Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prize money for Heineken Cup

• 04-05-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Just curious but what sort of prize money is awarded for the Heineken does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

The provinces make very little as far as I'm aware, even for home quarter and semi finals. The IRFU takes their share and the ERC theres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

profitius wrote: »
    The provinces make very little as far as I'm aware, even for home quarter and semi finals. The IRFU takes their share and the ERC theres.

I know in terms of ticketing the ERC had full control of tickets for semi but I think Leinster had full control for the home quarter final.

But If Leinster went on to win on the 21st would there be a prize pot for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

I think it is around 300,000 for the Amlin and 450,000 for the H Cup. Provinces will also get large bonuses from sponsors for winning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

The IRFU takes the full prize money from the HEC and amlin and the full TV money, as well as 50% of the provinces share of knockout gate receipts

A portion of TV money is distributed based on how far you get in the competition

Advertisement