Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland Soccer Jersey

• 29-02-2012 11:54am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know where I could pick up an Ireland home jersey fairly cheap online or around Dublin?

To be honest, I’d rather the older one than the newer one.

2011414232833.jpg

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ireland play Football NOT Soccer (FAI - Football Association of Ireland), they call it Soccer in America !;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Sorry Ireland Football Jersey :)

Any ideas?

Can't help you around Dublin but maybe here -

7.99stg for delivery but it's once off - so you can buy 10 jerseys and it's still only 7.99stg.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/football-shirts/international-football-shirts/republic-of-ireland-football-shirts

If you look over in bargain alerts you should find a 10% off voucher floating around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Oh - I like that the eircom logo is white.

Anyone got some green washproof markers?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ireland play Football NOT Soccer (FAI - Football Association of Ireland), they call it Soccer in America !;)

Football !! i call it soccer And always have , to me football is what the GAA HEADS PLay :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

And England, ever watch Soccer Saturday?

And England, ever watch Soccer Saturday?

No, what channel is that on, and does it cover the English FA? Or just the MLS in the U.S.A.?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

No, what channel is that on, and does it cover the English FA? Or just the MLS in the U.S.A.?

Sky Sports. And it is only European Football unless there is some big news about LA Galaxy.
    :rolleyes:

What does the "F" stand for in all of these -

FAI
    UEFA
    FIFA
    FA Cup
    FA Premier League
    CONCACAF
    CONMEBOL
    CAF
    AFC
    OFC

Not a mention of "soccer" in the official titles anywhererolleyes.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

FAI
    UEFA
    FIFA
    FA Cup
    FA Premier League
    CONCACAF
    CONMEBOL
    CAF
    AFC
    OFC

get a life ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

FAI
    UEFA
    FIFA
    FA Cup
    FA Premier League
    CONCACAF
    CONMEBOL
    CAF
    AFC
    OFC

From the Collins English Dictionary.
    Football:
    any of various games played with a round or oval ball and usually based on two teams competing to kick, head, carry, or otherwise propel the ball into each other's goal, territory, etc See association football , rugby , Australian Rules , American football , Gaelic football
    Soccer:
    a game in which two teams of eleven players try to kick or head a ball into their opponent's goal, only the goalkeeper on either side being allowed to touch the ball with his hands and arms except in the case of throw-ins

Link
    And this from the Oxford English Dictionary. Which is considered to be the most accurate and distinguished English Dictionaries.
    Football:

[mass noun] any of various forms of team game involving kicking (and in some cases also handling) a ball, in particular (in the UK) soccer or (in the US) American football:
    [as modifier]:
    a football club
    a football match

Link

Also to add, In Ireland the term football is associated with GAA. Therefore using the term Soccer is perfectly acceptable in Ireland.

Hogzy wrote: »
    From the Collins English Dictionary.

Link
    And this from the Oxford English Dictionary. Which is considered to be the most accurate and distinguished English Dictionaries.

Link

Also to add, In Ireland the term football is associated with GAA. Therefore using the term Soccer is perfectly acceptable in Ireland.

Tell these -

FAI
    UEFA
    FIFA
    FA Cup
    FA Premier League
    CONCACAF
    CONMEBOL
    CAF
    AFC
    OFC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This isnt the soccer forum, post if you have something to say about a bargain for the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

there was a topic about buying cheap jerseys online - that might help you if you can find it. I cant :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ayenotabadday

Hi, just wondering does anyone know where I could get my hands on any Irish Jerseys aside from the new ones? The FAI shop on Westmoreland St is out of stock on the cancer research jersey and the Euro 88 jerseys.. Pls help! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TheBa

In the mid 19th century several versions of ‘football’ appeared at several different universities throughout England.

Although the rules varied wildy, some allowing hands, some allowing tackling, etc.,they all shared a common name ‘football.’ With the onset of the first official soccer/football national tournament the FA Cup, those that played a version of football different than that sanctioned by the FA they were forced to name it something other than the game they played, also, football. So Association Football was birthed eventually evolving into the term soccer.

Also, I watch Soccer AM and Gillette Soccer Saturday most Saturdays. I could've sworn both shows follow the same sport played by this Ireland team.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TheBa

woops, sorry mod.

Anyway, keep your eyes peeled in Elverys throughout the country. They're usually good for having cheap Ireland jerseys and training gear. I got a tracksuit bottom for €9 a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭overshoot

Hi, just wondering does anyone know where I could get my hands on any Irish Jerseys aside from the new ones? The FAI shop on Westmoreland St is out of stock on the cancer research jersey and the Euro 88 jerseys.. Pls help! Thanks
    OP and ayenotabadday this might be worth a look. lots of association football jerseys there from various years (although the euro 88 ones are a bit pricey!) (always like the 94/95 one myself and the early 00s are 30stg too)
    some really older ones here
    cant say iv used either tho

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

there was a topic about buying cheap jerseys online - that might help you if you can find it. I cant :(

Many use this site: http://www.soccertriads.com/index.php

WORD OF WARNING: GET THE JERSEY SHIPPED TO A UK/NI ADDRESS THEN SENT ON TO IRELAND.

Customs here will confiscate the jersey is sent direct to Ireland so talk nicely to any friends or relatives you have in the UK and have it sent to them then forwarded onto Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ayenotabadday

Thanks folks I'll have a look at those. Was in the umbro store and carrolls yesterday but all they have left is xl and its like a night dress! Told they wont be restocking either - strange due to demand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

zerks wrote: »
    Many use this site: http://www.soccertriads.com/index.php

WORD OF WARNING: GET THE JERSEY SHIPPED TO A UK/NI ADDRESS THEN SENT ON TO IRELAND.

Customs here will confiscate the jersey is sent direct to Ireland so talk nicely to any friends or relatives you have in the UK and have it sent to them then forwarded onto Ireland.

Have you used this site before.
    Where is the jersey being sent from?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mouldymould

This one is on ebay, no sponsor on the shirt.

100_2129.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190676730752

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

do you think this one on ebay is a fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mouldymould

Tidyweb wrote: »

They were selling them in Sports Direct recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nujeebaby

Tidyweb wrote: »

Thats one of the official training jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

This is a bit off topic but does anyone know where i can buy tri-colour bunting in south Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This is a bit off topic but does anyone know where i can buy tri-colour bunting in south Dublin?

Any €2 shop will have loads.I think Lidl have it aswell.

On topic SportsDirect have the Ireland jersey for €45. Order in sterling and it works out cheaper even if you factor in the exchange rate plus you can get 10% off (check the sportsdirect thread in BA)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Harvey Norman are currently giving away free the new jersey with any new tv purchase and are also selling them for €39

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Harvey Norman are currently giving away free the new jersey with any new tv purchase and are also selling them for €39

Hi IrishHomer,

Which Harvey Normans did you see this in? I rang Cork and they're selling the jerseys for €68.

• Advertisement

Mr Price (if one near you) had 10 metres plastic one for 1.99 the other day

Advertisement