Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live in Limerick

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Being honest about it Limerick has a fantastic road network around it and someone moving here from the likes of Galway or Cork would view the Limerick definition of traffic as a free flow.

Woodhaven in Castletroy is mixed between postgrad students, young professionals and young families.

Kylemore in Monaleen isn't too far away but you won't find (m)any students up there.

On the Northside Clareview is a 20 minute walk to the city centre and right near the cinema, Dunnes and Ivans. Ashbrook/Bracken is probably more young family friendly though.

If you really do want to live outside the city Castleconnell on the east side has a rail link to the city centre as does Sixmilebridge to the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Raheen definitely if you want to be close to the city, but out of it at the same time (if that makes sense!)

Adare is a gorgeous little village, but if you're working in the city, I've heard the traffic in and out of Adare can be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

If you are looking Adare side, how about Croom, nice little village, and 15 mins to get in to the city using the cork road and then motorway, with a few different exit options bypassing traffic, taking you to where you want to go in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Langer

herself fancies Killaloe - Anyone know anything about the new developments there, Shantraud Woods and this one http://www.daft.ie/ArdaNaDeirge

can anyone tell me is every new housing development subject to social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Langer wrote: »
    herself fancies Killaloe - Anyone know anything about the new developments there, Shantraud Woods and this one http://www.daft.ie/ArdaNaDeirge

can anyone tell me is every new housing development subject to social housing?

I live in Shauntraud Woods. PM me if you wanna know anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Hi guys, I don't want to hijack op's thread, but I just wanted to ask what people's views are of The Strand apartments? I'm moving back to Limerick at the end of the month (yay), and to me The Strand apartments look fab, but it woul ebe good to hear other opinions.

Also I am currently looking for one or two people to move in with, but I don't really know anyone looking in Limerick. Where is the best place to advertise for roommates?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

panda100 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I don't want to hijack op's thread, but I just wanted to ask what people's views are of The Strand apartments? I'm moving back to Limerick at the end of the month (yay), and to me The Strand apartments look fab, but it woul ebe good to hear other opinions.

Also I am currently looking for one or two people to move in with, but I don't really know anyone looking in Limerick. Where is the best place to advertise for roommates?

I've only heard good things about them. I would say that they are the best apartments in the city, by a distance. Well maintained common areas, high quality finish, good neighbours.

They're also in one of the nicest areas of the city. Can't go wrong really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement