Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Dublin shops to buy a Digital Piano

• 12-09-2009 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Hi, as per title my wife is planning to buy a digital piano, could you please advise some good shops in Dublin? Budget is around 1.5k max.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭ Kassidy Harsh Rifleman

paul lyttle is the sales manager in x - music at the red cow hotel area.

hes also a great piano player ,

id ask him

or go to the shop , maybe call em first to set up .

if she is a beginner ,
    id reccomend getting a secondhand roland like an rd 170 first ,

and see how you get on , its a great pro quality board that you can get for 500 600 these days .

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭BSOM

TripleAce wrote: »
    Hi, as per title my wife is planning to buy a digital piano, could you please advise some good shops in Dublin? Budget is around 1.5k max.

Thank you :)

Casio AP 200: €879
    Casio AP400: €1100 (ish) can't remember fully.

Any of the Roland stuff is good, Galaxy have a new range coming out, Yamaha (I dont really know too much of their stuff), GEM from €1500 up wards but there are only a few places with them in stock and getting spares for them if needed wont be easy.

Hope you find one that suits.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 10 paulclesham

Waltons is no doubt the best, in my opinion! they have 2 stores in Dublin, and they are brilliant. They have a massive piano showroom in each store, with a huge selections. With your suggested budget, you will have no problem finding one that suits!

Check it out.. http://www.waltons.ie/

:)

Waltons is no doubt the best, in my opinion! they have 2 stores in Dublin, and they are brilliant. They have a massive piano showroom in each store, with a huge selections. With your suggested budget, you will have no problem finding one that suits!

Piano Plus would have the biggest range, they are out the M50. Also known as the Piano Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

Digital baby grand for 1799! I was in with the lads in Everest, getting some gear at the weekend and noticed this displayed on their floor. Definitely worth checking out. I can't play piano, but i'd love to get something like this for the house! Looks superb.

http://everestmusic.com/product_info.php?products_id=1125&osCsid=c9g0lrrcdiru47eg379dgamj62

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Waltons tends to capture the uninformed buyer and tends not to have the best prices or instruments for the serious musician.

Music maker, pianos plus also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomas911

+1 Music Maker:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 surfbored

Is it possible to get a good keyboard for around €300-€400?

My wife plays piano but she doesn't think too much of keyboards. The problem is, our house is too small for a piano, and money is scarce!

Her biggest gripe with keyboards is that they don't 'feel' right.

I know that a digital piano would probably feel quite realistic, but they're a bit over budget at the moment.

Also, I don't want to spend too much in case she doesn't like playing it.

BTW, I want to buy it as a surprise present for her, so test driving it isn't an option.

surfbored wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a good keyboard for around €300-€400?

My wife plays piano but she doesn't think too much of keyboards. The problem is, our house is too small for a piano, and money is scarce!

Her biggest gripe with keyboards is that they don't 'feel' right.

I know that a digital piano would probably feel quite realistic, but they're a bit over budget at the moment.

Also, I don't want to spend too much in case she doesn't like playing it.

BTW, I want to buy it as a surprise present for her, so test driving it isn't an option.

Casio & Roland both do keyboards with weighted keys. Also they come minus the cabinets of a normal digital so they are a little more space economic. Checkout the Casio PX120.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomas911

Check out the yamaha np 30.
    It is 6 octaves and has semi weighted keys.
    It costs about 300.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

what did you go for in the end? I'm interested in getting one too.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jackandjade

seaner wrote: »
    Digital baby grand for 1799! I was in with the lads in Everest, getting some gear at the weekend and noticed this displayed on their floor. Definitely worth checking out. I can't play piano, but i'd love to get something like this for the house! Looks superb.

http://everestmusic.com/product_info.php?products_id=1125&osCsid=c9g0lrrcdiru47eg379dgamj62

I have come across this piano aswell....

Is there anybody out there that has actually heard and played it..........Is the sound and play quality as good as some of the Rolands and Yamahas??

Advertisement