Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concert - Swedish House Mafia *** READ POST 121 BEFORE POSTING***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Not really fair to blame MCD for the state of the grass. Cant control the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Tut tut tut
    People out enjoying themselves, how dare they

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Melion wrote: »
    Not really fair to blame MCD for the state of the grass. Cant control the weather

You can't blame them for the weather and its unfortunate for them but it's still their responsibility to fix the park up afterwards

As for the noise , I'm in Dublin 15 to the north of the park and can't hear a thing. Wind must be blowing the other way

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

Melion wrote: »
    Im not blaming them, nor do i care.. but they willl be the ones held responceable & the ones fined as they holding the event..

I know from experience as we where fined & everyone had to pay up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bouncebouncey

It's a bit more than people out enjoying themselves. There have been multiple arrests and assaults. It's absolute carnage up in the park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

After seeing the mudbath that Stone Roses was turning into by the end of Thursday's gig and given that the crowd tonight was bound to have a few scumbags and underagers, im not surprised the place is turning out to be a ****ing state and there's trouble at it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Are the rumours about the stabbings true? Hope it's not true but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I was driving through town today and the amount of rough looking heads going to the gig was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭fiacha

I heard about one lad cutting some people with a bottle, but nothing confirmed. The two lads telling me about it were pissed, so it might just be chinese whispers at this stage.

Nothing on twitter but a photo of some couple shagging in the mud !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone got a contact number for someone at the gig? Trying to find out if rumours are true - gardai and fire brigade know nothing.

Private message me if you can help.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

fiacha wrote: »
    I heard about one lad cutting some people with a bottle, but nothing confirmed. The two lads telling me about it were pissed, so it might just be chinese whispers at this stage.

Couple shagging is from T in the Park...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

fiacha wrote: »

That was in T in the Park, Scotland I'm fairly sure. Sure, it has been posted falsely as taking place at that Project X party in Cavan!

First few zombies walking past the house on way home now. Seem to be in good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

I just called other half and he hasn't heard a peep. He is almost home though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Just a rumour that has taken legs I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Lot of it over twitter now:

"Lots of people leaving the Swedish House Mafia gig minutes before they come on stage for the simple fact that there is trouble EVERYWHERE"

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Just a rumour that has taken legs I reckon
    I Hope so

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I was in the park for a lot of the evening. There seemed to be a lot of people walking out if the park. I would say at least 75% were stupidly drunk. Lots of scum around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

hopefully the rumours ain't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

@kevinjpurcell: Garda Communications tell me nothing is happening at the Phoenix Park #justrumours

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rugbyman2015

Was at the concert. Serious rough crowd. Bad organisation and generally speaking, more guards should have been on site and the enjoyment factor was ruined by seeing fights break out every 10 seconds...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Kids music like this gives dance music a bad name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I know it's easy to say from the comfort in of my living room and hindsight's a wonderful thing but from the get go this concert had scumbag convention written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Tails142

I live to the north of the park near ashtown, couldn't hear the gig tonight. Could hear the stone roses gig on thursday very loudly, guess it's to do with the wind.

Was driving through finglas earlier and the amount of scumbags in large groups making their way toward the park was unreal, I'm talking groups of fifty people laden down with cans, I'd say it was some crack in the park alright....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Absolute knack fest. Glad I didn't go anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Kids music like this gives dance music a bad name
    People think dance music is associated with scumbags but its only kids music that draws the scumbags,*cough cough* avicii *cough cough* david guetta.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Tails142 wrote: »

Was driving through finglas earlier and the amount of scumbags in large groups making their way toward the park was unreal, I'm talking groups of fifty people laden down with cans, I'd say it was some crack in the park alright....

We seen this too but we noticed it was only girls!!!

we were heading back from breakfast and the place mobbed with drunk girls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

A concert like this would be great for a surprise mass sterilisation.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Definitely 1 stabbing. I've had it confirmed by someone on site. Wasn't instantly fatal but no update on that. The person in question was stabbed twice. Unconfirmed report of a second stabbing which was, allegedly, a facial stab wound

Instantly fatal? So what you're saying is the person died later?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

I hope tomorrows crowd is not as rough reading this thread is putting me off going..:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bouncebouncey

Nope I'm saying the person who told me about it doesn't know how serious the injuries were but he does know the person didn't die instantly from them. They could have been, relatively speaking of course, minor or they could have been serious. He wasn't involved in the medical aftercare so he doesn't know

Advertisement