Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European firearms dealers

• 14-08-2006 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

Does any one here have any links or web addresses for European firearms dealers .I would like to check some prices on different makes and models and compare some of the prices i've gotten from Irish dealers.
    I've tried google but you just get tons of american sites and alot of the makers sites dont list rrps.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I've had good luck with Frankonia in Germany, www.frankonia.de

When you ring them up, they have a very good export department, speak excellent English, and are happy to deal with individual customers.

Next time I'm buying off them, I'll show them this link and ask for a discount! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

civdef wrote:

When you ring them up, they have a very good export department, speak excellent English, and are happy to deal with individual customers.

Next time I'm buying off them, I'll show them this link and ask for a discount! :)

Can you buy directly from a european gun dealer? As in no Irish gun dealer getting his cut out of it.

EDIT: If so can someone describe the process

Also can you import ammo, I am sick of paying too much for rifle ammo here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

civdef wrote:
    /waits for jaycee to appear.

Frankonia have a store in London as well, don't know the number but they have it on their brochure.

I have not dealt with them but have heard good things..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Try as well www.Kettner.de, frankonias competition.
    www.Egun.de.It has an English button as well.Works on the Ebay principle,and you can get some really good bargins.Dont be put off btw by no international sales.ASK the seller,some will, some wont do intl sales.

www. guntrader.co.uk is another worth trying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭bernard93

de_shadow,

The absolute best place in Germany is a company in Berlin called Triebel.

www.triebel.de

I’ve gotten my rifles of them and lots of other bits and pieces and never once had a problem with them, they stock a lot of kit and if they don’t have it they will get it for you and they are the cheapest around.

Pm me if you want more details.

Bernard

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

Thanks all,
    Theres plenty to look over there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Rovi wrote:
    /waits for jaycee to appear.

"Psssst" ... I just got back.. :)

Re Frankonia ...
    I may by dreadfully unlucky But ... I looked through their book of goodies one fine evening .. " Hmm" I thought.. " Those grips look kinda cool " ..next day I rang them up .. (Their English is far better than my German ) I had the Item numbers ready and written down .... They checked , the stuff I wanted was in stock , card numbers were given ... email details were given .. and then I waited ...and waited .........and waited . Eventually an email confirming my order arrived about 2 weeks later ....and ....I waited ...and waited ..............and guess what ...? ... I waited some more .

Eventually, totally peed off ... I ordered the same grips from a site in the USA and had them 5 days later ... Time passed ..seasons changed (Literally ) I think it was about 3 months later that a package arrived from Frankonia ..

They claimed they had a problem getting what I wanted into stock , this after I made an order and paid for an item that they said was in stock at that time.

Perhaps this is a once off ... but beware.

I know someone else who made a query by email to them seasons ago ...still hasn't heard a dicky bird back.

My item was a minor thing .... but it would make me very slow to order from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭benhurt1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

Last year I bought a near mint condition second hand HK SL8 from Germany. I faxed licence & article 7. 7 days later rifle arrived.
    Web:-
    http://waffen-mathes.gmxhome.de/
    Email:-
    info@waffen-mathes.de

Alfred W. Mathes
    Büchsenmacher
    Hugenottenstrasse 30 in 61381 Friedrichsdorf
    Telefon 06172 - 71160, Fax 06172 - 75933

Ask to speak to Lutz as he's got good English.

I also put a friend of mine in touch with him. He bought a Ruger single action pistol. Again great service. Pistol arrived in a week.

I have also dealt with Frank in Oberlandarms. Very very professional.

The Germans certainly put a lot of our domestic firearm dealers to shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭vcsggl

Take a look at Avalon Guns here in the UK. www.avalon-guns.com They have a very good range of both shotguns and rifles at all sorts of prices. They have extremely helpful and knowledgeable people in the shop and seem to be experienced in o'seas sales. They are always open to offers and in my limited experience will invariably match or beat any price you've got from anywhere else. I've never seen a bad report of them and what's so refreshing about them is that they're quite happy to let you browse and chat even though they know very well you're not going to really buy that £15,000 Beretta and that you'll end up with the second hand Baikal at £50!

George

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

can someone advise on procedures and costs who has imported firearms here I found a rifle on www.triebel.de costing online 2369 euros and want to import it into ireland.
    I got a price of 3,600 for the same rifle yesterday in local shop, why are we benig screwed by dealers in ireland AND he wont have it till christmas
    :mad::mad: :mad:
    please advise help post or PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Get your licence and an Article 7 from the Guards, Send these to the German dealer. He'll do the export paperwork on his side and send you the gun, total cost for this is likely to be less than €50.

thanks very much civdef. any idea what taxs/ import duties i ill get caught for on this side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

dfaf wrote:
    thanks very much civdef. any idea what taxs/ import duties i ill get caught for on this side
    There shouldn't be any. It'd be an intra-EU transaction.

thanks guys i just spoke to a salesman with triebel and it almost seems to easy. the ball is rolling.
    thanks again:D :D

Advertisement