Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

it can be, but its also easy to level up, doesn't feel like grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mortal Kombat is so good. The best single-player fighting game ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

This quote makes me jealous that I can't buy it for two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

just got it and disagea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well just had a go at mk. It is really way worse looking then console one. It uses console gameplay as cutscenes in story modes. Now backgrounds still look awesOme, but damn character models are crap.
    Though it's not all lost. You really notice it only in the end of fights, when you get close in. When you just play, you won't notice lower graphics at all. And yes, it looks way better on vita then all the gameplay vidoes make it out on YouTube.
    For 39.99 its way better palace then mvc 3. Story mode, challenge towers, unlockables etc... Way more fun!

• Advertisement

Well just had a go at mk. It is really way worse looking then console one. It uses console gameplay as cutscenes in story modes. Now backgrounds still look awesOme, but damn character models are crap.
    Though it's not all lost. You really notice it only in the end of fights, when you get close in. When you just play, you won't notice lower graphics at all. And yes, it looks way better on vita then all the gameplay vidoes make it out on YouTube.
    For 39.99 its way better palace then mvc 3. Story mode, challenge towers, unlockables etc... Way more fun!

just played mk first impressions..........oh jesus the graphics are ****e but the gameplay seems awesome as shadowhearth just said graphics look terrible during cutscenes and up close during the fights its pretty smooth its definetly gonna be fun and that challenge mode.....talk about just one more go.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

There's nothing wrong with the graphics at all lads... You're crazy! Sure the models look a bit iffy when it comes to detail textures but the thing that matters is that it looks perfectly good while actually fighting and runs at 60fps

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Helix wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with the graphics at all lads... You're crazy! Sure the models look a bit iffy when it comes to detail textures but the thing that matters is that it looks perfectly good while actually fighting and runs at 60fps

a bit iffy graphics, does not make a game bad. Its just a warning to those, who might get a bit bitchy about downgrade graphics.
    in my opinion its an awesome value packadge for 40 quid.

a bit iffy graphics, does not make a game bad. Its just a warning to those, who might get a bit bitchy about downgrade graphics.
    in my opinion its an awesome value packadge for 40 quid.

oh im very happy with my purchase definitely a must buy for any beat em up fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Its just a warning to those, who might get a bit bitchy about downgrade graphics.

i think anyone who would moan that the graphics aren't as good as they are on the ps3 deserves a kick in the rear anyway :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

caspa307 wrote: »
    oh im very happy with my purchase definitely a must buy for any beat em up fan
    I wouldn't really be a beatem up fan but I had to get MK for the vita, pretty impressed so far cant fault the graphics either. The download is 3gb due to all the cut scenes which is the only minus as I am getting tight for space on the 16gb memory card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I wouldn't really be a beatem up fan but I had to get MK for the vita, pretty impressed so far cant fault the graphics either. The download is 3gb due to all the cut scenes which is the only minus as I am getting tight for space on the 16gb memory card.

Thanks for that bit of info. I'll definitely prefer getting in physical form now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Otacon wrote: »
    CrystalWhitePSVita01.jpg

I think I prefer my black one TBH. :cool:

hmmm I like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

shuffles03 wrote: »

Probably not. Japan doesn't like giving away their alt-colour stuff.

Bought Ninja Gaiden (on PSN, After looking loads of places and not being able to get it) and it's REALLY difficult D:, even on Ninja Dog mode which you get for dying a lot..

So I just played more MHFU (Damn you MH!) ;L

ShaneU wrote: »

well that's interesting looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I'd say the white version will be released here eventually, the one with the back-printing will definitely be a Japanese exclusive. Haven't got a vita yet but if the white one comes out here I'd be seriously tempted, it looks sweet! :pac:

• Advertisement

There is such a lack of games for this thing its unreal. Whats worse there are loads of PSP games that i want and i cannot buy them !! I actually want to give them my money and i cannot get them. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

There is such a lack of games for this thing its unreal. Whats worse there are loads of PSP games that i want and i cannot buy them !! I actually want to give them my money and i cannot get them. Very annoying.

Lack of games? I have had the thing for two months and have 8 cartridge games, 10 PSP games and 6 PSN games. Not a poor choice in the lot either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

In fairness, their does seem to be a somewhat drought of games. I'm happy with the ones I got, I got 5 physical, 3 on a memory card, but still :pac: still, resistance and metal gear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I don't think any console has ever had as much content at launch than the vita did. My biggest issue is that the store is not organised enough - there should be a "most popular" section in the ps minis for example, or "most downloaded" etc.

Also, for anyone who hasn't played it, metal gear peace walker is brilliant on vita. I'm at 50 hours and there's still plenty more in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Tbh the biggest issue that the vita has had from launch is a lack of "franchise titles" that mainstream gamers would know of. The following is a list of series that were missing from launch (not including PSP versions)
    • Call of Duty
    • Tekken (Although we got the excellent MvC3 and MK instead)
    • Gran Turisimo
    • Grand Theft Auto
    • Killzone
    • Final Fantasy
    • Metal Gear Solid

These titles,and more, have a huge fanbase which can be tapped into. I believe come E3, you'll see at information about half of these at a minimum with regards to the Vita.

This post-launch slum of games (as such) is almost the exact same thing that happened to the nintendo 3ds, as that launched without a proper mario game, mario kart etc.

In the Vita's defense, however, is that almost all the games that has been released have been of a steller quality, and the rest have been in the very good range. The titles available are all enjoyable to play, which is very rare for any console launch. If sony/the publishers keep this quality of gaming up with future releases, then the Vita will forget this slump its currently in. Come E3, with annoucements and probably a price drop in the console, I can see the slump ending very quickly

Call of Duty vita is confirmed to be coming out this year so that will spark sales in the US. Japan needs a Monster Hunter game or an rpg like the Tales series.

Personally I haven't bought a game since launch, I have Uncharted, Wipeout, Stardust and Mutant Blob. All the others I've been waiting for the price to drop to around £10, which just hasn't happened at all, they're holding their value much longer than 360 and PS3 games for some reason. I'd like to play Mortal Kombat for example but don't want to pay €40 for a game I've already finished on PS3. I'm buying Gravity Rush as soon as its released though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ShaneU wrote: »
    All the others I've been waiting for the price to drop to around £10, which just hasn't happened at all, they're holding their value much longer than 360 and PS3 games for some reason.

More games are released on the 360 and PS3 but as Vita games are not coming as quickly as either of those systems the launch games are holding their price as they're still the games that are being bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

cloud493 wrote: »
    In fairness, their does seem to be a somewhat drought of games. I'm happy with the ones I got, I got 5 physical, 3 on a memory card, but still :pac: still, resistance and metal gear soon.

Im counting down the days till Resistance.. Wow its actually almost upon us :D Can not wait it is going to be epic, wish it had 12 players online though..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement