Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2012 & training log links

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

How come my current bike score (with a paltry 21k biked), is 42, yet people who have yet to get their togs wet (because there are 7 of them), score 39 for their "swim"?

I'm not taking this too seriously, at all at all. But heads should roll.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Because no one from position 39 down in the swim has logged anything so they're all on 39 as there's no one to push them further down, where as 39 - 43 in the bike is logged so you'll be pushed down by those who have logged more kms than you.

Because no one from position 39 down in the swim has logged anything so they're all on 39 as there's no one to push them further down, where as 39 - 43 in the bike is logged so you'll be pushed down by those who have logged more kms than you.

Ah yeah I understand that, my point is that the big gang of them who have made a sekrit pact together to not swim are being rewarded with a lower overall score (x+y+39), whereas my fully embracing all disciplines is penalized purely because biking is more popular than swimming.

It's good to see someone of your high-flyin' rank understand my point, and like you said, it is indeed a trafesty.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If you got your finger out and made it to number one none of this would matter...

Oryx wrote: »
    If you got your finger out and made it to number one none of this would matter...

Hmm, lateral thinking, I like your style. I think the idea behind MCOS's tables is that complaints get rewarded, but your way is worth a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Ah yeah I understand that, my point is that the big gang of them who have made a sekrit pact together to not swim are being rewarded with a lower overall score (x+y+39), whereas my fully embracing all disciplines is penalized purely because biking is more popular than swimming.

No they have not been rewarded with the lower overall score. They collectively have the lowest score for the swim column. The challenge is open to adventure racers, duathletes and those who just do one or the other. I'll guarantee that anyone with a blank on any column at the end of the year will not win the challenge. They may fly high enough if they top the bike and run with 2 golds, but everyone with 3 greens will rank higher regadrless of how many or few SBR points they have.

The fact is, the challenge favoures those who SB and R!

In the first 2 installment of the SBR challeneg we had runaway leaders in each discipline but none of them challeneged at the business end.

So best strategy. Get the 3 greens first and push on from there ;)

Also DeePop, nobody with a 39 swim rank is currently higher than you in rank or lower than you in SBR points... take a chill pill man!

Ah I was only messing- I think the SBR challenge is great altogether, and a really good motivator. I don't really believe someone with 21k on the bike deserves to be much higher than he is;)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Bally8 wrote: »
    I miss the positions tab :(

Me too..

Position tab will be less and less relevant folks but if you want it brought back in the meantime I will organise?

For now ranking done up for week 5 and your movement in the challenge over the week marked in too.

Top SBR hoochies DoryDory and RC walking or ahem running away with the run 1 and 2. Is this just spring marathon fever or will they go the distance?

Fazz pushing me hard on the swim and even if I or another pip it to the first green he will top the challenge with a second green soon after!

The AR lads are making moves. GoHome vs Nerraw battle will be interesting

5 ladies ahead of DeePop :D

57% to swim green
    50% to bike green
    41% to run green

5 weeks down, 73 training sessions put down by Shell to Run :eek:

Well done all round, race season is approaching fast folks. Happy training :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

5 weeks down, 73 training sessions put down by Shell to Run :eek:

Had such a laugh when I read this! Made a hasty run to training diary to make sure and yes 73 is the magic number. Can’t believe it as never counted training this way!!:eek: Thanks shotgunmcos for reality check though.
    Another great week training. 90% of sessions are at easy pace. Getting weight down and building good aerobic bace for season ahead. This way I stay injury free and later in the season I will convert some of quantity for quality. 5 runs (3 easy, 1 interval session, 1 long run – 9miles), 2 turbo, 2 cycles, 3 swims (1 coached session), 2 classes – yoga and aerobics. First brick session of the year 40m cycle followed by 5 mile run – all easy comfortable pace. Record this week as I swam 1,850m in pool – longest I ever swam in one session. Three years ago I could not swim a stroke and this week the SBR coaxed me into completing 4k in 3 swims - cheers again shotgunmcos.
    Plan this week is to maintain swims and easy running week. Race at the weekend so time to see if all this training is making any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

down 5 :( Fair play shotgun, haven't had time to thank you for the work being done on the challenge. I love the new way personally. I have however a lot of catching up to do but I'll have to resist the temptation to do extra km's during the next few weeks/months :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Cheers for the hard work Shotgun.

Good week for Gohard all right.

Consistency from here on in....again ;)

Dude,

I need you to add in an aqua running column ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Dude,

I need you to add in an aqua running column ;)

I think you should be kicked out of the challenge for such a request!

I think you should be kicked out of the challenge for such a request!

I think I should get extra points for doing whatever it takes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I think I should get extra points for doing whatever it takes ;)

An hour and a half of pushing a lawnmower around should go down under other cardio too.

An hour and a half of pushing a lawnmower around should go down under other cardio too.

Ah jaysus lads, you'll be logging ironing, washing the dishes and bringing out the bins next.

Ah jaysus lads, you'll be logging ironing, washing the dishes and bringing out the bins next.

Unless you can do the ironing or dishwashing while on the turbo it shouldn't count!

:D LMAO

Between this and DeePop using his new bike to pick up bread and milk at the shop, I'm in stitches this morning :D

Re: putting the bins out

My sister lives up a mountain and has 0.8km to walk to put her bins out :eek:

I have about 20 meters but it is uphill :)

• Advertisement

Re: putting the bins out

My sister lives up a mountain and has 0.8km to walk to put her bins out :eek:

I have about 20 meters but it is uphill :)

Can we have a column for hill repeats? :D

Unless you can do the ironing or dishwashing while on the turbo it shouldn't count!

Challenge accepted :cool:

Challenge accepted :cool:

Photos or it didnt happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Sorry guys I've feicked the table up. Not sure what I did or how to fix it. eek dont kill me:o

Bally8 wrote: »
    Sorry guys I've feicked the table up. Not sure what I did or how to fix it. eek dont kill me:o

Ctrl + Z

Ctrl + Z

Ctrl + Z

Ctrl + Z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I had tried that but it said there were no changes to undo:eek:. I'm having a total bimbo day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Select File - See Revision History
    and go back to before you started editing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Bangkok Marathon done in a time of 3.15. Disappointed with the result, and to make matters worse the 42+km was only good enough to move me into second place in the run standings. And that will probably only last till the next time RacoonQueen decides to head out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

zico10 wrote: »
    Bangkok Marathon done in a time of 3.15. Disappointed with the result, and to make matters worse the 42+km was only good enough to move me into second place in the run standings. And that will probably only last till the next time RacoonQueen decides to head out the door.

Good man zico, tough conditions, I'd imagine.

The SBR challenge has gone crazy this year -personally, I blame the chicks...

• Advertisement

Folks

The challenge is now ranked up to week 6.

68% to swim green
    65% to bike green
    44% to run green

Dory Dory is the lead SBR hoochie now unless RacoonQueen is sitting on a chunky update :) Shell to run is due her weekly update too which could change things.

Lots of bike miles being put down last week meaning spring must be here?!

Well done to Zico on the Bankok Marathon. Hey its not the result you wanted but you are out there exploring so to knock out a decent marathon off a few weeks traning and in that heat is not to be sniffed at. Fair play!

Bonus points for anyone who can predict the date the first green will land :D

@Izoard I agree, the ladies are best thing this challenge has seen!

Advertisement