Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 awol airsoft

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention that a fair few of the AEGs at Munster Airsoft are apparently over the limit.

For example, it says here:

"The muzzle velocity with G&G 0,20g BB's measured by us is about 400fps."

Probably/hopefully a lazy cut&paste job.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Feel sorry for you Alan, that tracer you returned was sitting on the counter in the shop for weeks without anything happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Another smooth transaction from Ehobby asia , two 1911 co2 mags :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tonymccann

I purchased a Tracer unite from this so called Airsoft retailer around mid june and i was using it at a night game in july and it started acting up after 15 minets. So i asked them for a placement due to the fact it was faulty and they said no bother .... 1 month later still nothing so i asked again and still nothing so 2 weeks after that i asked for a refund ..... Its now September and still No replacement or refund !!! I am realy disapointed in there shops customer support and its understanding of the law .... DO NOT BUY FROM HERE SIMPLE AS !! Thank you for taking your time to read this post and i hope you learn from my mastakes :)

i think that this need to be answered and im not looking for an argument or anything like what happened on face book a few weeks ago but i think that people need to be told the whole story alan has not told the whole story here we had ordered in the tracer unit for him it was 109 euro we gave it to him for 99 euro given that he had also ordered a gun that we got in for him at a very good price after a week alan brought the tracer unit back saying it was not working we did not at all question we just siad we would order another one for him unfortunatly the tracers where out of stock with our supplier so we asked alan what he wanted to do we offered him a credit note or to get a g&g one in a few weeks he told me he would wait a few weeks for a g&g one in the next 3 weeks we had to close the shop in waterford sadly i might add and alan sent me a fb message which i still have complaining that he would not be able to get to enniscorthy to collect his tracer and could he get two thunder b's for it instead i said yes that would be no problem those thunder b's and 10 shells are to this day still sitting in the shop in enniscorthy awaiting collection by alan the phone number of our shop in enniscorthy is on a sign in the window of the shop in waterford i had defriended alan on face book so alan has not been able to contact me nor have i been able to contact him. i hope that some people will not use this answer as an excuse to attack me personally and i would ask anyone in waterford that feels they are not getting what they are entiteled to to call the shop in enniscorthy and if myself or jimmy is not there to leave a message and please keep in mind that we may take a few days to get back to you but we will deal with everyone and we want to help anyone out that we can we have already made two trips to waterford to drop off repairs and orders and are making another one tomorrow but we wil only do that for people who treat us with a little respect. we at the airsoft centre go out of our way to look after our customers and we are very awear of our responsibilities as retailers in the law and we would never do anything to go against that i do not believe that we have acted in any way against anyones consumer rights and alan has been offered way more that his rights so i do not know why he saw fit to put up this post alan is of course entitled to his own personal opinion and i would not for one moment question that but i do belive alan that you have made a mistake in putting up your post and not including all the true facts it shows poor jugdment on your behalf

one thing that i should add here is that we have since sent the tracer back to our supplier to be tested and it was found to have moister damage we are still however going to honor the agreemant that we made with alan even though alan did not return the unit in it packaging as is required for us to return it to our suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tonymccann

Feel sorry for you Alan, that tracer you returned was sitting on the counter in the shop for weeks without anything happening.

it was sitting on the counter because we where waiting for a replacement what do you think we where going to fix it and give it back to him i think not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Have you clarified it with them or reported them to the IAA and/or the Gardai ? because if that statement is correct, then they are selling "Firearms" which require a licence to own.

Yeah, I e-mailed the IAA and left it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Yeah, I e-mailed the IAA and left it at that.

I see that they have now removed any mention of the muzzle power from the advert. makes me wonder whenther this is actually a hot "Weapon" or whether it really does conform to Irish Airsoft regulations.

If they were changing their web site, surely it would not have been to much trouble to chrono the AEG and post the actual FPS/Joule rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

After my recent experience I can't recommend these guys. I ordered a JG Steyr Aug on August 13th. It was listed as low stock, turned out to be no stock, which led to a two week delivery delay. Unpacked it two days after I received it, fired a few BBs, loved it. Was putting it away when a screw came out. Turned out to be the barrell release screw and the threading on the part it screws in to was all stripped, metal debris fell out.

