Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to watch HBO or American channels in Ireland?

• 17-08-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I see a number of the programs (especially Entourage) in this board section are currently running in America.

I have Sky + at home.

How can I watch HBO or other US channels in Ireland?
    What kit / subscription etc do I need?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭firstprime

you cant, its not possible. even if you get one of those enormous satelite dishes you still cant because of something to do with it beang so far away or across the atlantic. the only way is to get either somebody you know in the US or a company over there to get a special box and relay and send it to you (through the internet i think), but the cost is ridiculous (as you need to pay for the subscribtion and a large fee to the company). there may be a few websites that stream them too, i know that a program called tvu player can stream some of them, but not in great quality).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I'm sure you will get torrents of advice here about how to do this.

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

you can't. people here download/stream shows off the internet but we can't say where as boards would get in trouble for the sharing of copyrighted material, which is illegal. we aren't allowed say where we get them but we still are able to discuss the tv show itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,756 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry.. this type of information can not be divulged on this forum, or any others on Boards.ie I would imagine.

Closed!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement