Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aphids damage

• 24-05-2012 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭

these little pests have turned my lovely green sitka spruce plantation into a bronze/yellow plantation now,they must be like the locusts in africa,anyone else with this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭greenfingers89

fepper wrote: »
    these little pests have turned my lovely green sitka spruce plantation into a bronze/yellow plantation now,they must be like the locusts in africa,anyone else with this problem?

hope you dont mind me asking what part of the country is your plantation in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

in n.kerry greenfingers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I had that problem a few years ago in one section. Isn't water-logged soil a cause? Neighbour's drain got blocked:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

dont know about that now but my forestry in lowland and gets a fair amount of water runoff of the surrounding higher land but drainge is good enuf after a few days,just to add a lot of springs in this area too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Silvics

had quietened down for a couple of years with the extreme cold winters, but the past mild winter I've noticed it seems to be a problem again. Saw it last week in Cork and Clare on some plantations. The following should be of interest
    http://www.coford.ie/media/coford/content/publications/projectreports/cofordconnects/Aphid.pdf

• Advertisement
Advertisement