Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM Class of 2011- the continuing challenge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Younganne wrote: »
    Ye hoping to get out in the morning and then taking the kids to the beach for a walk!!

Lots of us doing Jingle Bells 5K. We'll have to arrange meet up so we can put faces to names!!!;)

Sounds like a plan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

ok iam gonna try a table...Basically the same as the DCM thread.

Name|Sessions|Distance|Comments|
    BobMac104|3|15m|Feel good.Looking forward to getting back to regular running this week|

Its been 5 weeks (?) since taper began so iam getting a bit anxious to start back following a regular plan. going to go for a speed session with the local club on tuesday i think to see what thats all about. did a few strides yesterday after a brisk 4miler and i think i am good to go but will continue to monitor as the week goes on.

(table worked!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thur|Fri|Sat|Sun|
    Rest|4m|5m|4M|rest|6m|Cross

Here is this weeks plan for anyone looking to follow it

* note this is Hal Higdon Week 3 as third week since DCM and we have skipped week 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Name|Sessions|Distance|Total|Comments|
    BobMac104|3|15m|15m|Looking forward to getting back to regular running this week|
    Younganne|4|14m|14m|enjoyed the easy pace this week

Good man BobMac104, soon we'll have it full of names.... i added Total so that we could track it as the weeks go up
    Did a bit of Tempo today..did miles 3 & 4 at pace

hey E.coli any tips on what to expect from a club speed session ? Obviously depends on what they will do, but in general like.

• Advertisement

ecoli wrote: »

Here is this weeks plan for anyone looking to follow it

* note this is Hal Higdon Week 3 as third week since DCM and we have skipped week 2
    Can i ask why we are skipping week 2? at the end of week 4 he recommend a race and i think a few have signed up for Jingle Bell on 3rd Dec which fits in at the end of the 4 weeks....just wondering??

Can i ask why we are skipping week 2? at the end of week 4 he recommend a race and i think a few have signed up for Jingle Bell on 3rd Dec which fits in at the end of the 4 weeks....just wondering??

Simply because you are two weeks out from the Marathon. Your body should feel recovered enough to the point where you are able to resume mid mileage low intensity

The aim will be to include some very light 5k paced work the week before Jingle Bells just to introduce your legs to running at this pace before you shock the body with the race

Thanks Ecoli, that make sense, i was just wondering in todays run how i would manage to run faster after all this slow easy running!! I enjoyed the faster paced miles today.

BobMac104 wrote: »
    hey E.coli any tips on what to expect from a club speed session ? Obviously depends on what they will do, but in general like.

400m intervals are a classic session although at this time of the year there will be some clubs doing Fartlek type runs which are basically X min hard running usually follow by the same easy jogging in between reps.

What club are you going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

BobMac104|3|15m|15m|Looking forward to getting back to regular running this week|
    red face dave|3|11|11m|Great to be back at it.

Very bad this weekend take aways, pints way to many pints very sick today.:) But it was my first time since September so it was allowed. Off the drink now until after Waterford half. Cheer Bob for the table.

• Advertisement

400m intervals are a classic session although at this time of the year there will be some clubs doing Fartlek type runs which are basically X min hard running usually follow by the same easy jogging in between reps.

What club are you going to?

Thanks I think they did that last week alright. looking forward to something like that.
    Grange (Cork)
    good man BobMac104, soon we'll have it full of names.... i added Total so that we could track it as the weeks go up
    Did a bit of Tempo today..did miles 3 & 4 at pace

Very bad this weekend take aways, pints way to many pints very sick today.:) But it was my first time since September so it was allowed. Off the drink now until after Waterford half. Cheer Bob for the table.

Thanks lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Hey ecoli. I assume i follow this with the extra run at the weekend. (am doing the waterford half) I am also just going to change my rest days around to Monday and friday as i wont get to run at all on monday. Thanks

Nules10 |4|14|14| Aww i hope i haven't fecked up the table have forgotten how to do it :o

Phew :-)
    Oh Thanks bob

Nules10 wrote: »
    Hey ecoli. I assume i follow this with the extra run at the weekend. (am doing the waterford half) I am also just going to change my rest days around to Monday and friday as i wont get to run at all on monday. Thanks

Sorry the table messed up

|Rest|4m|5m|4M|rest|6m|Cross

Should be fixed now in terms of people aiming for the Half my suggestion would be

|Rest|4m|5m|4M|rest|60 min|60 min

Sorry the table messed up

|Rest|4m|5m|4M|rest|6m|Cross

Should be fixed now in terms of people aiming for the Half my suggestion would be

|Rest|4m|5m|4M|rest|60 min|60 min

Great Thanks ecoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭conseng

Nules10 |4|14|14| Aww i hope i haven't fecked up the table have forgotten how to do it :o
    Conseng|4|12m|12m|knee pain gone thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

run44|3|10m|10m|Once I got out and running, really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

shazkea|3|12m|12m|Non DCM-er following a 3 run/wk plan coming back after a few months not running

Just thought it might be nice to see what everybody is doing in December. Post target times if you like but no pressure.

Jingle Bells 5km - 03/12/11
    shazkea - time depends on direction we do Kyber! Will post once route confirmed

Aware 5 Miles - 10/12/11

Waterford Half Marathon - 10/12/11

Clonliffe 5km XMAS Cracker - 18/12/11

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

Aware 5 Miles - 10/12/11
    run44 - Would like to get a sub 43mins time to achieve a PB

Great idea :)

• Advertisement

Aware 5 Miles - 10/12/11

Clonakilty Marathon/half Marathon/10km 10/12/11
    BobMac104 _(Half marathon) Time... (eek)I'd love to do a 1:45 but the course is tough and a solid 1:50 would round off 2011 nicely for me.

Nules10- going to run this with a friend her first race and doesn't want to do it on her own...she will probably kill me :)

Aware 5 Miles - 10/12/11

nules10- will see what i can do about a sub2. but not holding out much hope

BobMac104 _(Half marathon) Time... (eek)I'd love to do a 1:45 but the course is tough and a solid 1:50 would round off 2011 nicely for me

Nules10- going to run this with a friend her first race and doesn't want to do it on her own...she will probably kill me :)

Aware 5 Miles - 10/12/11

BobMac104 _(Half marathon) Time... (eek)I'd love to do a 1:45 but the course is tough and a solid 1:50 would round off 2011 nicely for me

*adding run44 back in

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭KittyMittens

How do I add to the table, sorry....never updated it in the DCM thread but thinking having to write it down would be good motivation this time :) thanks.

shazkea|3|12m|12m|Non DCM-er following a 3 run/wk plan coming back after a few months not running
    KittyMittens|X|X|X|I love running|

ok just quote my last post remove the "Quote" markers before and after the "Table" maeker and edit the 4 spaces after your name.Sorry i dont know the correct terms for them but hopfully it works ok for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭KittyMittens

KittyMittens|4|9.5m|9.5m|Thanks!|

Nules10 - going to run this with a friend her first race and doesn't want to do it on her own...she will probably kill me :)
    Younganne - first 5k race so aiming for 27mins

Aware 5 Miles - 10/12/11

Fat Turkey Run - Howth 28/12/11
    Younganne 56:00:D post turkey maybe not achievable!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

Cutex|2|6m|6m|leg almost recovered, looking forward to lots more running!|

Advertisement