Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying voice on radio

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

So many ad voiceover people have horrible, horrible put-on voices/accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Oh god yes. And I had the misfortune of having him as a course tutor in college...

I couldn't stick that. He sounds like he has phlem in his throat all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah... Anyway, there's a radio forum. It's more a pleasant piece of advice, wouldn't call it pedantry (put it this way: Terry and Karoma wouldn't be so patient as they've enough to be doing besides redirecting threads to their correct fora). You're obviously unaware that there's more to Boards than After Hours. Or maybe you're just painfully, painfully lazy...

Yeah...anyway.... AH only has threads that couldn't go anywhere else....yeah, ok.

Thanks for the heads-up on my awareness & lethargy issues though.
    Merry Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Tony Fenton. Smug boll!x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

George Hook.

• Advertisement

big b wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads-up on my awareness & lethargy issues though.
    Merry Christmas.
    You're welcome. And right back at ya... PLUS a big kissy-wissy - mmmmWAA!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭shane_by

Henry McKean (sp?), Newstalk. Not so much annoying as just downright weird. When I first heard him, I thought he was taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Dave Fanning. I just hate the guy.

Gerry Ryan. Sounds like a slug vomiting.

There used to be this woman years ago called Clare McKeown. She sounded like she was stuffing cream buns in her gob when she talked.

(BTW Mordeth would have put this in some music forum by now if he was in charge)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ruth Scott, she sounds how she looks.

And what's with the girls who sound like they're in the throes of sexual ecstasy when they're advertising e.g. washing powder? Like the one who does the Bulmers Lite ad - sounds like her erogenous zones are getting a right good seeing-to. It's not that sexy a drink, love!
    Or those voiceover artists who have normal accents but then throw posh bits in willy-nilly...

Aw, gutted. Pighead and WindSock are offline.

What an anti-climax to my 4,000th post... :(

• Advertisement

Pigman II wrote: »
    Dave Fanning. I just hate the guy.

Gerry Ryan. Sounds like a slug vomiting.

There used to be this woman years ago called Clare McKeown. She sounded like she was stuffing cream buns in her gob when she talked.

remember when she had the "problems" show on Rock 104? Some dude rang in and told her he was suffering from premature ejaculation. Cue a long discussion among the panel, followed by Clare declaring her respect for the guy for being brave enough to ring in. "I've one more question" says the caller. "hows your gee?"

Classic.

And what's with the girls who sound like they're in the throes of sexual ecstasy when they're advertising e.g. washing powder? Like the one who does the Bulmers Lite ad - sounds like her erogenous zones are getting a good seeing-to. It's not that sexy a drink, love!
    Or those voiceover artists who have normal accents but then throw posh bits in willy-nilly...

congrats on the 4k, and on working them in without labouring it (too much).

edit: i see my congratulations mean nothing. NOTHING. Well, sly off to your REAL mates then.

;)

And what's with the girls who sound like they're in the throes of sexual ecstasy when they're advertising e.g. washing powder? Like the one who does the Bulmers Lite ad - sounds like her erogenous zones are getting a right good seeing-to. It's not that sexy a drink, love!

Thing is I always imagine that's what your voice is like tho.

"ooohh 4,000 posts. That's SOOOO big."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

tbh wrote: »
    remember when she had the "problems" show on Rock 104? Some dude rang in and told her he was suffering from premature ejaculation. Cue a long discussion among the panel, followed by Clare declaring her respect for the guy for being brave enough to ring in. "I've one more question" says the caller. "hows your gee?"

Classic.

very similar to the one I've heard of where Gerry Ryan (i think) was doing a bit on where people would like to be buried. One bloke rings and and Gerry asks him where he would like to be buried and gets the response "up to me balls in Bibi Baskin." Could be an urban legend tho :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

sounds like her erogenous zones are getting a right good seeing-to.
    Beautiful Dudess. Absolutely beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

David Norris. No-one else even comes close.

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    David Norris. No-one else even comes close.

I could listen to that flaming Senator all day. He's quite fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I could listen to that flaming Senator all day. He's quite fabulous.

That's disgusting.

tbh wrote: »
    congrats on the 4k, and on working them in without labouring it (too much).

edit: i see my congratulations mean nothing. NOTHING. Well, sly off to your REAL mates then.

;)
    Sorry, sorry tbh, I just ran off to make a cuppa. Aw, thank you, that's so lovely of you. I shall treasure that post forever! :):o
    Thing is I always imagine that's what your voice is like tho.

"ooohh 4,000 posts. That's SOOOO big."
    Cheers Piggie for the most flattering picture you have of me in your head.
    Pighead wrote: »
    Beautiful Dudess. Absolutely beautiful.
    Cheers the other Piggie. This is proving to be quite an emotional day for me...

Thank you all so much for the past two and a half years, guys. Here's to my 5,000th! May the next 1,000 posts bring much joy, tears and arguments with Sonnenblumen (happy Christmas, ya old meanie!

sweetie wrote: »
    very similar to the one I've heard of where Gerry Ryan (i think) was doing a bit on where people would like to be buried. One bloke rings and and Gerry asks him where he would like to be buried and gets the response "up to me balls in Bibi Baskin." Could be an urban legend tho :p

I heard it :) they were talking about what they thought heaven would be like. The guy started off talking about golf, and your man said "do you know where I'd like to be buried?". Oh and it wasn't balls, it was b0llocks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Nobody seems to have mentioned the worst offenders of them all: Spin 103.8 - The majority of the DJ's on Spin make me want to throw the radio out the window....Jonathan McRea, Steve K, those two tw@ts on the Zoo Crew....

Really starting to detest Matt Cooper quite a bit too - he's got nothing good to say about anyone/anything...especially when he has that eejit Neil Francis talking about the rugby.

The usual suspects have always been Adrian Kennedy & Jeremy Dixon - best example of Lowest Common Denominator radio

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i'm surprised no one has mentioned moncrief. i don't hate his voice but its very distinctive so you'd think someone would hate it. the gf does.

Yeah, Moncrieff does bug me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Moicheal Mock Mollen is definately the King of Idiot voices. Emma MockNomora on the business news is a close second followed closely by Anthony "Tony Fenton" Fagan's mid atlantic twang.

Oh yes, Emma McNamara - she really hurts my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Matt Cooper drives me nuts, cant bare listening to him.

• The girl who does the ad for Dundrum Town Centre and currently, Lyyyyyyrath Estate.
    Her voice and accent are incredibly irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Taxi driver's favourite Joe Duffy. Its not really the accent just the insufferable whining twinge to his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Moncrieff I hate the ****er...annoying gob****e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

Definately Mat Cooper-sooooo annoying and also Jenny Heuston!!

Advertisement