Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date Ideas in Kilkenny?

• 24-01-2012 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm heading out on a date weekend with a girl I've only gone on a couple of dates with, and trying to avoid the whole routine of dinner/drinks.

Any suggestions on something a little different but still 'date-like'?

I'm living in Kilkenny City and do have transport, but not at the 'go away for the night' stage of things yet, so maybe a drive somewhere close for some activity or other, and then back to town for a drink maybe, or skip the drink, whatever!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Raver8 wrote: »
    so maybe a drive somewhere close for some activity or other

Heh heh heh.

Do something random like a surf lesson in Tramore. Or else a drive to Inistoige.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Raver8

Forgot to mention it'll be Saturday evening! Surf lesson good one to keep in mind though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Sky King wrote: »
    Heh heh heh.

Do something random like a surf lesson in Tramore. Or else a drive to Inistoige.

Take a girl he barely knows to a wooded area, hmmmmmm, I hope his real name isn't Larry :p

In all seriousness though, I can't think of anything for Saturday evening. Bowling in MacDonagh or Karting in Carlow, as you can tell it's been a while since I brought a girl on a date :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

If its evening, then it will be dark,not alot of activity so.
    Cinema or theatre?

Take a girl he barely knows to a wooded area, hmmmmmm, I hope his real name isn't Larry :p

Hahaha, funny.. but at the same time... not :)

I'm kinda with you on that one, can't be too secluded, because like you said, I don't know the girl that well and don't want her to be uncomfortable... alone in the woods haha

Night does have it's limitations alright. Last two dates were dinner and drinks, and that's great, but can get repetitive..

Bowling might be an idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Take a girl he barely knows to a wooded area, hmmmmmm, I hope his real name isn't Larry

You are the one who took the simple suggestion of driving to a village on a date and made a sinister connection with woods and a known sex offender.

You also have a well documented history of dressing in tight spandex every weekend and trying to persuade naive individuals to accompany you to isolated areas of the county.

It's YOU we should be watching out for Mr Havoc.

I am watching you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fabbydabby wrote: »
    You also have a well documented history of dressing in tight spandex every weekend and trying to persuade naive individuals to accompany you to isolated areas of the county.

When I dress up in spandex, it's because I'm riding. I ask others because group riding is much more fun and easier.
    fabbydabby wrote: »
    I am watching you
    Please stop, the gardaí have been notified.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Visual arts centre in Carlow for a show, food beforehand in Lennons there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Karting in Kiltorcan or Bowling in Waterford/Carlow/Kilkenny or Spin to Tramore and have a lovely romantic stroll along the strand and not forgetting the slot machines :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 birdlake

Woodstock, Inistioge...beeeeautiful walk around the grounds, or for a longer stroll park in the village and walk up from the river to Woodstock :) This plan will be more effective if it's not raining!

• Advertisement

I think Tramore is getting some serious consideration. Sure it's tacky and whatnot, but a stroll on the beach with a bag of chips... and a 45 minute drive each way, can't go too far wrong :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

FT9, tried to edit it,but it seems you were faster!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

FT9, tried to edit it,but it seems you were faster!!!

No prob. Post deleted

Raver8 wrote: »
    I think Tramore is getting some serious consideration. Sure it's tacky and whatnot, but a stroll on the beach with a bag of chips... and a 45 minute drive each way, can't go too far wrong :)
    Go to Freddie's and impress her with your ninja roulette skillz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Rollerblading in Bagenalstown if it's still open - there beside Kiddies Kingdom. Best fun ever.

It looks like it is.

http://www.kiddieskingdom.ie/roller-skating-carlow-kilkenny/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Is the Kilkenny on Ice thing still there? Not sure when its closing but that'd be fun, and when she falls you can catch her and cop a feel :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

ah that is so sweet you are thinking about where to take this girl on a date! lucky girl!! you must like her a lot......:)
    i was gonna suggest visual in carlow - super theatre, there maybe some sort of event on there at the weekend. lennons for supper before hand - its kinda casual.
    also, there is a race meeting on in leopardstown - could be fun!!!
    in waterford there is a very nice greyhound stadium and i think there is a meeting on saturday nights - always fun! and - you don't have to spend a fortune either.
    yah, a stroll along the beach is always lovely but if its sat night - not much good!!
    a favourite venue of mine; borris....the step house is fabulas but i think it is closed not sure when it is opening again it could be opening this weekend again. or to o'shea's is a quaint pub. mount leinster - is fabulas...
    storm cinema in waterford is good as well but i know what your saying you want something a little different!
    i hope you have fun on the date and so sweet (im having a bad run of guys lately and no dates!! )

im having a bad run of guys lately and no dates!!

You should start hanging around the Gentleman's club, I actually met up with a girl from there, didn't work out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Bring her down the canal with a flagon of Devil's Bit and try dropping the hand. Girls love the classy approach.

Make sure she doesn't read this forum, otherwise you'll have stiff competition from Einhard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

sorry Captain Havoc it didnt work out for you with that lady! plenty of girls in kilkenny - my god the left bank is full of girls on a sat night! i am older so it is impossible to meet a decent guy anymore......i just give up as my mother keeps telling me - maybe I am destined to be on my own! good luck with your search for Ms Right.

Kinda feel the same myself, not exactly old but obviously the further I go along the less single women there is out there. Hope it works out for you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Maybe you two should take a stroll down the canal together....

ft9 wrote: »
    Maybe you two should take a stroll down the canal together....

boards.ie: now ye're datin'

I've a bit more class than that, I'd take the lady for light refreshments at Kilkenny's most prestigous location: The World's End.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

Just get a room you two.

Any news on the date???? Where did ye go??? Did tramore win :D

Make sure she doesn't read this forum, otherwise you'll have stiff competition from Einhard.

It's not too hard to beat off stiff competition if you're willing to drop the hand too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

How about taking her to a Novena or a hurling match or even better, take her to the family plot and ask her if she'd like to be buried with your people. I heard that was once the way to go once although it may also be why there were loads of bachelors in the countryside!

Could've sworn I clicked on Kilkenny City and not After Hours.

• Advertisement

catbear wrote: »
    How about taking her to a Novena or a hurling match or even better, take her to the family plot and ask her if she'd like to be buried with your people. I heard that was once the way to go once although it may also be why there were loads of bachelors in the countryside!

:eek: The family plot, never heard of that hehehe I would be worried though if i was brought to a graveyard on a date ;)

Advertisement