Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC

1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

1st Div licence got. Game on! :)

Winner of the Official Supporters Clubs free draw of 2 premium level tickets for the upcoming Ireland V Czech Rep game is the master upholstery craftsman himself Thomas Luddy Senior!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    1st Div licence got. Game on! :)

Winner of the Official Supporters Clubs free draw of 2 premium level tickets for the upcoming Ireland V Czech Rep game is the master upholstery craftsman himself Thomas Luddy Senior!

Did his son, draw the winning ticket did he :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

busyliving wrote: »
    Did his son, draw the winning ticket did he :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No the photographer on the night drew it in front to everyone. No use to his son anyway as he has no interest in the national team! :eek:

Cork City 2 - 2 Limerick FC (Behan, Treacy)

Fine workout in front of approx 800 in Bishopstown. Behan put Limerick ahead before Dan Murray levelled. Cork took the lead after half time only for Shane Treacy to make it 2-2 with a free.

Next up is Drogheda next weekend, after that the real fun starts! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Couple of good results there. What's the story with 2 guys from Moscow? Are they staying and more importantly do they look any good.

• Advertisement

They looked good against Sligo last week and I know Limerick are very interested however they wont overstrech themselves to get them with the squad they already have id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Former Irish International and Charleville native Dominic Foley is set to sign for the club. It was announced on the PFAI's twitter that he will be flying in tomorrow to sign the deal and train with the team. He is 35 and from what I hear will be taking on a player/coach role.

It hasn't been announced yet but Derek O Brien (Cork City) is said to have signed. I can't see those two CSKA lads signing for the simple reason we don't need them. At this stage the squad is very strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

where limerick getting the cash?

From supporters and sponsorship like any other club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

able to sign 2 cska moscow lads with sponsorship from supporters?

• Advertisement

EdenHazard wrote: »
    able to sign 2 cska moscow lads with sponsorship from supporters?

Limerick have signed no-one from CSKA Moscow. They were brought over for a trial with a view to a LOAN signing.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Former Irish International and Charleville native Dominic Foley is set to sign for the club. It was announced on the PFAI's twitter that he will be flying in tomorrow to sign the deal and train with the team. He is 35 and from what I hear will be taking on a player/coach role.

It hasn't been announced yet but Derek O Brien (Cork City) is said to have signed. I can't see those two CSKA lads signing for the simple reason we don't need them. At this stage the squad is very strong.

That one has been in the pipeline for sometime now, heard about it before xmas, that we were in contact with his people

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

Based in Dublin, so might spin up to hunky dory park on Saturday for the game agin' Drogheda. Can't see myself making many of the league game sthis year, unless I can skip out of work early on a Friday.

Said I'd throw up a post for anyone that may be thinking of heading down to Jackman to catch a few games this year with a bit of info about the club, the players the league etc…. I know I threw a post up for someone a few weeks ago about something similar but thought this might be handy for some.

Name: Limerick FC
    Home Ground: Jackman Park for the 2012 Season
    Capacity: 2,200 (last capacity I saw for it)
    Division: Airtricity League Of Ireland First Division (Second Tier of the League of Ireland)
    Club Colours: Blue and White

Home league games are played on Friday nights at 7:45pm usually every second week. Cup matches can be on either weekends or Monday and Tuesday nights. Fixtures for the 2012 season can be found here.

Admission to games is 10euro for adults and season tickets are priced at 110euro for adult terrace.

This season there will be an official supporters club and all information of benefits etc… can be found here

New signings. The club while not being overly activate in the transfer window, as a lot of last seasons squad have remained, have made very astute signings in the off season. Dominic Foley, Stephen Bradley, Derek O Brien and Shane Guthrie are all players with LOI pedigree and Foley in particular has 6 international caps to his name.

Manager: Pat Scully
    Chairman: Pat O Sullivan
    General Manager: Kieran Judge
    Club Secretary: Michael O'Sullivan

Some players to look out for this season are:

Pat Purcell (CB) : Captain and all round leader of the team.
    Shaun Kelly (RB) : Solid attacking right full.
    Joe Gamble (CM) : Tough tackling experienced midfielder.
    Stephen Bradley (CM) : More attacking flair in the middle and is known for being a great passer of the ball.
    Denis Behan (CF) : Strong centre forward who links up play very well.

Young players to keep an eye on:

Andrew Bhandarkar (LB) : Only finding his feet at LOI level but is young and willing to attack from the back.
    David O'Leary (CM) : His 3rd season at the club but he is still only 19 years of age. A tough midfielder with a good eye for a pass.
    Paudie Quinn (CF) : Always likely to come up with a spectacular goal and has a habit of scoring against the top teams.
    Sean Brosnan (CF/WG) : Pace to burn, works hard and is well capable of scoring goals.

This seasons First Division is made up of 8 teams that will play each other 4 times. Twice at home and twice away. Teams to keep an eye on will be Waterford United and Longford Town.

