, washing & buying their clothes for them. They end up like badly dressed teenagers in big man baby bodies relying on their wives to be told what to do, how to act & where the dinner is.

They should have their man cards revoked & replaced with man baby cards.

Advertisement