Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Ryuzaki

deathrider wrote: »
    I'm looking for a 4-way gate (I think) for a FS3, but I know somewhere between very littl, and absolutely nothing about such things. Is there any particular type, or website you'd recommend?

Assuming FS3 is a PS3 and not some system I have no knowledge of, I would really recommend this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-3po1.html

That was my very first stick, which is Indeed a 4gate and works on PS3, Xbox and PC. Its pretty damn amazing, the buttons are okay, nothing special but their not awful. Their bearable and work well for what they are, and indeed do the job.

I had that then upgraded to a Madcatz TE Round 2 stick and thats the best I've seen and used. So if you can fork out around 120 or so yoyos definatly get one of those, otherwise get the Paewang.

Hope that helps and you did mean PS3, otherwise Oh well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Paewang is available for cheaper as the Datel Arcade Pro on Amazon.

And it is not 4-way, it is 8-way SQUARE.
    Personally, I like the button layout, but the quality of parts is sub-par & should be replaced ASAP.

deathrider, is it possible you wanted an OCTO gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Do you mean a square gate? I'm pretty certain that's what the FS3 has by default anyway (as do almost all sticks).

A 4-way gate is what it sounds like, you can only hit 4 directions on it, no diagonals (for Pacman etc.).

Square gate is probably what I'm thinking of, yeah. As far as I know (which I'll be honest, ain't too far) that's what would be in the EX2, but when I use the FS3, it feels compltely different, and throws me way off. I'm pretty much looking to make it feel the same as the EX2.
    Ryuzaki wrote: »
    Assuming FS3 is a PS3 and not some system I have no knowledge of, I would really recommend this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-3po1.html

That was my very first stick, which is Indeed a 4gate and works on PS3, Xbox and PC. Its pretty damn amazing, the buttons are okay, nothing special but their not awful. Their bearable and work well for what they are, and indeed do the job.

I had that then upgraded to a Madcatz TE Round 2 stick and thats the best I've seen and used. So if you can fork out around 120 or so yoyos definatly get one of those, otherwise get the Paewang.

Hope that helps and you did mean PS3, otherwise Oh well :P

FS3 is the name of the stick I'm using (which is indeed for the PS3), not the console I'm using. Cheers for the info, but I'm not looking for a whole new stick. Just to change mine up a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Ryuzaki

deathrider wrote: »
    Square gate is probably what I'm thinking of, yeah. As far as I know (which I'll be honest, ain't too far) that's what would be in the EX2, but when I use the FS3, it feels compltely different, and throws me way off. I'm pretty much looking to make it feel the same as the EX2.

FS3 is the name of the stick I'm using (which is indeed for the PS3), not the console I'm using. Cheers for the info, but I'm not looking for a whole new stick. Just to change mine up a little.

Ah, Sincere apologies. I misread horribly. I usually don't do this stuff but I saw the post and thought I'd attempt to share my knowledge even though im still a n00b lawl ^^

Hori EX2 & FS3 use the exact same joystick.

They'll feel different depending on the manufacturing batch & how long it's been used, as this will affect the spring inside.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Hori EX2 & FS3 use the exact same joystick.

They'll feel different depending on the manufacturing batch & how long it's been used, as this will affect the spring inside.

Hmmm, disaaaaaaaaaster. The FS3 (which I use for the MK tournaments, is really giving me a pain in the butt. Not to worry, lads. Cheers for the info.

With minimal soldering skills, you can also replace the microswitches.

MS-O-3R from AkihabaraShop.jp will work, as would the 75g Cherry button.

Dead on. Cheers, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

game are selling the soul caliber 5 tournament edition fightstick for 125 euro down from 190....

get them while you can....

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

I'm Dara, due to being born into the Curragh via the Coombe. Feck all this 'kill Dara' smut. I've never hurt a fly, well... not one from the greater Dublin region.

• Advertisement

Darachnid wrote: »
    I'm Dara, due to being born into the Curragh via the Coombe. Feck all this 'kill Dara' smut. I've never hurt a fly, well... not one from the greater Dublin region.

Stay off the acid son

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Dunno if we want to bump this as a general bargain alert topic but:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/27/ssf2t-hd-remix-and-puzzle-fighter-hd-remix-part-capcom-digital-collection-released-today-xbox-360/

1942: Joint Strike, Bionic Commando® Rearmed 2, Final Fight™ Double Impact, Flock!, Rocketmen™: Axis of Evil including Rocketmen™: It Came From Uranus expansion, Super Puzzle Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, and Wolf of the Battlefield™: Commando 3.

