Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre connection issues

• 22-07-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

The saga of my efibre connection is going on for 24 days now.

Nightmare in getting my old provider switched off the line, eircom DSL added, efibre installation appointments where the engineer didn't show up (Me and the eircom guy that made the appointment were the only people who ever heard of the appointment), installation not working, etc

They finally sent an engineer (3rd party, not eircom) to do the installation last Wednesday. I have no broadband DSL or Fibre ever since. Apparently they never created an efibre account for me.

I have spent about 10 hours on the phone since Wednesday and right now I have absolutely no idea when the issue will be resolved.

One agent asked me to call back in a week to see if there is any update!!! :eek:

I am appalled at the don't care attitude of their entire organisation.

The only people who seem to be prepared to do anything are the cancellation department, who will cheerfully cancel if I ask.

Has anyone actually got efibre up and running? Is the level of customer service that I have experienced an indication of the level of support I should expect going forward?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

get on to the guys in the eircom "talk to form", they usually get things sorted for members

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

• Registered Users Posts: 3 coekeuro

BraveDonut wrote: »
    The saga of my efibre connection is going on for 24 days now.

Nightmare in getting my old provider switched off the line, eircom DSL added, efibre installation appointments where the engineer didn't show up (Me and the eircom guy that made the appointment were the only people who ever heard of the appointment), installation not working, etc

They finally sent an engineer (3rd party, not eircom) to do the installation last Wednesday. I have no broadband DSL or Fibre ever since. Apparently they never created an efibre account for me.

I have spent about 10 hours on the phone since Wednesday and right now I have absolutely no idea when the issue will be resolved.

One agent asked me to call back in a week to see if there is any update!!! :eek:

I am appalled at the don't care attitude of their entire organisation.

The only people who seem to be prepared to do anything are the cancellation department, who will cheerfully cancel if I ask.

Has anyone actually got efibre up and running? Is the level of customer service that I have experienced an indication of the level of support I should expect going forward?
    just got efiber in Carrigaline Cork from vodafone ordered it and had it in installed in 7 days install time 1 hour, working fine 47-48mb download 15mb up was hoping for 70mb as the cabnet in very near my home. just cancel and go with vodafone they are not perfect had problems in the past with them but they are fine at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭swoofer

you are possibly on the 50mb profile, ring them and get upgraded, how close are you?

no on 70mb profile just think the copper is going to kill the last run. they say 500 meters from the cab i don't think it is that far away will have to get the tape out.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

coekeuro wrote: »
    no on 70mb profile just think the copper is going to kill the last run. they say 500 meters from the cab i don't think it is that far away will have to get the tape out.'

do your speed test with upc speed test http://speedtest.upc.ie/

its a lot more accurate than the eircom speed test or speedtest.net

and let us know if theres a difference

steve

• Advertisement

Hi Steve,

I did a test at 933am

upc 47.03 down 15.26 up
    speedtest.net 46.72 down 15.48 up
    magnet 46.446 down 15.48 up

i am on a variable speeds profile.

do you have fiber if so what speeds are you getting ?

John

Advertisement