Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AvantCard - MBNA

• 10-01-2013 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭noelma

AvantCard is taking over my Visa card from MBNA.
    Should II be concerned? Is it time to change suppliers?
    I clear the card fully at end of every month, so interest rates don't worry me.
    Just wondering..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Charlee Great Tycoon

Im with them too and not worried about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

noelma wrote: »
    Should I be concerned? Is it time to change suppliers?

I am with them too.

Why would you be concerned? Have you read the information sent out to you? What are you concerned about?

Why change? Who would you change to?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

AvantCard have purchased MBNA Ireland from Bank of America, as they did with MBNA Spain. As it stands, it is business as usual for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I just got a letter today about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

Are Apollo also known as AvantCard?

Apollo is the parent company of AvantCard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Is that good or bad.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Just go new MBNA cards last week, can I expect these replaced again shortly.
    Reminds me of BOI issuing new laser cards after they started the switch to Visa debit.

Hootanany wrote: »
    Is that good or bad.

It's not really either, yet. Instead of one company owning it, another does. Happens all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭wench

KoolKid wrote: »
    Just go new MBNA cards last week, can I expect these replaced again shortly.
    No, the letter says current cards will remain valid until their expiry dates.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mobile text services is gone from March 14th, happy days

Not altogether surprising with the rise of smartphones. The mobile site isn't half bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Looks like the switch over is ready for march 15th from mbna.ie to www.avantcard.ie.

eStatments have been suspended and can be registered again when the new site goes live. Login details wont be transferred, so will have to register new.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭picturehangup

Just tried to pay an installment on my MBNA account online and couldn't.
    When I rang Carrick On Suir, I eventually got to speak to someone after half an hour holding on.
    I was informed that the online service can only accept laser cards and cannot accept visa debit cards as yet.
    Just wondering whether the consumer will still have to pay interest rates even though they cannot be facilitated online, and to wait half an hour to pay by phone is unacceptable. Not good enough MBNA. I am going back to my BOI Credit Card.

Just tried to pay an installment on my MBNA account online and couldn't.
    When I rang Carrick On Suir, I eventually got to speak to someone after half an hour holding on.
    I was informed that the online service can only accept laser cards and cannot accept visa debit cards as yet.
    Just wondering whether the consumer will still have to pay interest rates even though they cannot be facilitated online, and to wait half an hour to pay by phone is unacceptable. Not good enough MBNA. I am going back to my BOI Credit Card.

They never did accept visa debit. You could do an online transfer from your bank account to there account number:

A/C: 90001059
    Sort code: 93-20-86

They can take visa debit payments, just they choose not too, as they will take them in late situations if you get to talk to the right person.

Apparently the new website will take debit card payments when launched so sit tight for another 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭picturehangup

Davy,

Thanks for that. Never thought of an online transfer.

Looks like I won't need to use it, though.

Picturehangup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tony63023

when will the avantcard.ie website be up and running

tony63023 wrote: »
    when will the avantcard.ie website be up and running

After March 15th iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tony63023

Thanks for that davy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Have they stopped issuing paper statements? Havent had one in Jan or Feb.

Mine have come as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 beetleboy

Davy wrote: »
    After March 15th iirc
    Still no website. Do we have to wait until tomorrow?

beetleboy wrote: »
    Still no website. Do we have to wait until tomorrow?

It launched this morning but was taken down as wasn't fully working. Now its just directing to mbna.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Davy wrote: »
    It launched this morning but was taken down as wasn't fully working. Now its just directing to mbna.ie
    Now that doesn't inspire confidence. I saw it last night but the 'Register' button wasn't working, thought it would be up and running today but it just bounces to MBNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

www.mbna.ie:

MBNA no longer operates its consumer credit card business in Ireland which was recently transferred to AvantCard.
    Select 'Continue' to visit the AvantCard website.

www.avantcard.ie:

The AvantCard website is currently unavailable due to system maintenance. Please try again later.
    We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Any hearsay on when this will be back up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

birchtree wrote: »
    www.mbna.ie:

MBNA no longer operates its consumer credit card business in Ireland which was recently transferred to AvantCard.
    Select 'Continue' to visit the AvantCard website.

www.avantcard.ie:

The AvantCard website is currently unavailable due to system maintenance. Please try again later.
    We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Any hearsay on when this will be back up and running?

I now officially hate banks. I am caught up in this farce now. Mbna website no longer operating. Avant card website not llowing log ons or registeration. GRRTT :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

:mad: Useless shower of ******

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Its wont recognise my mbna log in and it wont let me sign up for a new log in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Its wont recognise my mbna log in and it wont let me sign up for a new log in.

are you not getting this message? where is it letting you try signing in?
    Welcome to AvantCard

We're putting the finishing touches to our new credit card website and we will have it up and running very soon.

If you have any urgent account queries, give us a call on 0818 409 511 Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 2pm.

To let us know that your card has been Lost or Stolen ring 0818 409 511 or +353719656262 from abroad 24 hours a day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement