Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irresponsibility of pet owners

• 16-02-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

What do boardsies thing about pet owners that allow their pets to roam the street? Personally I hate them.

I'm sure most people know about the new law that allows us to use reasonable force on an intruder on your property but do you think should we be allowed use this on animals?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

GarIT wrote: »
    What do boardsies thing about pet owners that allow their pets to roam the street? Personally I hate them.

I'm sure most people know about the new law that allows us to use reasonable force on an intruder on your property but do you think should we be allowed use this on animals?

Farmers can.
    Lambing season...... dog spotted....... Bang Bang

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

What do you mean by reasonable force?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I have a neighbour constantly giving out to me about my Labrador supposedly "chasing his son on his bike"

What a mongo, our Goldie doesn't even have a bike lol !:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

We should just kill all the animals and be done with it. How dare the fuzzy little ****ers invade our world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

mikom wrote: »
    Farmers can.
    Lambing season...... dog spotted....... Bang Bang

I know that, but if a cat or dog wanders into my front garden to do its business do you not think i should be allowed give it a good kick without the risk of being sued.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a good toe up the hole of a dog that tries to shite on your lawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

its not on.

People down our street let their dog escape. The thing ran out and attacked my son. Needless to say the dog warden was called and the dog was put down that week.

They hate us now. But my son is scarred for life on his leg.

Stupid X dog owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I know that, but if a cat or dog wanders into my front garden to do its business do you not think i should be allowed give it a good kick without the risk of being sued.
    They can't even speak, how the hell do you think they are gonna sue?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

If you could use "reasonable force" against animals, how would my cats be able to take a dump in your garden? I think that it is you who is being unreasonable Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

A dog can't sue you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I remember when someone's daughter was badly bitten by a loose dog. The reaction from the parent was

"Give me five minutes alone with that b*stard dog".

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Find out who owns the cat or dog and go and shít in their garden

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bono can graze sheep on St Stephens Green.

gsxr1 wrote: »
    its not on.

People down our street let their dog escape. The thing ran out and attacked my son. Needless to say the dog warden was called and the dog was put down that week.

They hate us now. But my son is scarred for life on his leg.

Stupid X dog owners.

Would you not have preferred to carry out the punishment yourself?

I was bitten by dogs twice as a youngster. Neither of them were put down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

If a neighbors cat was shiting in my (future) childs sand pit then I would not think twice about shooting it with the air rifle.

http://toxoplasmosis.org/infotox.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You can and people have been sued (by the owners obviously). What do yous think about being allowed catch the animal and then pass the owner onto the pound who would then issue a fine to the owner and put the animal down if its not paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    I remember when someone's daughter was badly bitten by a loose dog. The reaction from the parent was

"Give me five minutes alone with that b*stard dog".

:) LOL Its interesting how when a dog does something good, its a 'good dog' but when it bites a child its 'not his fault'. Two way street people!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,820 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

If someone's animal comes onto my property, their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

:) LOL Its interesting how when a dog does something good, its a 'good dog' but when it bites a child its 'not his fault'. Two way street people!

It's also interesting when a cat does something good it's "dawww so cuuttee". But when it claws and scratches at people it's still "dawww so cuuttee".

Fúcking hate cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Maybe the animals are just misunderstood?

• Advertisement

Maybe it's one for "unpopular opinions":

Victims of unprovoked canine attacks be allowed choose and administer punishment themselves. Parents / guardians to act of behalf of minors.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

One good thing about the floods in our town, it washed all of the streets of dog ****, now it's back again and need to watch your step. Filthy dog and owners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

We got more dog people due to the chav culture coming over from gansta LA all them years ago now n the big jawed balls of muscle bred for fighting and intimidation. Dogs for cats is a reflection of the change of society. The plummet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

I let my dog my dog out during the day for a run around, can't see the harm tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

Where does he do his business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Zebra3 wrote: »
    If someone's animal comes onto my property, their loss.
    If a neighbors cat was shiting in my (future) childs sand pit then I would not think twice about shooting it with the air rifle.

Yeh yeh, keyboard warriors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

DanWall wrote: »

If you are asking me where my dog his business, I'm not sure, but I know it's not in our garden or on the footpath outside the house so it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

And if a bird makes a splat in said sandpit? You going to take out Robin Redbreast with your rifle?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Apparently you can on Cats as they are officially classed as vermin. There is a petition in the pets forum to have Cats reclassified and given the protection of the law.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

DanWall wrote: »

IFSC

Advertisement