Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massage Stick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

As an aside, why not buy a good foam roller for a similar price?

This one is good and works wonders:

orange_gridfinal_363_detail.jpg

You'll find it cheaper than the one I linked, just put it in as an example.

Either way I'm sure you'll get results :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I'm about to buy a massage stick but unsure of which to buy.

Has anybody any recommendations. I'm currently looking at these two:

http://www.irishfit.eu/shop/physio-injury/massage-therapy/pro-tec-roller-massager-stick-with-trigger-point-release

http://www.mcsport.ie/go-fit-massage-stick/gfmstikpd.html

I'm swaying towards the one from irishfit but has anyone else got any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks
    Keith

http://www.physioneeds.biz/ProductDetail.aspx?ref=STI19

The one in the first link is pants, I've used one. The one in the second link looks pretty bad too. Spend the extra 20 bucks and get the "real" stick.
    Dermighty wrote: »

Horses for courses.

He hasn't said what he wants it for, but if it's for his calves then the stick's a far better option. He may already have a roller (and I would say for most other things the grid is a better option than the stick).

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeithReilly

Hanley wrote: »
    I'm about to buy a massage stick but unsure of which to buy.

Has anybody any recommendations. I'm currently looking at these two:

http://www.irishfit.eu/shop/physio-injury/massage-therapy/pro-tec-roller-massager-stick-with-trigger-point-release

http://www.mcsport.ie/go-fit-massage-stick/gfmstikpd.html

I'm swaying towards the one from irishfit but has anyone else got any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks
    Keith

http://www.physioneeds.biz/ProductDetail.aspx?ref=STI19

The one in the first link is pants, I've used one. The one in the second link looks pretty bad too. Spend the extra 20 bucks and get the "real" stick.

Horses for courses.

He hasn't said what he wants it for, but if it's for his calves then the stick's a far better option. He may already have a roller (and I would say for most other things the grid is a better option than the stick).

I actually have the grid roller but don't find it very effective for rolling out knots in lower back I think the stick might be a better option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I actually have the grid roller but don't find it very effective for rolling out knots in lower back I think the stick might be a better option.

Umm or not rolling your lower back at all would be better.

If you have a knot in your lower back is it not a good idea to massage it out ?
    This is something physios have been doing successfully for me when needed, I'm looking for an alternative that will work out cheaper long term.

• Advertisement

If you have a knot in your lower back is it not a good idea to massage it out ?
    This is something physios have been doing successfully for me when needed, I'm looking for an alternative that will work out cheaper long term.

I roll the sides of my lower back so to speak, opposite to my obliques, so it's not actually my lumbar spine, that's never a good idea!

I roll the sides of my lower back so to speak, opposite to my obliques, so it's not actually my lumbar spine, that's never a good idea!

I didn't say lumbar spine.

I never said you did, i was just clarifying what I said, not correcting what you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What area where you refering to by lower back if not lumbar region?

Mellor wrote: »
    What area where you refering to by lower back if not lumbar region?

I didn't mention lumbar region either, I said lower back.

But obviously lower back would be lumbar region which is not necessarily lumbar spine. I would have taken for granted that by saying knots in the lower back that this would have signified lower back muscle.

• Advertisement

I didn't mention lumbar region either, I said lower back.

But obviously lower back would be lumbar region which is not necessarily lumbar spine. I would have taken for granted that by saying knots in the lower back that this would have signified lower back muscle.

Sorry, I meant lumbar region, not spine.

Though if you foam roll your lumbar region when you're parallel to the floor then you're most likely rolling on your spine too, hence why I do the sides instead of the middle of my lower back.

I bought the original stick as recommended, it does the job perfectly. Money well spent, glad I went with the original version.

Advertisement