Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a sitting room - Colour Schemes....

• 21-02-2013 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi all,

About to start painting the sitting room, and my partner wants to paint it a soft shade of grey and paint the chimney breast a shade of red. To be honest I'm a little unsure on the colour scheme so I was wondering if people where able to share some pics of their own colour schemes in their sitting rooms (or an rooms really) i find it hard to imagine what a room will look like using testers and colour charts.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

duffman21 wrote: »
    Hi all,

About to start painting the sitting room, and my partner wants to paint it a soft shade of grey and paint the chimney breast a shade of red. To be honest I'm a little unsure on the colour scheme so I was wondering if people where able to share some pics of their own colour schemes in their sitting rooms (or an rooms really) i find it hard to imagine what a room will look like using testers and colour charts.

Thanks
    when i worked for a large paint company ,we would build a small cardboard copy of the room the customer wanted painting,we then could change the colour of the walls to meet his taste, you can also try the [EMAIL="B@Q"]B@Q[/EMAIL] web site,i believe that now you can see the colours as the look in a room and change them as you wish,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

duffman21 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks

Grey and red can look well together.

Our house has every room painted with at least 2 colours..kitchen/dinning area has 3.

A few sampler pots and some pieces of A4 paper painted in the various colours and then stuck up with blu-tak is always a good way to do things.

Look at the colours on the walls in natural daylight and also under house lights too.

Then make your decision.

Simples.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duffman21

Thanks guys

(cheers for the pics Paddy)

Advertisement