I contacted Airsoft Kings and initially we both agreed that the easiest solution, as he had no more Augs in stock, was for them to replace the damaged part for me. No prob I thought. Three weeks further on there was no confirmation that they could supply the part. Two requests to replace the Aug or issue a refund went unanswered. It was only after I told them I had made contact with the National Consumer Agency that things have moved forward. The Aug has been returned and when it is received I should hopefully receive a full refund with no further hassle. Hopefully :(

This might be a one-off occurrence on their behalf but to my mind any retailer should be able to fully support a product they are selling. The problem is their prices are good, very good, the same Aug would have cost me €40 more elsewhere :o It appears the Aug wasn't checked out thoroughly before it was sent on to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Everything resolved with Airsoft Kings. They should be fine to deal with, just check in advance that they can support what they sell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lux-et-veritas

just to say i just had another great delivery from ehobby (that makes 4 now), set of pmags and a 7mm bearing set ordered last tuesday eve got today, and that was there slow shipping option... also got to say mmmmmmmmmm, magpul......:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Ordered off SEairsoft yesterday @ 4pm. Had been in contact with them through boards before the order and they put aside stock for me so that it would be there for my order.

Package arrived today at 9:30am, that's only 18hours after I placed the order! Superb delivery time by courier, I was hoping to have it friday.

Also, the people were excellent on communicating with me with regards the order. Top marks for the service, will definitely look to them in future when getting stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Another good experience with Tokyo Model Company.
    Ordered a few hard-to-find Marui bits off them (mag lips, hopup rubbers etc).
    Good no-BS communications, fast service (I chose standard airmail) and parts arrived safe n sound today.
    Very happy - will use them more again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of these lads?

[SNIP] - Sorry, didn't realise it was a discount offering link.

Anyone ever dealt with Airsoft Tiger111 hk before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 RusticChainsaw

Edit: Problem sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

I Heard A Rumor AirsoftKings Are Shut Down Is This True?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Massive +1 to Hobbyking - ordered an Imax B6 from them last Friday and it arrived just there. 10/10!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Evening folks,

I'd like to ask if any customers of eirsoft.ie that were owed money or awaiting their order or refund actually got any money back ?
    The reason I ask this NOW is because if you goto eirsoft.ie its basically gone.

If you got your money back can you please post here.
    or if you were compensated in other ways can you post details.
    For the record I did not ever get a single cent refund instead after
    months and months and months I decided against my will to accept
    stock instead of cash.

Out of curiosity I wanted to know how other customers of eirsoft
    were delt with and if anyone got a cent of actual money refunded.

After my initial post I ended up getting a jacket and 6 sights/scopes instead of my Money returned to me after months of
    PM's back and fourth. I wanted my cold hard cash back but despite my
    best efforts and short of court action against eirsoft ended up taking some
    stock I did not want/need instead of my refund and felt like I got sloppy seconds.

Since my initial post of my experience I've received communications with other customers of eirsoft informing me they were in similar situations to myself and were owed money where they ordered/preordered and are awaiting a refund or the gun they ordered.

Rather than me PM'ing and and facebooking people as individuals could they post their experiences here? I dont want to be seen as badmouthing Tony behind his back by communicating with people in the shadows so to speak and would rather things be public and transparent. (I've nothing against the person at all but do feel I was shafted as a loyal customer when things got rough)
    ~B

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Hey Bullets,

From various emails I sent back and forth with Tony it seems he is in the process of shutting down Eirsoft. The walk in store is gone as is the facebook page. Tony mentioned to me he has orders to fill and then he is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Hey Bullets,

From various emails I sent back and forth with Tony it seems he is in the process of shutting down Eirsoft. The walk in store is gone as is the facebook page. Tony mentioned to me he has orders to fill and then he is done.

Thats correct....I'm slowly working through the outstanding orders for stuff thats still held in customs. If anyone wants stock instead of a refund, I'll be more than happy to oblige.

Just for the record....I havent set out to con anyone, and I'm trying as best I can to get the last few orders sorted out. If I wanted to screw people, I'd just vanish, as certain other retailers have done, and I'd wash my hands of it. Thats not how I operate though, so I'm going to see this through, then wind it up.

And incidentally...the site is down because I had a serious database problem over the weekend, and I'm having trouble getting the backup restored. Its nothing sinister.

And finally...I'm not dealing with this through Boards, where every ****wit and his ill-informed opinion can start lashing out at me without knowing all the details, so this is the last time I'll be posting about it.

Anyone who is owed money or product will be sorted out, and its between me and them - the infamous Irish airsoft kangaroo court can go **** itself as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Like many others I've had trouble finding subdued Irish flag patches but I did find a company in Texas that had Multicam Irish Flag patches for sale so I ordered some to see what they were like. It seems to be a relatively small operation so it took a little while for the patches to be made (they're not a huge seller so are made to order) but I am very impressed with the end result.

http://www.camotech.com/International.htm

The colours of the actual patch are far nicer than the picture on the webpage with the green being much greener and the orange far more orange without either being too vivid, both sections are completely stitched rather than just being a piece of cloth sewn in. The Multicam section is ripstop in genuine Crye cloth. The patches are approximately 2" x 3". They worked out at $7 each with velcro backing, shipping was $14.

If you're looking for subdued Irish flag patches I would definitely recommend Camotech. They do patches in other patterns as well so if you wanted a MARPAT/Digital Woodland, Desert MARPAT/Digital Desert, UCP or other pattern to match your loadout they may well be able to make them for you/your team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Decoy wrote: »
    Like many others I've had trouble finding subdued Irish flag patches but I did find a company in Texas that had Multicam Irish Flag patches for sale so I ordered some to see what they were like. I The patches are approximately 2" x 3". They worked out at $7 each with velcro backing, shipping was $14.

Good spot. Was it $14 for the shipping after the cost of the patch?

And I presume you order by email, so do you know what payment types they take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

It was $14 to ship the entire order, 6 patches @ 7$ea. = 42 + $14 shipping = 56. As I ordered 6 that makes it just over $9 per patch, ordering more should bring the unit cost down.

I contacted them by email via the website, I dealt with a very helpful lady called Linda the whole time (she is probably the whole company). Because the Irish patches are made to order you tell them how many you want, they make them, they then send you the PayPal invoice for the total.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Ordered two Lipos off HobbyKing more then two months ago and I paid for postage to have them within a month. No communication at all from them as the customer service email they sent me doesn't even work! Have taken them to resolution centre in paypall and still no reply so to paypal claims it is!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Thanks for that. I only want 2 so I will have to check on shipping. And I may wait until I am back in Ireland to order. The Austrian customs are like hawks for anything over their €25 import limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Well it was 2 7.4v 1000mah 2cell lipos for a tenner and €5 postage wich worked out at $25 or roughly €16 so you should be safe but someone back along the way said they have had no problems with them so you mite want to have a word with them. i also cant even take them to paypal claims as it been more then 45 days :( so feck em not buying from any foreign crowed again sticking with Irish from now on at least then I can march up to someone if I have a problem :D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 quadman

having lot of trouble with airsoftkings.ie. I paid for a gun that was in stock I am waiting 17 days now. they will not reply to my emails. i rang the customer service number on their paypal account and the guy that answered said its nothing to do with him. very dodgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rcmeatball

Buy it online, i will suggest a MP5.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭unclebens

Looking to get a good lipo/Nimh charger/discharger to charge my 11.1v 1600m 20c lipo and 9.6 1600m. Any recommendations wer to get one i.e. reliable brands/models ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

unclebens wrote: »
    Looking to get a good lipo/Nimh charger/discharger to charge my 11.1v 1600m 20c lipo and 9.6 1600m. Any recommendations wer to get one i.e. reliable brands/models ??

cant go wrong with a imax b6 charger i say if you ask your local airsoft shop to get one in also i think se airsoft have them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

unclebens wrote: »

yeah the imax b6 is top notch. Got mine from hobby king.
    Just make sure if you get one its the real one and not a clone. Will have a scratch away panel on base with cerial number and a certificate in the box

Advertisement