Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospital Bed required

• 26-07-2012 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Am looking for a hospital bed for my mum to be at home for her remaining time with us, she has aggressive cancer and is 80 years of age. She is waiting for a place in a hospice but will be at home soon. Am in Cork area but can travel if anyone knows where I can get one, or even rent one, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Hi, we've had these supplied through our local health centre. If you contact your mothers public health nurse she will hopefully organize one, or point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Ephraim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭DaveyDriving

Eph1958 wrote: »
    Hi, we've had these supplied through our local health centre. If you contact your mothers public health nurse she will hopefully organize one, or point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Ephraim.

We got one approved for our disabled son but has taken almost a year so you may need to keep the pressure on whoever makes the decision to make sure you are not waiting too long. Good luck.
    We did ours through the public health nurse also.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

thanks guys - am following up those tips, appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

Firstly - my deepest sympathy to you. My heart goes out to your Mum. I have just been through this with my recently departed Mum. Our public health nurse was a blessing in dealing with practical matters.
    Mum had a medical card. We got a hospital bed on loan for free. We got a commode incontinence pads and the like at no cost through the public health nurse. I think the free items came because of the card but you should sort this out with the PHN.
    If we had to source the bed from the private sector I could have rented or bought. It would have been cheaper to buy such was the pricing !
    I wish you and your Mum well.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

thanks Anna, she has the Medical card so that should help - can I ask how log were you waiting for the bed etc

• Advertisement

About 10 days. The PHN ordered it.

Dan, how is your Mum ?

Advertisement