Promotion/Relegation:

First will be automatically promoted to the Premier Division. Second will play 3rd in a home and away two game playoff. The winners will then place second from bottom in the Premier Division for the chance to be promoted.

Limerick FC will be hot favorites for the league this season. A title that the club will not have been used to having for a very long time. The club has spent 19 years in the First Division, the longest run of any club in League of Ireland History. The dream for most fans will be a return to the Premier Division and The Markets Field for the 2012 season.

Drogheda Utd 1-1 Limerick FC (Gaffney)

Gaffney starts after his injury, Gary Sheehan played last 20 mins. Roll on next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

just a little bump for the thread given the league starts friday night against Finn Harps.

Looking forward to this game and the start of the season. Been a long winter with no friday night soccer to keep me company

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Do you want to start a new thread for the new season? Might be easier to navigate for folks. If you do, just start it up and I'll lock this 1

Clareman wrote: »
    Do you want to start a new thread for the new season? Might be easier to navigate for folks. If you do, just start it up and I'll lock this 1

+1 for this...

Also think the opening post should include the bit written by Jofspring, its a nice intro for new comers
    Said I'd throw up a post for anyone that may be thinking of heading down to Jackman to catch a few games this year with a bit of info about the club, the players the league etc…. I know I threw a post up for someone a few weeks ago about something similar but thought this might be handy for some.

Name: Limerick FC
    Home Ground: Jackman Park for the 2012 Season
    Capacity: 2,200 (last capacity I saw for it)
    Division: Airtricity League Of Ireland First Division (Second Tier of the League of Ireland)
    Club Colours: Blue and White

Home league games are played on Friday nights at 7:45pm usually every second week. Cup matches can be on either weekends or Monday and Tuesday nights. Fixtures for the 2012 season can be found here.

Admission to games is 10euro for adults and season tickets are priced at 110euro for adult terrace.

This season there will be an official supporters club and all information of benefits etc… can be found here

New signings. The club while not being overly activate in the transfer window, as a lot of last seasons squad have remained, have made very astute signings in the off season. Dominic Foley, Stephen Bradley, Derek O Brien and Shane Guthrie are all players with LOI pedigree and Foley in particular has 6 international caps to his name.

Manager: Pat Scully
    Chairman: Pat O Sullivan
    General Manager: Kieran Judge
    Club Secretary: Michael O'Sullivan

Some players to look out for this season are:

Pat Purcell (CB) : Captain and all round leader of the team.
    Shaun Kelly (RB) : Solid attacking right full.
    Joe Gamble (CM) : Tough tackling experienced midfielder.
    Stephen Bradley (CM) : More attacking flair in the middle and is known for being a great passer of the ball.
    Denis Behan (CF) : Strong centre forward who links up play very well.

Young players to keep an eye on:

Andrew Bhandarkar (LB) : Only finding his feet at LOI level but is young and willing to attack from the back.
    David O'Leary (CM) : His 3rd season at the club but he is still only 19 years of age. A tough midfielder with a good eye for a pass.
    Paudie Quinn (CF) : Always likely to come up with a spectacular goal and has a habit of scoring against the top teams.
    Sean Brosnan (CF/WG) : Pace to burn, works hard and is well capable of scoring goals.

This seasons First Division is made up of 8 teams that will play each other 4 times. Twice at home and twice away. Teams to keep an eye on will be Waterford United and Longford Town.

Promotion/Relegation:

First will be automatically promoted to the Premier Division. Second will play 3rd in a home and away two game playoff. The winners will then place second from bottom in the Premier Division for the chance to be promoted.

Limerick FC will be hot favorites for the league this season. A title that the club will not have been used to having for a very long time. The club has spent 19 years in the First Division, the longest run of any club in League of Ireland History. The dream for most fans will be a return to the Premier Division and The Markets Field for the 2012 season.

Clareman wrote: »

Sounds good. Limerick FC 2012 I suppose could be the thread title. Some info in this may be a little dated at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Hmm - bad night to start the season off when TP will be drawing the crowds in for Shannon V Garryowen

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Hmm - bad night to start the season off when TP will be drawing the crowds in for Shannon V Garryowen

Ya noticed that alright. Can't see it really having any effect on the regulars that go to Limerick matches and there seems to be a good buzz about the game.

Typical though they would refix the Shannon match to clash, I know one or two that will be in two minds about which to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I would have been interested in attending had the Shannon game not been on at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

IM looking forward to the Limerick FC Match on Friday night and so are my kids, who play with the Limerick FC academy and are hoping to be ball boys/girls for the match!

Mc Love wrote: »

Id say their the ones losing out :) Im sure theres a few people we'll lose but not a whole lot. No matter what day/time your clashing with something (Junior football/Premiership/Gaa/Rugby)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Locking this 1 so people can concentrate on the new 1 for the 2012 season

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement