Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your unpopular music opinions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

On that note....

http://http://www.redbubble.com/people/thundermonkey/works/8286453-who-the-hell-are-the-ramones?p=t-shirt

I don't judge though. Who hasn't heard a Ramones song by now? If you had the shirt would you not at least seek the music out?
    They're selling Ramones t-shirts in Penneys now sure. They were never a band I was interested in musically as they only really have two songs, the 60's pop-inspired Joey number and the fast and furious Johnny rant, but to see people wearing their shirts soley as a fashion statement is tragic. The same with Rolling Stones t-shirts, I see tons of girls wearing t-shirts with their tongue logo and I strongly doubt that all of them are Rolling Stones fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Zero1986 wrote: »
    They're selling Ramones t-shirts in Penneys now sure. They were never a band I was interested in musically as they only really have two songs, the 60's pop-inspired Joey number and the fast and furious Johnny rant, but to see people wearing their shirts soley as a fashion statement is tragic. The same with Rolling Stones t-shirts, I see tons of girls wearing t-shirts with their tongue logo and I strongly doubt that all of them are Rolling Stones fans.

I like the Ramones but I agree with you on the T-shirt point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Ask them what their favourite album is :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

rcaz wrote: »
    Ask them what their favourite album is :pac:

I'd have to say The Best Of The Rolling Stones.

/partridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Worst I ever heard was back in Leaving Cert year, in 2004/2005, when Green Day's American Idiot album came out. Some of my mates were saying that they loved Green Day and were huge fans for ages. One day they were hanging at my house and saw my copy of Kerplunk. They were really thrown by it. Turns out they thought that Green Day only had two albums - International Superhits! and American Idiot!!!! They didn't realise that International Superhits was a "Best of" album! Total Facepalm moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Any Rolling Stones greatest hits album is mediocre.

Give me Sticky Fingers any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I think 4'33" by John Cage is too noisy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

not exactly an opinion but I love the anger/confusion rock fans get when I tell them the guy that wrote loads of alice cooper,aerosmith and bon jovi songs also wrote music for ricky martin, mika, kelly clarkson and lindsay lohan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Child

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Blows my ears every time :)

• Advertisement

Justin Bieber is a poor imitation of Michael Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Thom Yorke is a far better vocalist than Robert Plant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Suas11 wrote: »
    Thom Yorke is a far better vocalist than Robert Plant.
    Ah but a singers job is not just to sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

cloptrop wrote: »

Thom Yorke is really really good at all the other stuff too though :pac:

I get why people might prefer Plant. But Yorke's the best for me.

You're right. Thom Yorke is a far better songwriter and dancer than Robert Plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

How could this be considered unpopular?

Hardly many fourteen year old girls on here, yeah?

Also, MJ had more talent on the tip of his pixie nose than JB has overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Rock 'n' Roll is about going on stage, doing your gig, playing your music... Not getting thrown off the ferry like some fúcking Scouse shlepper!
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Finneen

blow69 wrote: »
    Also, MJ had more talent on the tip of his pixie nose than JB has overall.
    But the real JB was James Brown and he was a better overall performer than Jackson.

Anthony Keidis is probably the worst lyricist out there at the moment

I don't see why the RHCP are always written off as bad lyricists.

They do have a lot of bad lyrics, but so do many, many good songwriters.

If anyone would take the time to listen beyond the Chili's singles they would know that the group have shown potential for songwriting.

It doesn't mean they are the best but there are still some memorable numbers out there, like so.

We all cross when when were feeling lost it's just the time.
    Kateri cried the day her lover died, she recognized,
    Because you gave her a life of real love it's no surprise.
    The nights are long but the years are short when you're alive,
    Way back when will never be again it was a time.
    It's gonna catch you so glad I met you to walk the line.

Like I said you know I'm almost dead, you know I'm almost gone
    And when the drummer drums he's gonna play my song to carry me along
    Like I said you know I'm almost dead, you know I'm almost gone
    And when the boatman comes to ferry me away to where we all belong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Dale Crover is the greatest drummer of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Had to google him, truth be told!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Yeah, he's awesome, up there with Mac McNeilly.

I always think of the annoying robot Claptrap from Borderlands when I read your posts. It's purely the similarities in the naming.

You're right. Thom Yorke is a far better songwriter and dancer than Robert Plant.

I know Yorke has moves but this is the only time I've seen Robert Plant close to dancing, he does a silly little clap along before The Fall arrive on the scene.

It's not great, he ends it by showing us his palm.

smokedeels wrote: »
    I know Yorke has moves
    Hell yeah

lotus-flower-o.gif

Hell yeah

lotus-flower-o.gif

He incorporates his pockets into the dance, visionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Dave Grohl - seems like a good bloke who appreciates what he was part of without taking it too seriously, but the Foo Fighters, to me, are just what Nirvana might have become but a bit sh*tter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

but the Foo Fighters, to me, are just what Nirvana might have become but a bit sh*tter.

Oh dear , id say you probably think nas is much better.

Dave Grohl - seems like a good bloke who appreciates what he was part of without taking it too seriously, but the Foo Fighters, to me, are just what Nirvana might have become but a bit sh*tter.
    He is a cool guy and a tight drummer, but I just wish he'd record another Probot album instead of churning out dull, middle of the road FM rock albums with Foo Fighters. He has plenty of talent and has roots in the Washington DC hardcore punk scene of the 80's, I just wish he'd use his talent a lot more and do something interesting and challenging instead of focusing on a healthy bank balance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

He is a cool guy and a tight drummer, but I just wish he'd record another Probot album instead of churning out dull, middle of the road FM rock albums with Foo Fighters. He has plenty of talent and has roots in the Washington DC hardcore punk scene of the 80's, I just wish he'd use his talent a lot more and do something interesting and challenging instead of focusing on a healthy bank balance.

Yeah, I think he definitely has talent, but he doesn't use it very well.

Advertisement