Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome sync

• 06-03-2012 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I have signed up for the chrome sync so that any computer i sign into syncs my bookmarks at home to the chrome page i sign into with Gmail. I dont want this to happen every time i sign into Gmail on any computer, is there any way of stopping this happening ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

You have to set up Sync seperatley as far as I knew? I certainly do.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭martin g

I did set up sync separately but every time i sign into my gmail it syncs automatically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I tried Chrome sync but it's too lacking in features, like incremental backup or profiles etc. Before Chrome sync came about I was always using Lastpass and Xmarks (now both owned by Lastpass) as they offer more features much better customisation and work across browsers, IE, Firefox and Safari and even on other platforms, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android. They even offer what you're asking, manual sync only.

I've set selective sync on Chrome and disabled bookmarks and passwords and use these other services, Lastpass and Xmarks. Chrome syncs all my extensions, settings and themes.

Advertisement