Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE: The Savage Eye

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

Narcissus wrote: »
    come with me by Puff daddy

when i was young it was kashmir by led zeplin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

the dancing nacker part will always go down as my favourite moment in television history

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Narcissus wrote: »
    come with me by Puff daddy

Quick edit there. :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

woodoo wrote: »
    Very good show tonight.

Yeah i really enjoy this show. Savage :D

Joe Duffy sketch is my favourite part but the whole show doesnt miss a beat as far as im concerned. I'd hate to see it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

el diablo wrote: »
    Quick edit there. :p

;)

I actually thought of Kashmir first then remembered about the more recent song. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

The IRA men taking the balaclavas off was very good.

The off duty garda's dress sense funny too. He doesn't seem to like the guards much.

The off duty garda's dress sense funny too. He doesn't seem to like the guards much.

making fun of guards ( or remotely criticising them ) is only taboo on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Taking the piss out of guards ..... I saw a Garda booking him for cycling the wrong up a one way street years ago. That was Garda revenge for his street gag about irish police being gay. Sure listen to the siren ...... It's wooooooh whooooooo

He had always taken the piss out of them and rightly so.

Tip. If you are ever in trouble with the law for a small offence a choc ice with suffice for a bigger offence a mountain bike will get you off the hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Guards are always a target of Irish comedians going back to Hal Roach and Neil Toibin. The hug one last week was very good.

The Romans sketch was very good and then "just plundering today luv".

The keyboard warrior one was very good too, planks.ie ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

uberalles wrote: »
    Taking the piss out of guards ..... I saw a Garda booking him for cycling the wrong up a one way street years ago. That was Garda revenge for his street gag about irish police being gay. Sure listen to the siren ...... It's wooooooh whooooooo

He had always taken the piss out of them and rightly so.

Tip. If you are ever in trouble with the law for a small offence a choc ice with suffice for a bigger offence a mountain bike will get you off the hook.

or just ring your cousin from leitrim who,s in the force , they,l make a call on your behalf and have it quashed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Terrible episode after last week's good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭batistuta9

making fun of guards ( or remotely criticising them ) is only taboo on planks.ie

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

I liked the bit with Hector as an ancient bog body who had been ritually killed. "Whoever he was, they must have really wanted him dead." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

The equation of people with red hair with ugliness is so common in the media (UK and Ireland alike) that it would be better left to the hacks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

tomasrojo wrote: »
    The equation of people with red hair with ugliness is so common in the media (UK and Ireland alike) that it would be better left to the hacks.

the guy hates anything Irish, he is a Brit with an Irish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

NinjaK wrote: »
    the guy hates anything Irish, he is a Brit with an Irish accent.

who mc'savage? nah

its satire fss

fryup wrote: »
    who mc'savage? nah

its satire fss

bet if he was slagging off the brits or anyone else for that matter you wouldnt be saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bet if he was slagging off the brits or anyone else for that matter you wouldnt be saying that.

he slags off the brits in every episode, the whole show is a pisstake

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭briany

For people who dislike McSavage, The Savage Eye, and who want him to go away, calling him a 'Brit with an Irish accent' would only give him more ammunition. I doubt he hates Irishness or Ireland but he does like to satirise aspects of those two things and why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Roberto91

I think its brilliant,sometimes its a little bit intense but it allways makes me laugh out loud a few times.It takes a bit of getting used to and I think hes a bit of a nutcase but makes very astute observations about Irish society and hits the nail on the head regularly.I also like the funny way he conveys the patronising ways of the British when theyre talking about Iriland.
    Far superior to Mrs Browns boys or any of the other ****e on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't think it has anything to do with liking or disliking any groups or people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Roberto91 wrote: »
    I think its brilliant,sometimes its a little bit intense but it allways makes me laugh out loud a few times.It takes a bit of getting used to and I think hes a bit of a nutcase but makes very astute observations about Irish society and hits the nail on the head regularly.I also like the funny way he conveys the patronising ways of the British when theyre talking about Iriland.
    Far superior to Mrs Browns boys or any of the other ****e on TV.

Ye the patronizing Brits looking down on Paddy crack me up

Best RTE production I've seen in a very long time.

Is Monday the last episode?

krudler wrote: »
    he slags off the brits in every episode, the whole show is a pisstake

I must be watching a different show, give me one example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

I must be watching a different show, give me one example

In the last episode where the brits are portrayed as snobbish buffons in the sketch where they meet the Irish man on the corner

idiotic to suggest that McSavage hates Ireland

Do you know what the word satire even means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

The Joe duffy thing is so old, it was old on boards before it hit any radio or tv.

Watching it again on Network 2 now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Samich wrote: »
    The Joe duffy thing is so old, it was old on boards before it hit any radio or tv.

did anyone mention a dwarf shoving a vuvuzela up his hole or any of the other shít he does in the sketch, getting off at peoples problems

or was it just the typical 'a bleedin foreigners joe' comments

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    In the last episode where the brits are portrayed as snobbish buffons in the sketch where they meet the Irish man on the corner

idiotic to suggest that McSavage hates Ireland

Do you know what the word satire even means?

No he just likes to make fun of Gaelic Irish people and their traditions. Its a west-Brit tv programme aimed at middle class west-Brits, like alot of RTE D4 tv shows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

No he just likes to make fun of Gaelic Irish people and their traditions. Its a west-Brit tv programme aimed at middle class west-Brits, like alot of RTE D4 tv shows.

No its a comedy show aimed at people with a sense of humour.

Advertisement