Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime on Netflix

• 19-02-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, first time posting here,

Anyone else signed up to Netflix yet, I signed up to the 1 month trial and was
    delighted to see an Anime film selection, but it just happend to be about 20 films,
    Just wondering if anyone else has signed up to Netflix, whats your opinion on their Anime selection. Theres a way to switch to the American version of Netflix, any one else done this yet? Is there a bigger selection of Anime?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The US version has a better selection, and also a handful of subtitled shows as well as dubs (like Death Note). Also seems to have more Ghibli titles.

Some good stuff on the Irish one too - Summer Wars, Melancholy of Haruhi etc... - but I just cannot watch dubs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Hopefully as the months go on Netflix will add to their Anime library, I'm gonna watch a fair bit of anime today anway, great quality and instant streaming. it's great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Some good stuff on the Irish one too - Summer Wars, Melancholy of Haruhi etc... - but I just cannot watch dubs :(
    Summer Wars isn't on the Irish Netflix?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Lawliet wrote: »
    Summer Wars isn't on the Irish Netflix?

It was anyway! I watched a few minutes of it to check out what language it was in. I was disappoint :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Aye the American version has a big selection of anime - thought I read somewhere that it was part of their strategy to bulk up their content and it appears anime is pretty cheap when compared to other shows ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Are the Rebuilds of Eva on the Irish netflix?

Not on the Irish Netflix I don't think.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

How do you switch it to use the american library? Is that free month offer still going?

Afraid you cant switch between versions short of going to the US :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

<snip>

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Claymore on Netflix. It's dubbed but still awesome. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Birthdaycake

i saw a few anime movies on netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

i saw a few anime movies on netflix

Truly fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Les56

I watched loads of Anime on Netflix, watched a lot of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and it was deadly! Just finished the Gurran Laggan and twas really cool! :)
    So is it the IP of my pc i need to change?

Les56 wrote: »
    So is it the IP of my pc i need to change?

We can not discuss ways to circumvent Netflix's copyright

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Les56

Oops, sorry :( Won't happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JonasADF

what I like about netflix is the low price, for 7.50 a month it's the first time it's almost been easier to go legit when watching flicks online... I would probably pay that, so I think finally they are copping on

What the hell happened, am I the only one or has the anime selection been reduced to about 6 films lately, Why don't they have a large selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

My eldest daughter has really gotten into anime. Up until now she has loved watching shows like Ranma and Inu Yasha. Since we signed up for Netflix we've watched Gurren Lagan together and since a few nights ago we started watching Robotech. Robotech looks quite old, but I'm glad I didn't miss it, up to episode 10 and its great! I think I spotted it in the childrens section, not the anime section?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭megaten

My eldest daughter has really gotten into anime. Up until now she has loved watching shows like Ranma and Inu Yasha. Since we signed up for Netflix we've watched Gurren Lagan together and since a few nights ago we started watching Robotech. Robotech looks quite old, but I'm glad I didn't miss it, up to episode 10 and its great! I think I spotted it in the childrens section, not the anime section?

It's probably there because it's an old syndicated show made by cutting up three different shows. It's still meant to be good in it's own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

megaten wrote: »
    It's probably there because it's an old syndicated show made by cutting up three different shows. It's still meant to be good in it's own right.

I'm enjoying it so far. I love the voice overs telling us about how the characters feel etc Gives it a real retro feel :)

• Advertisement

Ejoyed watching heroic age on Netflix, only 26 episodes though ,shame.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ejoyed watching heroic age on Netflix, only 26 episodes though ,shame.

I'm gonna check that out after I finish with orphen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JonasADF

ah, I'd say if there were more episodes of heroic age made it'd get crap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just looked around on Netflix and spotted Gunslinger Girl and Baccano! on there. My friend likes GG so gonna watch it and anyone who hasn't seen Baccano! needs to re-evaluate their life.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    who hasn't seen Baccano! needs to re-evaluate their life.

Truly a masterpiece and a very violent one at that :-P

JonasADF wrote: »
    ah, I'd say if there were more episodes of heroic age made it'd get crap

I guess so, still I was curious to see
    what was on the other side of the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Truly a masterpiece and a very violent one at that :-P

I sadly never gave Baccano a proper shot, I would watch an episode in bed, sometimes falling asleep before it was over and by the end I had no idea what was going on and I just moved on to whatever the next show that I was going to watch was. I've always been meaning to give it the go it deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭megaten

Seems to be a few new titles up. Sound of the sky (Sora no Woto), Redline, 5 cm per second and a few others I don't recognise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Oh nice, been meaning to get 5cm/s. Also heard Redline is insanely gorgeous looking.

:EDIT: Just had a gander at the new releases, has the 3 megaten mentioned, a film called Emma (looks loosely based on the book) and a series called Rental Magicka (:confused:). Also Sound of the Sky is subbed, so possibility of seeing more animes that might not have got a dub in the future (thought Netflix would only put up dubs, but oh well).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

pretty bad selection, I understand anime isnt massively popular but I cant see how 400 bollywood films are any more appropriate for ireland. Oh well, I'm giving Birdy a spin

Advertisement