Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coins & Banknotes Valuation Sticky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

Didn't attach. Try again lol

the one on the left is a silver crown coin, worth around €25
    on the right is a sovereign coin worth between €300 and €320

Kebel wrote: »
    Hi there,

Similar to the above, I have the following notes

10/- 6-4-64
    £1 - 13-5-66
    £5 - 12-5-69
    £10 - 24-5-73
    £20 - 6-1-75

The 10/- is admittedly "rough" but all of the other notes are blemish free, with no creases or marks of any description.

Pics as below

Thank you in advance

From the top
    10 shillings around €3
    £1 €10-€15
    £5 €25-€35
    £20 €120-150
    £10 Around €75

wattersss1 wrote: »
    -

from the top

£1 €10-€15
    10s 1957 €35-€50
    10s 1955 Around €25
    £5 €40-€50
    £10 €40-€50
    £20 €120-€150
    £100 €300-€350
    £1 1955 Around €25

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭macco66

~€340 each

Thanks for the reply, Anthony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Anybody got ideas as to what these are and their value? Some sort of cuff links? They are made from old coins - George II, Queen Anne etc. Thanks in advance.

coins%2B008.JPG

coins%2B010.JPG

• Advertisement

yeah they're cufflinks made from maundy four pence coins
    value wise im not too sure to be honest
    they have no numismatic value but maybe to the U.S. market around €50 for the pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AndrewOne234

the one on the left is a silver crown coin, worth around €25
    on the right is a sovereign coin worth between €300 and €320

Cheers for that. Anywhere in or around waterford you know of that would pay a good price for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

Hi Guys,

I have lots of coins from different year I got when I was a kid. It was my collection and now it has been in a bubble envelope for too long.

I am thinking to sell them but haven't got a clue about value or if any of them are even good for a collector.

I put them on a big sheet of paper recently and tried to take pictures and some are blurry but hopefully you will be able to guide me in how I should proceed.

I made a picasa album and a small video at the end, and would appreciate some feedback.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Locteau/OldCoins

thanks again

Sebastien

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

locteau wrote: »
    I put them on a big sheet of paper recently and tried to take pictures and some are blurry but hopefully you will be able to guide me in how I should proceed.

Looks like a random collection of common World coins and I can't see any dealer being interested in buying them. Best bet would be to separate them by country and stick them up in lots on ebay, making sure to list the individual dates in case there's any important ones. Otherwise just stick them up on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

Thanks for your feedback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fg10291

Hi guys,

I have 2 no 'One Yellowbelly'. These were a bank note issued to mark the millenium celebrations in Wexford and were only valid as currency from !st Jan 2000 until 11th Feb 2000

Any idea of value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tomrae

Hi, I have a 1659 'ARMES OF CORK' penny, anyone have an idea is it worth anything?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

tomrae wrote: »
    Hi, I have a 1659 'ARMES OF CORK' penny, anyone have an idea is it worth anything?

Yes it would be, but depends on it's condition. In good condition I've seen them selling for anything up to 50 Euro. There'd be a ship between two castles on one side and CC on the other. It's a merchant token but I've no idea who issued it, I'm not sure if the issuer is even known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tomrae

Thanks Blade, one more if I may, a 1680 Charles II Halfpenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cjmca

Hi,
    I have a £5 Bank of Ireland banknote from 1990, with a very low serial number - A000003. It's encased in a BoI commemorative card with some information on Queens University on the back. Anyone any idea of value?

tomrae wrote: »
    Thanks Blade, one more if I may, a 1680 Charles II Halfpenny?

Again it really depends on condition. Could be anything from a few euro to 100+ . You would really need to post a picture of both sides .

• Registered Users Posts: 13 alexm

I have a load of notes from different countries most of which are in poor shape but i came across this one in the middle any ideas of worth
    its a 1 pound 1943

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mad4road1

Hi I was just wondering could anybody possibly tell me the rough value of an old Irish tenner? The date on the note is 14-02-85. I no with notes it depends on the condition, the note is in fairly good condition and am just looking for a rough valuation. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tammydog

hi i am brand new here , im also new to collecting irish banknotes , i was thinking of buying a national bank 1 pound ploughman note dated 3 , 7 , 34 uncirculated note for 750 sterling . i want to jump in at the deep end. is this a good price . thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 31 llcolj

Hi,

I have seven rolls (50 coins per roll) of used Belgian 1 Franc coins dated from the 50s, 60s and 70s.

Does anybody have any idea if these are worth anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Hi. I have a few full and half sovereigns and was wondering how do I go and find if any of them are worth more than the bullion value except going through ebay listings of similar coins? Is there any place in Dublin that could do that or even a web site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eimutea3

Hi have loads off dif coins gona post few pictures here so if someone knows if they have any value?
    I know most off them in quit bad state..

More pics

and more

few more

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

anennis_20120409_0027.jpg

anennis_20120409_0027-2.jpg

Found this coin at home. Not too sure where it came from as nobody in my family are collectors of particular items.
    The 1 Euro coin is just for size reference in relation to the Silver coin.

Any info would be great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

I had to laugh at this chancer when I saw it
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/collectibles/3133252

Carazy wrote: »

God loves a tryer! :D

anennis_20120409_0027.jpg

anennis_20120409_0027-2.jpg

Found this coin at home. Not too sure where it came from as nobody in my family are collectors of particular items.
    The 1 Euro coin is just for size reference in relation to the Silver coin.

Any info would be great:)

Always check out eBay to for ideas on valuation...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=isle+of+man+derby+crown+coin&_sacat=0&_odkw=isle+of+man+crown+coin&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Several on here and a few pounds is maximum that you can expect. :)

• Advertisement

Carazy wrote: »

Come on, one of us is going to have to wind him up and record the call }:-)

Advertisement