Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

After going through the Tekken characters, I headed to SF and started with Poison.

Tekken characters are a lot harder to learn lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Green Brigade

Are the Street Fighter Characters moves hard to pull off? Found on the last Street Fighter they were. Ill get the game if they were easier to pull off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Geckolimus

Is this game more like SF4 or more like uMVC3? If its more like SF4 I would consider picking it up

Regards
    Gecko

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's definitely more like SF4.

A lot of the fundamentals are SF4 based, the chains are the most marvely thing in it. The team dynamic is based on Tekken Tag, not Marvel.

I would not consider the execution in this game any harder or easier than SF4, but the game has several gimmicks in it to make playing the game easier for beginners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I love this game. The Tekken characters are integrated seamlessly. It's so much fun to try out those from the Tekken side. I'm finding Marshall Law and Ryu a good combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Game is very fun, messed with a Jin for a few hours, insane damage! Working on a second, probably King

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Just had a very heated argument with Game manager.

Only found out when I went in to collect my special edition that they are not stocking it (seems Mass Effect out shadowed this) and I get 5 euro store credit.

They have my e-mail and phone number and never contacted me to let me know. They phoned my friend to tell him ME:3 was not being sold anymore.

20 mins arguing about my rights and I got my 5 euro back in cash (Moral Victory). Now I got to find a special edition of this that is not pre-ordered or sold out. Any tips lads???

*edit*

All I want is the comic (massive nerd here) and if anyone is even selling that I will take it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Well, after a marathon ( for me anyway ) 10+ hours playing the game yesterday, I can say the game seems to be a lot of fun. It's also nice that Juri is - gasp - actually decent in this game ( what date is the world supposed to end again? :P )

The game mechanics taking a bit of getting used to as trying to play this like SF4 = getting blown up, the ranking system also doesn't appear as broken as SF4 on first impressions and it doesn't seem as annoying to me to lose an online game.

I've messed around with some of the Tekken cast ( mostly by doing some of their trails ) , so far I've taken a liking to Lili, she seems fairly decent and a good partner for Juri, I'll be using them tomorrow at the launch event anyway at least ( I still want to explore the rest of the cast, though. )

Apart from that from what I've seen playing others is that Rolento, Raven, King, Marduk ( seriously, King & Marduk can stop airs to airs dead, forcing me to do empty jumps ) , Zangief and Hugo seem really strong in this game. Again, first impressions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 vitalscience

Well, looking cool, I am so excited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Does anyone know how I can change the language settings for the characters?

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I can change the language settings for the characters?

It's in options, and then I think voice.

Guile's did my nut and I wanted to hear what some characters had to say.

Why Guile defaults to Japanese anyway I will never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

did anyone else notice that JP Cammy says "Sh*t!" when she whiffs a throw?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

I had a deposit on this from my local gamestop, it was gonna cost me €60 as opposed to getting it for much cheaper on Amazon but having to wait a few days. Originally I wanted it day one, but after all the bull**** with the DLC, I canceled it and ordered it from Amazon with free super saver Delivery. Wont have it till Tuesday now but f*** it, I put that extra money to better use

ME3_CE.jpg

Cant believe a new Street Fighter game is out and its an after thought, cause until Ive beaten this, I couldn't care less.

It's in options, and then I think voice.

Guile's did my nut and I wanted to hear what some characters had to say.

Why Guile defaults to Japanese anyway I will never know.

Thanks. Yeah some of the settings are weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Easy Lopolation.

Anybody notice the online lag or is it just me?

Easy Lopolation.

Sonic boo, sumersau, easy oplation. Come o-oon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Think I'm going about this game wrong. I've pretty much just been in trial mode, and as a consequence have no clue about practical combos for any of these characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Working on Poison, she's defo in my team, but she does feck all damage unless you launcher bar cancel. I'll post a few combos later on for anybody interested, but solo, I can manage about 350 damage with 2 bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Just bought it..seems a good laugh.Wonder if it has depth though.
    Think I'm going about this game wrong. I've pretty much just been in trial mode, and as a consequence have no clue about practical combos for any of these characters.

I've been just diving into online fights.I hate training.
    Just bang on your favourite music through xbox when playing online and feck all the laggy sound.
    Online fighters seem to be getting worse and worse with regards to netcode.
    Copy and paste SFIV's code ...simple :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

did anyone else notice that JP Cammy says "Sh*t!" when she whiffs a throw?

Wouldn't be surprised, the Japanese consider "****" as mild as something like "darn" or "heck", Sonic said it in a kids anime once as well. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Online fighters seem to be getting worse and worse with regards to netcode.
    Copy and paste SFIV's code ...simple :)

I haven't played SFXT online yet, but nothing could match Tekken 6's poor performance especially when it was launched*, surely?

Granted, apples and oranges comparison.

*pardon the pun

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Nowhere in Belfast stocking it except HMV and they were out of stock for 360 as it appears they had a grand total of 3-4 copies for each system.

What a bustling center of commerce. :pac:
    Xtravision sells it.

With Capcom and Game not getting along and Gamestop pulling out of Ireland, picking up games without the internet in NI is gonna be tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

The game is really fun, I used Kazuya and Ryu to get used to the system first, now I'm deviating from Ryu. My team is Kazuya/Jin at the moment but I been messing with Rolento too, so looking like Jin/Kazuya/Rolento as of now, maybe add in a 4th for a two possible team thingy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

After Game cancelling my pre-order, I decided I wasn't going to get it. Then the gf dropped a copy of the game on my lap on launch morning. :p

So anyways, I had no idea who is good, who is bad, what are the optimal combos, nothing.

I just messed with a few characters, picked Ken and Julia and went into training for hours to see what was possible. Really like Julia.

Easily the most fun I have had with a fighting game since SFIV was released. The Tekken characters are, for the most part, very well realised.

Myself and the gf playing the computer in Arcade was the highlight. She plays Chun-Li :D

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Using Bison/Kaz

Kaz seems quite difficult to use. Think I need to stick to more basic training than trying to learn EWGF and wave dashing first. His damage output seems good, even with the more basic stuff. Starting to grasp where his high/lows are in his chains but the problem is getting close to start them. Mist Step I can do in training quite easy, but I can't react with it in a timely fashion when I need it mid game. Kaz also seems to lack anti air normals.

I'm loving Jin. Way, way more complicated than characters I usually use but I think that's part of the attraction. He also, ironically considering he's Tekken, has one of the lamest and most annoying fireball games in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Having totally ignored SF4, looks like I'm gonna have to spend a lot of time practising dull-as-**** links in combos. Other than that the game seems pretty fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm rocking Rolento and King. Badass team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ive been using rolento and pressing lp

Advertisement