Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    How much did that run in at? Must pick one of those up

$85 US delivered (so €64.10)

About the same price as the 70 in 1 cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Tbh, it's madness when you only buy one of something these days :p

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Going through my old games this afternoon and I have found five 3DO games.
    My Console and several other games are in storage,these are all in cd cases rather than the cardboard box. I would swap but am not really sure what for.

Gex-American
    Cyberia-American
    Star Fighter
    Dragon's Lair-No Rear Cover
    Shanghai Triple Threat-No Cover

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Tools and spanners time... Not a pixel on the screen. Hope to change that:
    photo.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    $85 US delivered (so €64.10)

About the same price as the 70 in 1 cart.

He could be looking for a lot more, given he's the only person on the planet producing these things, and wonderfully made they are too.

I may look into getting a new one myself, the sd based cart would be a lot more user friendly than the serial port one I have.
    That said, once you flash it, or dump your roms onto it, there will be little reason to do anything else with it, but play it.

Remember Vectrex fans,
    Share And Enjoy!

(that's what I did at a Beers and now loads of people have one!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

got this in the post this morning, cost €5.50 including postage

252px-Me_%26_My_Katamari_Coverart.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Going through my old games this afternoon and I have found five 3DO games.
    My Console and several other games are in storage,these are all in cd cases rather than the cardboard box. I would swap but am not really sure what for.

Gex-American
    Cyberia-American
    Star Fighter
    Dragon's Lair-No Rear Cover
    Shanghai Triple Threat-No Cover

I've quite a few NES and PS1 games if you're interested. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Tools and spanners time... Not a pixel on the screen. Hope to change that:
    photo.jpg

NICE! Always wanted one of these, where did you grab that?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sera wrote: »

As much as I love the Katamari games, that one almost drove me demented with the controls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

001-2.jpg?t=1333055336

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,275 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oooh nice, I'd say that set you back a few quid.

31 blips, although the manual is a bit worse for wear

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

001-2.jpg?t=1333055336

Nice!!! Been on the look out for it but got sidetracked. It's up there with Etrian Odyssey as one of the finest dungeon crawlers ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Sera wrote: »

Now you and your Katamari can be with each other where ever you go!

Let me know how it is, I have only played the Katamari Damacy so far.

5.50 is a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

As much as I love the Katamari games, that one almost drove me demented with the controls
    the girl selling it dropped it down from $10 to $1 because the music drove her demented lol
    waveform wrote: »
    Now you and your Katamari can be with each other where ever you go! 5.50 is a steal.
    that's exactly why I got it!
    Let me know how it is, I have only played the Katamari Damacy so far.
    PSP screen is a bit crap so want to get it changed before I play anything it's so distracting. But when I do get a chance to play it I'll let you know. Played Damacy loads of times and We Love Katamari (?) a little bit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,026 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Me and My... is, alas, disappointing. It's good fun, but the controls aren't good and there's only really one level to the thing. Sure, the level gets bigger, but there's very little variety to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

leftys rule and rightys drool!

Here what I got today, can wait to get stuck into it

rpo_hard_cover-345x440.jpg

Not my pic btw

Not a bad read, straight forward enough.
    References to 80s games, movies and other nerdmobilia will hold your interest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Dr Bob wrote: »

New 78:1 format camera? Nice :cool::D

Congratulations man :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Congrats on the new arrival dude!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

New 78:1 format camera? Nice :cool::D

Congratulations man :)
    lol , yeah youtube does NOT like my cameraphone ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Aw, congrats Dr. Bob!

I picked up only 3 games recently.

10286243.jpg

Bioshock and fable the day before game closed and then Madden purely for the novelty of finding an NTSC PS2 game in a charity shop. That and it was €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Few sealed DC games arrived today from Ninja's Castle on Ebay. They're all in mint condition and exactly as advertised.
    I'll stick up a few pics later on but it's nothing to exciting. They seem to have a decent amount of sealed DC game stock if anyone is on the look out.

Edit:
    @Dr Bob
    I've no video where I am at the moment but I'm guessing we're congratulating you on having sexy time 9 or so months ago? If so then well done sir and congrats.

pity he doesnt have more PAL games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

pity he doesnt have more PAL games

Expect

Angry+Mob+Simpsons.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, Mobile Light Force 2 (Shikigami no Shori) arrived today, the worst cover art ever, bar none, well aside from Mobile light Force (Gunbird), which was a completely different game with the same cover, aside from the addition of the all important number 2 on the cover...
    Looking forward to playing it though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I beg to differ, the US release of Suikoden 1 gives it a run for its money.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

IMAG0159.jpg

I'd a Game Boy Advance SP for a couple of years now that came with something else I'd bought. And I'd no idea whether it worked or not because there was no charger for it. Since buying a charger for a possibly broken console felt like throwing money away I'd never gotten around to it.

That was until I saw a multi-cable that'd charge my NDSL too, so it'd be worth owning even if the GBA plug on it was never used. So, purchase...

...And now I have a functioning GBA SP :D Mostly this is nice just so I can play Game Boy colour games and GBA games in multiplayer, since the NDS Lite could play GBA games just fine.

Other stuff: button badges that will be combined with Ikea Kassett boxes, super glue and magnets so I've a neat way of labelling what games are in which boxes. Glue magnet to white label at front, attach badge. Done! And if (when) I buy more stuff and need to move to bigger Kassett boxes the magnet can stay where it is while the badge is undamaged for reuse. Not too shabby. I still need to find some good magnets, not too brittle or super strong.

Finally: NDSL mic, from Game, in Blanchardstown. A sale I wish they weren't having. Ear bracket on this thing is TINY so that'll have to be changed, and I don't actually know any DS games that use the mic (if anyone does, I'd welcome a PM, so as not to OT this thread) so I figure when I do get a little confidence with soldering I'll try splice the proprietary looking Nintendo connector on this with something a bit less awkward to wear (kinda essential, I wear glasses so runner's earphones and call-centre style headsets aren't often comfortable)

[Newbie's log: Previously in this thread: 1, 2, 3... and this one makes 4]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Picked up a pinball today, will get pics tomorrow, I took a bit of a gamble as this thing hasn't been turned on in 10 years, but it looks in good nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Some goodies over the last few days :)

7029850915_c844391554_c.jpg

6883749308_8ae082b86f_c.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement