Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

If you guys saw the deliberations about doing them or not...it's just not worth it, I'm afraid. There's too much work and when there's not enough posts this year on the forum, it doesn't work.

SO GET POSTING GUISE

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No Jizzlers this year? How sad ;_;

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    No Jizzlers this year? How sad ;_;

We need yourself and Konata and Aoibheann and Fad and all the others to come back and stage an invasion. Even Sentineil would bring some life back into the forum at this stage. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

9Gag has stolen my soul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Jhcx wrote: »
    9Gag has stolen my soul

I've been through and done with 9gag. Used to be obsessed with it. When they introduced the cosplay category I knew I had to stop looking at it. Otherwise I'd never do anything productive with my life again. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Being an introvert I tend to take a back seat when in a social conversation; house party circle etc.
    Im not shy. I pick my words.
    Have you ever been in a situation where one or more of those there are basically pests. Picking on the sleepers. Going in to the beds of girls who've retired;sans pants.
    Calling them out gently So as not to have the other six guys who are egging him on give you ****. You can't lose the room.
    Is it not up to the host to call out ****heads?
    When the sex pest is bothering the female. Do you call them out?
    When the female is someone who can handle themselves. Do you still Call them out?
    When they get to the point where they still aren't
    Listening.
    Who's it up to ?
    When you're the stranger of the group it's hard; you feel it's not your place.
    Why do people tolerate such sh1t,creepy friends?

pajor wrote: »
    I've been through and done with 9gag. Used to be obsessed with it. When they introduced the cosplay category I knew I had to stop looking at it. Otherwise I'd never do anything productive with my life again. :P

Its hard to walk away. but id rather give my soul to them than Facebook. Its something new everyday on there but fb just has the same posts cropping up. Im in a good place right now. i'll stay away from the cosplay section although i dont think its ever been a section ive looked towards

When the female is someone who can handle themselves. Do you still Call them out?

Next time it mightn't be someone who can handle themself so well.

When you match with a hot girl on tinder #score
    "runs away quivers and hides in a corner"

BTW can we vote on a name change for the Den, yano new year new us stuff people go on about. Keep our team house alive "macot banner falls off the wall thethe hoots of an owl sound throughout the empty corridor"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

When you match with a hot girl on tinder #score
    "runs away quivers and hides in a corner"

BTW can we vote on a name change for the Den, yano new year new us stuff people go on about. Keep our team house alive "macot banner falls off the wall thethe hoots of an owl sound throughout the empty corridor"

Certainly. Throw out some suggestions y'all!

How about "The Sugges-Den". :P

• Advertisement

My younger sister and I sitting at the kitchen table. Faces glued to our phones; not talking. The sister has music playing. Bohemian Rhapsody comes on. Neither of us look up but both of us duet the whole song.
    Freddie Mercury and the glory of Queen transcend modern day, anti social, touch screen detachment.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So it's literally just clicked with me that Sarah Palin is actually Pam from Archer in disguise.

I may be late to this realisation.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one getting captcha when I open up boards..?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

pajor wrote: »
    I'm guessing I'm not the only one getting captcha when I open up boards..?

Ummmm Im not :confused::o

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I HAVE ACCESS TO BOARDS AGAIN! It's been a week...I've had to do college work.

I'd assume the captcha is a measure against the DDoS attacks recently. You're probably getting 'em 'cos your IP is (I'm assuming) outside of Eire. :P

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'd assume the captcha is a measure against the DDoS attacks recently. You're probably getting 'em 'cos your IP is (I'm assuming) outside of Eire. :P

Why yeeees. I guessed as much that was the reason. Site wasn't displaying properly on either the computer or phone either

Who calls it Eire though? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Got offered 16 interviews for my intern placement next year which is both great (people must think I'm alright!) and terrifying because 16 interviews is a hella lot to sort out :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Got offered 16 interviews for my intern placement next year which is both great (people must think I'm alright!) and terrifying because 16 interviews is a hella lot to sort out :O

What course you doing? looks like IT related to me 'cause that's an awful lot.

