Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Greystones House

• 25-02-2012 7:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could tell me the name of the old house at the jackie skelly roundabout that was knocked down was called . looking for pictures of it. Maybe build something like it in the far future :) .My Girlfriend was in love with the place :o. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

I don't know the name of the house but I have a few pictures:

2476281947_e289e3d0a3.jpg

2476280803_1254289140.jpg

2477093044_efced8a194.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭iamfromcork

Thanks for that ,this will cheer her up :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

If you drive in by the front of where the house was you could ask the owner of that house if he has any information as it was his family home.
    Mr.C Evans is his name.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭iamfromcork

Thanks, She has this idea that thats her dream home ,so maybe in a few years we could built the same house in wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

The house didnt actually look that old, i assume its not actully a 19th century house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 RebekahF

It was called Charlesland House as far as I know and was the old family house on the estate. As Bido says the house down the driveway belongs to the Evan's family and Charlesland House used to be their granmothers house! Good luck with the dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I really didn't think that much of that house. Have a look in the Old Burnaby. Now there's some smashing houses there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

The house didnt actually look that old, i assume its not actully a 19th century house?

That house was built about 85 years ago and took several months to build as all the concrete blocks were made on site. Lewis Evans and his family lived there originally. I don't think it had a name even though it was on the Charlesland farm.

Advertisement