TL;DR: HDR as a disc release, plus other stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

Bump away, why not perpetuate my acidic ramblings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Darachnid wrote: »
    Bump away, why not perpetuate my acidic ramblings?

You make a compelling point.

We should let this topic die or request it be closed.

ok anyone know cheapest place to pick up super street fighter 4 arcade edition?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If you mean in a shop, never going to happen- Ae was an extremely limited run just for moany people like me.

You can get it for 13 pounds off amazon though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Edition/dp/B0052HZJ7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333022039&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

HMV sometimes have PS3 copies for about €20.

anyone have a hori real arcade pro se?? looking at that or TE which would you guys advise??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I have an HRAP SE and unless things have changed dramatically since I got mine about 2 years ago you won't get one without bringing it from America.

I think mine was about as expensive as a TE at the time, then customs bit me on the ass for another £20 or so and made me travel 30 miles to pick it up(that's up north though).

As for it versus a TE it's all preference as always, I prefer Seimitsu parts and I hate the Viewlix layout so I went for the HRAP. Being used to a TE is handy though as you'll often end up using them at gatherings.

Might be worth checking out the Quanba sticks as another alternative, tempted to get one lately. They're basically dual-modded out of the box which is damn handy.

As Scavenger says:

HRAP SE (Special Edition) uses Seimitsu LS-32 stick & Seimitsu PS-14 buttons.
    Madcatz TE uses Sanwa JLF stick & Sanwa OBSF buttons.

The HRAP is bulkier but the same weight as a TE.
    Different layout (though tbh you can get used to any layout quickly).
    The main difference is with the joystick; LS-32 is a bit quirky and (some say) more suited to shmups & old-school 2D fighters.

Other options in that price range are the Qanba Q4 RAF (dual-modded, heavy) and HRAP V3/VX line (light, single-console) which both use Sanwa bits.

• Advertisement

As Scavenger says:

HRAP SE (Special Edition) uses Seimitsu LS-32 stick & Seimitsu PS-14 buttons.
    Madcatz TE uses Sanwa JLF stick & Sanwa OBSF buttons.

The HRAP is bulkier but the same weight as a TE.
    Different layout (though tbh you can get used to any layout quickly).
    The main difference is with the joystick; LS-32 is a bit quirky and (some say) more suited to shmups & old-school 2D fighters.

Other options in that price range are the Qanba Q4 RAF (dual-modded, heavy) and HRAP V3/VX line (light, single-console) which both use Sanwa bits.

Is the quanba expensive?? What's your preference stick Kiki?? Any sites selling those sticks??

I'm the worst person to ask -- I actually prefer the Madcatz SE due to its smaller size! :pac:

Easiest place to order a Qanba from is http://gremlinsolutions.co.uk/, and considering it's an arcade-spec, heavy stick with dual-console capability out-the-box I'd say it's actually a bargain (the next nearest competitor is the eTokki.com Omni stick, or a full-on custom which will set you back 200+).
    Make sure you don't accidentally order the PC-only model btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I'll second the Gremlin Solutions recommendation - it's where I got my Qanba.

100 sterling? I want one now :D

100 sterling? I want one now :D
    is the qanba really that good?? can get a street fighter 4 round 2 for 99 sterling from zavvi would the qanba be better value??

It's the same parts, but the Qanba works on both Xbox 360 & PS3.

Also the Qanba feels nicer TBH.

It's the same parts, but the Qanba works on both Xbox 360 & PS3.

Also the Qanba feels nicer TBH.

Just not as pretty as the TE though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Again that's very subjective. I prefer the look of most of the qanbas I've seen to most of the TEs.

Orim wrote: »
    Again that's very subjective. I prefer the look of most of the qanbas I've seen to most of the TEs.
    i have the soul caliber 5 soul edition stick button layout i find is meh might look at qanba now

• Advertisement

is the qanba really that good?? can get a street fighter 4 round 2 for 99 sterling from zavvi would the qanba be better value??

I'd get the Qanba purely for the dual modded aspect.

I don't think there's anything actually wrong with a TE though, it's a fine stick in all it's varieties.

Advertisement