Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Xposure on TV3

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ppdub73

Leave Ruth alone! She is a stunner! People seem to think being young and excitable is a crime. As for her voice, I could listen to it all day. I am sure the guy that won is very good but he won't last coz they want a girl. That's gender balance for you! Oh, Emma Ledden is knocking on the 40 door I think! But I still would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

she is 32 as i am 31 and she was a year ahead of me in school..she is from blanch too

Oops, sorry Emma! All that consultancy is must be taking it's toll! I think she looked better when her hair was shorter. I don't think long hair is doing her any favours now. In saying that, I still would!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

ppdub73 wrote: »
    Leave Ruth alone! She is a stunner! People seem to think being young and excitable is a crime. As for her voice, I could listen to it all day. I am sure the guy that won is very good but he won't last coz they want a girl.
    Is that you Ruth ?
    Kaldorn wrote: »
    she is 32 as i am 31 and she was a year ahead of me in school..she is from blanch too
    No way. cant be ! I watched the DEN (like all kids of the 90's) and she was miles older than me, doesnt make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sizzler wrote: »
    Is that you Ruth ?

No way. cant be ! I watched the DEN (like all kids of the 90's) and she was miles older than me, doesnt make sense!

She was only about 18 at the time. She only did it for about 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Ciara2008

Sizzler wrote: »
    Is that you Ruth ?

Ya beat me to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

ppdub73 wrote: »
    Leave Ruth alone! She is a stunner! People seem to think being young and excitable is a crime. As for her voice, I could listen to it all day. .....

You must really enjoy migraines

Yeah, but look at what you get in return. A case of sweet n' sour!

Yeah, but look at what you get in return! Phwoar!! It'd be a case of sweet n' sour!

They really messed up this show, only caught it on Sunday. The "red" room, was it outdoors?

It would have been an opertunity to host the show from a venue, with the 3 other expose girls asking the audience questions etc. With in the audience having the other contestants, friends of the finalist and the judges. With the 3 finalist sitting up on the stage.

Instead the used the greenscreen of the xpose set for the results part and a tent for the interviews with some of the contestants friends.

This ends up being the main problem with most Irish reality shows the lack of entertainment and a big fanfare that the TV companies have to produce rather then relying on friends in the publishing industry.

Karen Koster is a very good presenter, it is a pity she is under ultalised on this show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

^^ The problem is Elmo, that the producers of Irish reality shows have no cop on whatsoever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

tinkerbell wrote: »
    ^^ The problem is Elmo, that the producers of Irish reality shows have no cop on whatsoever!
    The problem also is that that idea would've cost money.
    It was LCD, neanderthal, knuckle-dragging telly aimed just above the lowest of the low (that audience are watching Survivor: Gabon on Tg-4 or BB Ad-Infinitum) audience. At least it hit its' target market.
    It was the Euro-2 SHop of telly production.
    The judges were ondly on expenses.
    The green room was outside using Ireland-AMs' outdoor set in Ballymount.
    The drivers of the jeeps that transported the contestants to & from their' challenges were asked to do it for free bar petrol expenses & possibly lunch.

The problem also is that that idea would've cost money.
    It was LCD, neanderthal, knuckle-dragging telly aimed just above the lowest of the low (that audience are watching Survivor: Gabon on Tg-4 or BB Ad-Infinitum) audience. At least it hit its' target market.
    It was the Euro-2 SHop of telly production.
    The judges were ondly on expenses.
    The green room was outside using Ireland-AMs' outdoor set in Ballymount.
    The drivers of the jeeps that transported the contestants to & from their' challenges were asked to do it for free bar petrol expenses & possibly lunch.

Hey I don't watch it much but I like Survivor :( and even the viewers of both BB and Survivor know the difference between quality productions and what TV3 threw up, have you ever watched the BB eviction night? Now I am not suggesting that TV3 be that extravigant but have you ever seen The Apprentice: You're Fired now thats a cheap studio audience show that TV3 could have pulled together.

Are they serious? We won't pay anyone else but ourselves you would think that TV3 couldn't afford anything.

The judges had to have been paid there is no way that the Lamourgine man wouldn't get paid, unless he is completely stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Elmo, bear in mind that Tv3 is a commercially funded station & that a drop in advertising revenue has led to redundancies earlier this Summer (maybe in two stages & about 20?).
    Everything is done to a strict budget including the "let's go outside to speak to some of the contestants' friends & family in the green room aka, what Ireland-AM uses & which we've just used a throw-over to cover-up although not very well!" bit.
    The drivers of the jeeps doing it for expenses was in Sunday Tribune.
    The judges admitted somewhere (possibly Tribune) that they were doing it for expenses too.
    In fairness they got their' products mentioned. For instance Gerry Lundberg P.R. was made aware of to the viewers. So was Ema Leddens' Consultancy Firm & Michael Dohertys' VIP magazine & Anniversary Party got serious promotion as did You Magazine which sponsored the online coverage on Tv3.ie.

Elmo, bear in mind that Tv3 is a commercially funded station & that a drop in advertising revenue has led to redundancies earlier this Summer (maybe in two stages & about 20?).
    Everything is done to a strict budget including the "let's go outside to speak to some of the contestants' friends & family in the green room aka, what Ireland-AM uses & which we've just used a throw-over to cover-up although not very well!" bit.

DO'Carlo/Wex bear in mind that TV3 earned around 62 million last year alone, in commercial revenue. I will bare in mind that they will see short falls this year but they do have a budget which in my opinion was well below what was required for this show, they could have easily but a bit more money into this in-house production. While the show was not a rating success this was due mainly to the very bad production values rather then the idea, some of the tasks were like they thought of them the week before hand rather then the three months they had to develop the idea of the show.

They would have been better to rent out a venue (where was that warehouse they where using?) for the results show. It's about show biz as Mr. Lambourgine man suggested time and time again.
    The drivers of the jeeps doing it for expenses was in Sunday Tribune.
    The judges admitted somewhere (possibly Tribune) that they were doing it for expenses too.
    In fairness they got their' products mentioned. For instance Gerry Lundberg P.R. was made aware of to the viewers. So was Ema Leddens' Consultancy Firm & Michael Dohertys' VIP magazine & Anniversary Party got serious promotion as did You Magazine which sponsored the online coverage on Tv3.ie.

Product placement is actually against the law and will not be allow until September sometime. Gerry Lundberg did the worst of out this show to be honest. Did Jeep sponsor the show? could they have not paid for drivers? If your going to make money to have to invest some.

You magazine was the main sponsor of the show, just in the same way as the National Lottery sponsor Coronation Street.

Also if several of the components (including the contestants) were made freely available to TV3 then they should have been able to produce a better show, I am sure that the TV3 staff didn't earn anything extra for this show, more than likely it was produced by the same people that produce Xpose. The show sounds like it was made for approx 10euro extra than if they had not chosen to produce it.

When's Sean supposed to be starting on Xpose? I thought he was starting at the start of September?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

He is starting next Monday, with the daily dish.

So what does everyone think of Sean now that he's had one week on the show?

Advertisement