Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

kildareash wrote: »
    I sorted through my clothe this week and delegated what fits and what doesnt, no prizes for guessing which pile we bigger! So sad pitting clothes into the wardrobe knowing its going to be months before I look at them again!!!

I did this a couple of weeks ago and same thing, was weird knowing I wouldn't wear them til probably next autumn. I'd say I'll still be in maternity clothes for at least a month after baby's born!

Well I weighed myself this morning and I've put on 3lbs in a week. I really don't think I overate this week but I must have. My bump is bigger this week so I'm hoping it's mainly a crap load of fluid gone into my uterus!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Mink your baby is now gaining weight rapidly & if I remember right your baby was a little smaller in size on your last scan so you might also be having a growing spurt :) this is really not a time to be worrying about an extra pound here or there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Anyone get up to go the next sale today?

I was in the Carlow store this afternoon, but I don't think the sale was much to be honest, as they still had all the new stock out and just one or two sale rails.

I thought I might have got some of the packs of babygro's and vests, but they weren't reduced. Just winter stock so got one of those white bear snow suits for €13 reduced from €27. I picked up 6-9 months, hopefully will fit baby from november/december onwards. Don't mind if I only get a couple of wears out of it coz it was so cheap. I also picked up a pair of the over the bump maternity jeans for €15. Happy with my purchases!

Kildareash, I am so glad I didnt zoom off this morning to the sale from what you have said :) had loads of other stuff to do but was contemplating getting up early to head there!
    What you got sounds good though & I will try to get in over the next few days :)

Also, are over the bump jeans more cosy than under bump ones?

My work trousers elastic panels in the waist and they're starting to annoy me now coz everytime I they go under my bump so I end up having to pull them up and tuck my clothes in everytime I stand up. Hoping the over the bump jeans will be comfier!

• Advertisement

My work trousers elastic panels in the waist and they're starting to annoy me now coz everytime I they go under my bump so I end up having to pull them up and tuck my clothes in everytime I stand up. Hoping the over the bump jeans will be comfier!

I'm starting to find that with my jeans so I might try the over the bump ones :) thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Hi ladies,
    I finally finish reading all posts.

I gained 14 pounds, but I last 14 during first months, so I'm on 0 level now - or I was week ago, need to check soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Kildareash, I went to the next sale too. Picked up two cute little jackets in 6-9 months for next winter, I think they were around 7 euro each. Picked up a couple of little bits like a dress, cardi & a few little tops as well which are really nice. We didn't get there till almost noon and most things were gone by that stage, only a few things left on the sale rail but we were happy with what we picked up. It would make me think about going earlier next time that's for sure & I'm somebody who usually hates shopping ;)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    I'm starting to find that with my jeans so I might try the over the bump ones :) thanks for that!

Over the bump trousers of any description is like wearing jammies all day. All my work trousers are over the bump as are my maternity leggings. My jeans are under bump and not as comfy and keep falling down!! But I love them so I suffer through!

Really enjoyed that nice weather, all the doors and windows open and got three loads of washing done and dried outside! It's sad that when it's sunny all I think about is getting clothes dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

over the bump pants are amazing! i have yoga pants which are just very stretchy which im living in,
    called into next today too, got a pack of baby grows and a mac for baby but that's it. bit crap.
    just back from a confirmation, bit odd having everyone touch your bump!
    Zoey doesn't cooperate when it comes to kicking on other peoples time scales, she.s quite happy waking me at 3am with some kung fu

• Advertisement

Had my first experience of bump touching tonight too. I don't like it.

Anyone bought maternity tights? Was at the afters of a wedding tonight and felt v self conscious in trousers and dressy top. Wld normally wear dress but none of my normal tights r that comfortable anymore and they make a wierd shape around my belly area under any dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Anyone bought maternity tights?

I'm using them for some time.
    I bought from MotherCare, but I wasn't happy with them. They cracked in middle - they should be called labor friendly thighs :P

I get some on ebay and I'm happy with them.
    I bought them from this seller http://myworld.ebay.ie/everydaym/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

just in case someone needs it.

I could not sleep last night. Alice was jumping around my belly like mad men and she wake me up every hour. Anyway, I think I should try to get used to it ;-)

Thanks lady, glad I didn't buy mothercare ones. They didn't have black last time I was in. Will have a look at that eBay link.

So glad, my baby is not waking me at night yet with kicks. Boyfriend finally felt his first kicks this morn, it was funny he Cldnt believe the force of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I've been woken up a few times by the baby kicking, but not too often.

I'm sore today though, I have quite sharp pains in my lower right abdomen.
    They're not constant, but are sore enough to mean that I couldn't sleep past 5 am. I think it is because I was driving for an hour yesterday, then wandering around the shops for another 2. But ouch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I get woken up during the night with kicks too, I had a very busy day yesterday, in and out of the car all day, and then out last night to a pub! Yes, me in a pub. Last time me and hubby were out together was Halloween night! ( apart from Christmas it was his first night out in ages too)

I had my anomaly scan yesterday, wow I loved it!, didn't want it to end. She showed us everything, legs arms heart head. big feet...his/her daddy is size 14, so maybe it's a boy? She showed us some 3d images too and gave us lots of print outs. Baby is pouting in the 3d images. Mommy is a pouter, so maybe it's a girl?

She said all the scans she had that morning the babies were keeping very still, but oh no, not this little one, constantly moving and kicking her scan thing and turning around...then the baby settled, and she wanted baby to turn so she could get a proper look at the spine, but baby got very stubborn and wouldn't move. She was prodding and getting me to lie on my side, but no way. Stubborn, just like mommy and daddy! So who knows!

I feel bruised on the inside with all the kicking.
    What week does 3rd trimester start?

Oh that sounds like a great scan Silly, congratulations!!

Third trimester starts at 7 months - week 28 I believe. That's what my What To Expect book says anyway.

what an amazing day! nesting has extended to the garden, weeded my rockery , planted bulbs and power washed my patio !
    i am woman hear me roar !

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I bought the over the bump bootcut jeans from next a few weeks ago and love them!!! But I also bought the skinny jeans with the elastic waist the whole way round and they are very very comfy.

I swear I've doubled in size the last couple of weeks. I'm about 26 and a half weeks at this stage! Starting to get quite uncomfortable at night and usually end up waking up several times in the night.....getting far too warm aswell. Luckily so does fiancee when I stay with him and we have every window in the bedroom open at night now.

At my Dads house where I work from during the week we are on the coast so it's not so bad also I have the entire bed to myself usually so can move around non stop if I want!

We had my two little nieces staying over so today I let them feel my belly to see if they got a kick :) one did but baby is keeping a low profile today! Feeling my belly is by invitation only :D

silly Congrats on your scan :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Silly I totally missed your post! The anomaly scan is amazing! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Oh and on the people touching your belly thing, I hate it unless I really like the person. I know people are only being nice and supportive but it's very intimidating...

Silly, congrats on the scan!

Luckily I haven't had any belly-feelers (except OH & my sister)... I'm not sure how I'd react if somebody I didn't know too well asked for a feel... :eek:

Did a major spring clean today - have about enough room for a moses basket now!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Anyone bought maternity tights? Was at the afters of a wedding tonight and felt v self conscious in trousers and dressy top. Wld normally wear dress but none of my normal tights r that comfortable anymore and they make a wierd shape around my belly area under any dress.[/QUOTE]

Hi Kildaresh - I bought maternity tights last week from H&M, 2 pairs for 7.50 I think they where - they are great! A total godsend as I hated wearing normal ones as they were falling and rolling down all the time!

Think I might be nesting too.... I have this list of things I want doing around the house, all small bits and pieces that have be put off and put off but I feel that I want them all done before july as feel it will never get done otherwise!

Have bought a few basics for the baby too, vests, babygros, bottle starter pack, microwave steraliser ( friend has one and totally recommends it over big bulky electric job!) and have the buggy/pram travel system put away at the shop. so not doing too bad!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Went shopping for furniture today for babies room: picked wardrobe, chest of drawers, locker and bed: I know the bed won't be needed for ages and ages but its more for us if babs is having bad night etc: plus it means all the furniture in that room will match!

I am completely and utterly stoney broke now: I suppose all the not working was going to catch up on me at some stage :P

Silly your scan sounds fab :)

I had my belly rubbed up and down the other day: was mightily unimpressed! On the other hand my 4 year old cousin spent nearly an hour yesterday with either her ear pressed up against my belly or her hand on my belly "to feel baby" and taking photos of my belly on her mums phone: because she wanted pictures of her new baby cousin... that was just adorable :D

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Luckily I haven't had any belly-feelers (except OH & my sister)... I'm not sure how I'd react if somebody I didn't know too well asked for a feel... :eek:

In my experience people don't ask, they just touch! Personally, I just feel really uncomfortable when they do.

Had such a great day today - stayed in bed this morn, then went for a walk in the woods with boyfriend and dogs before heading to my nieces birthday party. She was 17 today, but she's special needs and loves a good birthday party. 'happy birthday' is sang twice on everyone's birthday in our house - once for the person's whose actual birthday it is and then the candles are relit and everyone sings for my niece!

I feel like i have an internal hot water bottle, i am melting! have a heat rash all over my face and look flushed . I think from about 6 feet away it might be mistaken for a pregnancy glow but up close my face looks like the surface of the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I was like that yesterday Java - I spent the day in a t-shirt and knickers.

Still have really bad cramps today, they are getting worse, so I'm going to head to the doc. Baby is still kicking away, so that's all good.

kepp you fingers crossed for me that everything is A-OK!

Fingers are well & truly crossed Kash! I hope all goes well for you today but baby kicking away has got to be a good sign :)

Kash hope you're ok. Thinking of you!

Just to let you all know the sma site is back up & running for free tickets to the pregnancy and baby fair - got mine this morning.

• Advertisement

kash im sure everything is grand is baby is kicking away. go and get checked for piece of mind.

Advertisement