Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Platinum Hair gone orange and yellow!

• 03-03-2013 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

Hey guys!

About two weeks ago now, I dyed my hair with L'oreal feria super platinum blonde and my hair went yellow and orange. My hairdresser had to cut off my ends and everything!
    Can you dye over this? I was going to dye it brown? Anyone have any experience ?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

This happened me with the exact same dye :eek:

My roots were actually orange, it was gross. I tried dying over it with different hair dyes but my roots were still a different colour.. I ended up getting fed up with it, and I loved being blonde, but I just dyed it brown.

I only did it about a week ago but so far, so good. Hopefully the problem won't return when the brown dye fades a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Get a purple shampoo. It'll sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭ Jefferson Flat Furnace

This sounds nuts but should work. Pour a bottle of tomato ketchup on your roots & leave on for an hour or so. It should take the orange tone out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

This sounds nuts but should work. Pour a bottle of tomato ketchup on your roots & leave on for an hour or so. It should take the orange tone out.

It sounds nuts because it will only make her hair worse.
    The orange hair will turn a reddish orange, and red+the yellow parts makes orange too.
    Red takes out green. Blue takes out orange and violet takes out yellow.

I would suggest taking a look at the colour wheel...

http://www.dimensionsthruart.com/files/images/color%20wheel%20complementary%20colors.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

This shampoo is amazing, and the colour is based on the colour wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Put a purple shampoo in. I use the Joico one..expensive enough but brilliant!

If it's really bad go to a hairdressers and ask them to put a toner in it, should sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Be careful with purple shampoo's. The are great at taking out brassy or yellow tones, but i found that the parts of my hair that were already white turned grey. It was unpleasant!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

Hey guys!

I've been using fairy liquid and john frieda purple shampoo and my hair has gone way way down so cars aren't crashing when they see me anymore :D
    My friends think it's fine but I think it's way too loud for me!
    Gonna grow it out a bit I think :)

Appreciating all replies!x

Advertisement