Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGowans Harolds Cross

• 20-12-2011 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when this pub is opening?
    Apparently its across the road from Peggy Kellys near the dog track.
    Im assuming its the same pub thats in phibsboro or something along those lines ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GraMoore01

They working around the clock and are trying to have it open by saturday, i walked by yesterday and it looks nearly complete. As far as I know its going to be the same as the others with all the promotions and stuff. handy for me living in mount argos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Acc to leaflet from local community group, they have bar extension on 23rd until 2 and New Years eve until 2.30!! 2 minute walk/5 minute stumble form my front door! Say Mizzoni chipper will be delighted!!!

Was there last night. They were rushing to get it open for Xmas and it shows. The place is still very far from finished but it's the same McGowan's as the one in Phibsborough so when it's fully finished it should be a good pub.
    Got a free xmas pint and the staff were all sound so I'll be popping in again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,976 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Is that the place that used to be the Inn in the Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

If it is the same as McGowans in Phibsboro,
    Does that mean that they are going to have the same kind of Di(kh€ad doormen too??...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Is the old Lantern Inn still open, and where is McGowans, what sort of age group goes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Is that the place that used to be the Inn in the Park?

Yes, thats it. Vacant for years & an eye sore to HX

Pubs in the area have got a huge revamp lately, Sean McD's is another pub on the road that has been renovated.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Good stuff, hopefully it does well. Do they do food?
    Big supporter of Sean McD's, great pub and they have great stuff on during the week. Excellent for cold winter evenings and looking forward to sitting in that beer garden come May (hopefully).
    But must give McGowans a twist.
    Go HX

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

PauloConn wrote: »
    Good stuff, hopefully it does well. Do they do food?
    Big supporter of Sean McD's, great pub and they have great stuff on during the week. Excellent for cold winter evenings and looking forward to sitting in that beer garden come May (hopefully).
    But must give McGowans a twist.
    Go HX

Sean McD's is great little pub, don't know why McGowans opened up when it wasn't finished yet, first impressions and all that, will say it will find it hard to persuade any one that's changed to McD's to come back. That pub always lived off funerals anyway (no pun intended).

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭SlowJack

I was there a week ago and had a pint, got convinced to eat something. I think the food was very nice and very good value for money and the Guinness was very good. It is a bit quiet, but sure, I reckon as soon as people get to know they open they will do well. I found it very friendly.

I was looking for a web page and found the facebook page and this thread, so I thought I will add my 2 cent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Best of luck to them - the old 'Inn In The Park' used to be a good spot for bands and very busy with 'country folk' going back about 15 years ago. The McGowan lads did a very good job in Phibsboro but Churchtown turned in to a scroathole pretty quickly. Anyone know how they're doing in Stillorgan?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Best of luck to them - the old 'Inn In The Park' used to be a good spot for bands and very busy with 'country folk' going back about 15 years ago. The McGowan lads did a very good job in Phibsboro but Churchtown turned in to a scroathole pretty quickly. Anyone know how they're doing in Stillorgan?

Terrible anytime I've walked by. They've ruined what was a super pub in Bolands. I haven't gone back in there in about 18 months though as they started raising their prices to City Centre prices after 11 on a Friday to 'pay for the DJ'. Food was only average enough as well. Maybe they've changed things since but I'd prefer to give my custom to the Orchard or the Mill House where it's appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

mccarte2 wrote: »
    Terrible anytime I've walked by. They've ruined what was a super pub in Bolands. I haven't gone back in there in about 18 months though as they started raising their prices to City Centre prices after 11 on a Friday to 'pay for the DJ'. Food was only average enough as well. Maybe they've changed things since but I'd prefer to give my custom to the Orchard or the Mill House where it's appreciated.

Bolands-a super pub :confused: We must have completely different criteria for what makes a good pub. Bolands was easily one of the worst pubs I've ever been in-dirty, expensive and a pretty rough crowd.

McGowans has been a huge improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Bolands-a super pub :confused: We must have completely different criteria for what makes a good pub. Bolands was easily one of the worst pubs I've ever been in-dirty, expensive and a pretty rough crowd.

McGowans has been a huge improvement.

What fun would it be if we all agreed on everything?! :pac:

Advertisement