Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Network Review

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

CIE wrote: »
    How would you have reacted if the original ND plan of turning the 68 into a Red Cow-Newcastle shuttle route to/from the Luas had come to fruition instead, and that fact slipped your mind?

That's like saying you weren't kicked in the nether regions, so it's not that bad..

But the 68 did have exceptionally low loadings..I was the only one left on the bus before Clondalkin on the evening services..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

So with the 27 going back to Clarehall people in Blunden Drive, Millbrook, and Edenmore will be left with a frequency of 30 to 45 minutes while people in Coolock get better than 10 minute frequency, sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

A few extra bits of info are now available from the Network Direct section on DB's website.

Route 1
    Route 1 will serve Shanard and will provide a 20 minute service travelling via Swords Road, Drumcondra, Dorset Street, Parnell Square, O'Connell Street, Townsend Street, Pearse Street, Ringsend, Irishtown and Sandymount.

Shanard » Swords Road » Drumcondra Rail Station » Dorset Street » Parnell Square » O'Connell Street » Townsend Street » Pearse Street » Ringsend » Irishtown » Sandymount.

Route 44
    Route 3will be amalgamated with Route 44 and will operate from Larkhill to Kilternan. Between 7am and 9.30 Monday to Friday it will have a 30 minute service travelling southbound and then it will revert to an hourly service. The revised Route 44 will provide a direct link to Drumcondra Rail Station, O'Connell Street Merrion Square/Clare Street, Ranelagh, Dundrum Town Centre, Stepaside and Kilternan. It will provide direct connections to the Green Luas and Red Luas lines.

Larkhill » Swords Road » Drumcondra Rail Station » Dorset Street » O'Connell Street » Merrion Square/Clare Street » Ranelagh » Dundrum Town Centre » Stepaside » Kilternan.

I would hope the new 16 will avoid Shantalla to save on a bit of time Airport bound. That is of course if the 1 serves Shantalla...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

So no Enniskerry-Dublin service? How about even a bus fromm Enniskerry to the Luas?

The 185 will take over the job by offering a connection to the city, this route is no longer being withdrawn. I didn't think it was being taken out of Enniskerry but the loadings were said to be very poor on that stretch of the route.

• Advertisement

The 185 goes to Bray, not the city.

Loadings are usually pretty good on the 44. It is particularly vital on weekends when score of walkers use it.

will there not even be a connection to the Luas?

I fear for the shopkeepers of Enniskerry as well as the walkers. This is an absolute disaster.

I meant 185 will offer a connection to the city through the DART/145. It is a surprise as I thought it would continue on the original 44 route.

We shall see what happens, I think it is due to be implemented on the 6th May. If that is the case it'll have to be posted on the website by Monday evening.

Having to go to the city via Bray, when there is a Dublin Bus terminating 2 miles up the road, is a disaster.

Surely there has to be at least a service to the nearest Luas stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

This is a joke! 44 is used by tonnes of walkers! Between the cuts to the 161, 44b, and 201 over the last few years, it's getting impossible to get to the mountains on the Weekend by Dublin Bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

I was looking at the bill a few days ago and Enniskerry was on it, can anyone give a link to the Dublin bus site info as i cant find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dazmetron

I was looking at the bill a few days ago and Enniskerry was on it, can anyone give a link to the Dublin bus site info as i cant find it.

It's well hidden. No mention of Enniskerry

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭A2000

No mention of Enniskerry[/Quote]
    79 info is from parkwest to beaumont hosp but it will serve castletimon but its not mentioned either. May be just an oversight?

dazmetron wrote: »
    It's well hidden. No mention of Enniskerry
    Ive been making calls, this could be a mistake on DB's behalf as the bill states Enniskerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 caz34

So the 3 link from UCD to Sydney Parade will go. Will it be replaced by anything? It is well used in the Evening going to the dart, less so in the opposite direction.

caz34 wrote: »
    So the 3 link from UCD to Sydney Parade will go. Will it be replaced by anything? It is well used in the Evening going to the dart, less so in the opposite direction.
    From memory the 2 is going to do ucd>parnel sq only. They also want(to be decided) to reroute the 47 from the Merrion rd to go via Ringsend to Fleet st.

The 44 Enniskerry (or lack of) link dates back to Friday, July 22, 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dazmetron

I didn't spot that. I don't remember if that was picked up on this thread back in July 2011!

Hopefully you are right about db making a mistake about this on the website. I would be more inclined to believe the bill that you have seen particularly if the web information is that old.

It has been updated in the past few days with the title date left unchanged.
    Route 3/a will operate alternate journeys from Parnell Square to Larkhill and Shanard Road via Dorset Street and Drumcondra.

Cached copy of the original version which is quoted above (from only the other day 21/4/12) can be seen here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

I still say that the 2 should have been extended to Shanard Road and the 3A not even created. Run the 2 as Shanard Road-Belfield and the 3 as Larkhill-St. John's Church. Who to talk to at DB that has some influence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I strongly suspect the 44 listing is an error - there is no way that will not operate to/from Enniskerry.

As I read it the plan is:

Route 44 Larkhill - Enniskerry (it has to be Enniskerry and not Kilternan).
    Route 1 Shanard Road - Sandymount

The plans for the 2 and 3/a would appear thankfully to have been shelved.

Hope you are right LX.

Anyone who finds out for certain, please let us know!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭A2000

Route 221 has been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

lxflyer wrote: »
    I strongly suspect the 44 listing is an error - there is no way that will not operate to/from Enniskerry.

As I read it the plan is:

Route 44 Larkhill - Enniskerry (it has to be Enniskerry and not Kilternan).
    Route 1 Shanard Road - Sandymount

The plans for the 2 and 3/a would appear thankfully to have been shelved.

It seems db made a mistake on their website and they've changed it

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

It had to be - there was never any suggestion of any cuts to services to/from Enniskerry.

Hope you are right LX.

Tis fixed now!

It good that this is all sorted now. The changes for the Swords QBC actually improve the network a fair amount.

Hope you are right LX.

A few calls last night and an email this morning and all is sorted out ~ the 44 was an error spotted by internet users.

(Sigh of relief)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Thank God; I'm back. My hard drive of 350GB went completely on Tuesday the 10th of April. I only had it back only this evening after having it fixed in Rathgar for 2 weeks.

Anyway; Moving on.

How is the the new look 104 route from Clontarf (Conquer Hill) to Shanard (Santry) going? The new timetable looks very similar to the 53 IMO.

If you don't know what I am talking about; here it is.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/104/

I think that is a first for the 104 IMO!:D

Also, the earlier OP about the 45/84 merger was inevitable anyway IMO. A lot of faces around my locality will be well disappointed with this development. I am bit puzzled on the new 45a routing through Loughlinstown as well. If 'Loughlinstown' is meant to be on the N11 side, there could be a perception to the resident's opinion that it is in some way controversial.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement