Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player/BBC iPlayer/4OD et al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Anyone know how ya get this up on the XMB?? Had it working before but my PS3 has just been fixed and with the current update already installed, its still not there:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

How come we only get the ****e RTE i player and the UK get BBC ITV and probably a lot more. Also i've seen an ad for lovefilm.com for the puss3 but it's not downloadable on the irish system, whats the ballamorey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I would imagine it is all down to rights issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

You don't pay for a British television license therefore you don't get it. That's the arguement anyway. There has been talk of making the iPlayer available worldwide on a subscription basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I have a similar issue with my new TV.
    Its got internet TV on it and LoveFilm.
    But i cant subscribe as i need to be in the UK, boooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Actually we can get the channel 4 player and the ITV player cant we ???

You just need to add them as bookmarks on your browser on the PS3.

Other thread here :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056119188

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

<Merged>

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

eddhorse wrote: »

Other thread here :
    I think thats a link to the original thread, but i'll try the bookmark on the ps3 cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

eddhorse wrote: »

Other thread here :

I have 4OD on my UK account, don't know about the ITV player, don't recollect seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

F1ngers wrote: »
    I have 4OD on my UK account, don't know about the ITV player, don't recollect seeing it.
    Exactly right. BBC iplayer and ITV player aren't accessible to us. unless you know a workaround.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭flyer88

How do you create a UK account for the PS3??

flyer88 wrote: »
    How do you create a UK account for the PS3??
    Create a new user on the left of the XMB. then go to sign into the PSN. Create an account with the UK as the account type? Google an english address. Job done.
    Reboot the PS3 and it should show up for you.

Cheeers :D but what is the XMB?

flyer88 wrote: »
    Cheeers :D but what is the XMB?
    Cross media bar.
    i.e. the main menu of the PS3.
    http://www.google.ie/search?q=xmb&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a :pac:

Thanks man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Is this possible, have had a look on the net and it says it is in several places but doesnt go into any detail on how to set it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Just create a new user, then create a new PSN account then select UK instead of Ireland for country. Once thats all done sign into your new account and 4oD should be there were RTE player was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Or you could just go to this website on the PS3 browser its the 4Od playstation page http://ps3.channel4.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Good stuff, thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Ignore me I figured it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Is there any way of getting all available channels shown on the PS3 XMB ?

mixednuts wrote: »
    Is there any way of getting all available channels shown on the PS3 XMB ?

No you have to create different accounts for different countries :(

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

I have a UK PS3 but you can just type in the address for 4OD and UTV player in the broswer.

I got RTE player working by going to http://www.rte.ie/playerxl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Will the TG4 Beo player ever be available like the RTÉ player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I hope it is. TG4 uses a superb quality stream

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

just set up a UK account and BBC, ITV, 4od all appeared after i reset my system, but 4od is the only one that works. The BBC have copped it and realised because an error show's up saying it cannot broadcast outside of the UK, it would seem they know the score. ITV player has an error message appear saying that the programme cannot be found, maybe they've copped on too. 4od works fine with good quality streaming although me personally i dislike it because of the lack of programmes that interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Sucks. I ain't too bothered about 4oD to b honest, don't watch THAT much on Channel4, and I think most of what I watch wouldn't be as high a priority for 4oD as other stuff, so I ain't to bothered bout creating a UK account if 4oD is the only one that works.

I really want BBC and ITV players. I watch a lot of stuff on them, and when I miss stuff - like my darn Sky box switched over and the dvd of an ITV programme I was recording the other nite got an hour of a MTV channel instead! :( - I wanna be able to watch them on the players. I think it would be really good if we can get them.

As to the RTE one, the quality is crap, and they don't show much of anything. The one thing I missed once and went looking for on the player they were not showing, and I really thought they would have. It was an RTE created programme, and very popular etc but nope no dice. So I don't bother with the RTE player.

The BBC player is the same on the Wii. You can't get it at all if you are set to Irish. If you change your settings to UK you can get it, you can see what programmes are offered and all, but when you try to watch one it says not available in your area or some such. So no dice their either

No fair :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Everytime I try to load a video on the 4OD app (UK account) it just goes back to the main screen, anyone else having this issue or know a way around it?

S.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

love 4od on the ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

hope they work on the quality of RTE player

Advertisement