Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gloves for working with brambles / blackthorn

• 08-07-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

My "garden" is a fairly thorny affair, whenever I do any work in it my hands and arms look like I've been in a wrestling match with 20 angry cats :D

Normal leather rigger gloves (and some common sense) work ok for manual handling/pruning ...my main problem arises when I use my lawnmover.

I have to drag that under and around thorny bushes and the fabric back of the rigger gloves offers no protection for the back of my hands while the wrists are bare.

Im looking for a reasonably light (and affordable) type of glove that offers allround protection against thorns and possibly has long sleeves as well to protect the wrists.

Any glove you can recommend? Where can I get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I use welders gloves when i am working with brambles and any like that,also they would cover you up to your elbows,you will get them in any good hardware shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

ZX7R wrote: »
    I use welders gloves when i am working with brambles and any like that,also they would cover you up to your elbows,you will get them in any good hardware shop.

THIS.....I was just going to reply and suggest the same....brillant for really tough gardening jobs & offer protection up and over the wrist and are tough! My local co-op does them fairly reasonably.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Thanks to both of you!

I'll give welding gloves a try so

Advertisement