Ive always been in the middle of my family between being British & Irish. and while ive lived here in this country for many years now in fact being brought up here i still will always hold that loyalty to being a subject of HM. I cant say i resent living here. In fact i really like this country if it would just get off the chair put down the mug of tea and feckin do some more productive work. Like Being a small nation doesn't help. but Being a small nation allows us to build the best infrastructure to prepare for the future growth. Like when you look at Denmark one of the greatest countries on the planet and there not much bigger than us at 5.4m really does boil down to the people who are motivated to run this country. which i think at the rate were going we will need to recruit someone better like they do in airlines. Because the Irish certainly arent getting anywhere. Im not a political person. i just feel helpless that nothing is happening for this country and it doesnt matter who i vote for at the end of the day my voice wont be heard, and my money will only go into the back pocket of the gobeen that was voted in to run the country instead of the vital infrastructure needed to support the citizens.

I seriously dont know what this is or how it came about so i cant tell if its a rant of a true cry from my heart ha ha.

• Advertisement

Im not a political person. i just feel helpless that nothing is happening for this country and it doesnt matter who i vote for at the end of the day my voice wont be heard,

That's kind of the attitude that allows the situation to continue. If the majority of people take no interest in politics because they feel their vote won't change anything then nothing actually will change. The card carrying members of the establishment parties (ff/fg/Labour) are always going to vote in force.
    Things don't change because voter turnout is always so poor. The same old parties will get in.
    People aren't politically active then in non election times either. People grin and bear it.

New parties get demonized in the national media and the public take them at their word.

This country is a shambles because the younger demographic don't care enough to get involved.
    which is confusing because they turn out in force for the token causes like the marriage referendum last year(not that gay rights are trivial, far from it. But solving one issue at a time isn't going to fix the system, there needs to be a brand new roster in the dail.)

The kardashians Donald trump and Oscar rascism rows get more interest from the 18-34 demographic.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    What course you doing? looks like IT related to me 'cause that's an awful lot.

Pharmacy- we have to do an intern year as a part of our course to get our Masters and to sit the registry exam but 16 is both fantastic and scary

Speaking of Pharmacy...

One of the guys I went to school with has his career on Facebook as "Marketing at Pharmacist"... Gotta admit, it took a few seconds, but I couldn't help but smile when it dawned on me...

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Speaking of Pharmacy...

One of the guys I went to school with has his career on Facebook as "Marketing at Pharmacist"... Gotta admit, it took a few seconds, but I couldn't help but smile when it dawned on me...

Educated Drug Dealer??

Finally.. No more captcha when loading boards.

So ive spent the past 2hrs searching and listening on youube to different renditions of the Irish National Anthem & Ireland's Call ( I know i live a sad life)
    You can blame lady gaga she popped up singing the american anthem.

anyway its come to my attention that there is absolutely no consistency in either anthem. their either too irish as in full of country pub music or too orchestra with a terrible voice. and soldiers song is whay too chirpy. But when listening to Irelands call i love it except for the guitar that absolutely destroys it going from perfect to suddenly sounding like bono took over. :pac:
    I have however found this lovely version except for the tune which sounds like something scrambling on 56k dialup :pac:

Started a Couch 2 5K today. Felt like I was a bit mad for even trying, but I REGRET NOTHING!!

I'm not going all the way back to the omnom thread.

I just made a smoked coley gratin thingy using this recipe: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2155651/smoked-haddock-gratin-

Used coley instead of haddock but still lovely.

If I were making it again, I'd probably replace the cherry tomatoes with slices of regular tomato (first time having cherry tomatoes, wasn't a huge fan) and I'd add a few more spring onions because I found them a bit sparse. Having the spinach as the base was interesting, I can't help but fell it would have been slightly nicer if there was a layer of the topping on the bottom, or perhaps some puff pastry or something, just to give that bit of crunch to it.

I absolutely cant cope anymore. im just breaking everyday. Thought i hit the ground along time ago, guess its just given way
    Depressing%20Quotes%20(Quotes%20About%20Depression)%200076-0078%20(11).jpg

• Advertisement

I absolutely cant cope anymore. im just breaking everyday. Thought i hit the ground along time ago, guess its just given way

Sad post is sad. :(

Sterkte jongen. (Means stay strong in Dutch)

Advertisement