Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ah no, I'd feel terrible if she read it here...maybe it's just me that thinks she looks bigger now than at the finale.
    Just listening to the John Murray show now, Ronan Scully is great, I've seen him at races...
    Fair enough :) I don't think this years group are as motivated as in previous years. It doesn't feel like there's any longevity in this programme in that it's filmed over a v short period of time and then people return to their normal lives andslip back intonbsd habits!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The guys from last year mentioned that it was an 8 week series - this year's is only 6 weeks.... have they started dumbing it down - and fatally shortening it - lately? Six weeks is not a long time in the whole weight-loss/life-transformation game.

ETA - anyone remember how long it was back in Gerry's day? IMO it was 100% his gig, not the same since he's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

i think grace is super hot anyway !!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Grace is sultry!

Natalie's attitude is really starting to get to me though and I'm not sure exactly what it is but when it looked like * (and mind you it is only tv she could be coming off completely differently) she was trying to see if she was going to be allowed to leave the boot camp challanges, I know its difficult and fair play for her finishing them and I say her focus will get better its early days, but there's still something and I can't put my finger on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't watch this but caught some blurb aboout it on the radio.
    Why do they give the weight in stones and pounds?

Surely, given the age profile of the candidates, we've all moved to metric at this stage. Weight should be expressed in kilograms.

Is it the case that eleven stone seems smaller than sixty nine point eight five kilos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

My weight & height will always be stones and feet/inches. Everything else is metric :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

saa wrote: »
    Grace is sultry!

Natalie's attitude is really starting to get to me though and I'm not sure exactly what it is but when it looked like * (and mind you it is only tv she could be coming off completely differently) she was trying to see if she was going to be allowed to leave the boot camp challanges, I know its difficult and fair play for her finishing them and I say her focus will get better its early days, but there's still something and I can't put my finger on it.

I think she's lazy! How did they let their back garden get into such a state???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

My weight & height will always be stones and feet/inches. Everything else is metric :)

I'm the very same! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The production of this show is cheesetastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Lol, your one's diet advice is brilliant. Porridge for breakfast! Soup for lunch! FFS.

• Advertisement

Lol, your one's diet advice is brilliant. Porridge for breakfast! Soup for lunch! FFS.

Jesus, Dr. Eva got out of the wrong side of the bed for poor Natalie....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Did anyone just hear Dr. Orsmond announce that Natalie approached her on Saturday to discuss her constipation?

It was clear that Natalie did not want it mentioned on national TV as she tried to interrupt her and even beside that Natalie, presumably, approached her as a doctor.

Aside from the obvious violation of her trust is that not a violation of doctor/patient confidentiality?

Can she, as a doctor, really go on TV and announce that someone approached her about a private issue and then proceed to discuss that issue?

Either way: what a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Re: Natalie's small weight loss. Would they not take into account that muscle is being formed by all the exercise which might be offsetting the fat lost? Also, TOTM and constipation would very likely affect things too. Weight-loss doesn't always follow hard science.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Re: Natalie's small weight loss. Would they not take into account that muscle is being formed by all the exercise which might be offsetting the fat lost? Also, TOTM and constipation would very likely affect things too. Weight-loss doesn't always follow hard science.

She's not exactly pumping iron. She's going for walks and gentle runs. That's not going to turn fat into muscle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Heroditas wrote: »
    She's not exactly pumping iron. She's going for walks and gentle runs. That's not going to turn fat into muscle.

Out of all of them, she doesn't seem to be working as hard, or making the same change of mind-set.

It was a bit rough of her constipation being brought up on air when she didn't give her ok for it - bad form. On the other hand, people need to know that dieting isn't always easy, it can have unexpected (usually temporary) side effects that might cause you to stop and go back to old eating habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Seachmall wrote: »
    Aside from the obvious violation of her trust is that not a violation of doctor/patient confidentiality?

Can she, as a doctor, really go on TV and announce that someone approached her about a private issue and then proceed to discuss that issue?
    It's a reality TV programme so I'm sure they were all given forms to sign where they waived away any right to privacy for the 8 weeks of the show. Ormond has never shown any great concern for people's feelings anyway afaik so why would she start now?
    Natalie didn't seem particularly fazed by her though. I don't understand why she put herself forward for this show and doesn't appear to be pushing herself out of her comfort zone much at all. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Re: Natalie's small weight loss. Would they not take into account that muscle is being formed by all the exercise which might be offsetting the fat lost?

You can't typically build muscle while losing fat. Building muscle requires a calorie surplus, losing fat requires a deficit.

Some people who start lifting heavy when losing weight do occasionally put muscle on but it's not something that continues to happen or has a noticeable effect (most of the time). And she's not lifting heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Far from it, they're using water bottles as weights aren't they? Crazy, especially for the men.

What struck me about natalie I'd that this woman has had a child yet can't refer to her body or it's functions in proper "grown up" terms! I know myself that my weight always goes up a pound or so when I have my period so the fact that the was, what 1.5 lbs?, below her weight loss goal for the week doesn't surprise me.

Heroditas wrote: »
    That's not going to turn fat into muscle.

Nothing turns fat into muscle. They're two different tissues. :confused:

Heard the two weigh-ins this morning on John Murray show - I have to say fair play to Natalie for losing 4lbs - at this stage of the game, and having struggled last week, that's a whopper of an amount. Dr. Eva's congratulations sounded like they might stick in her throat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

snubbleste wrote: »
    I don't watch this but caught some blurb aboout it on the radio.
    Why do they give the weight in stones and pounds?

Surely, given the age profile of the candidates, we've all moved to metric at this stage. Weight should be expressed in kilograms.

Is it the case that eleven stone seems smaller than sixty nine point eight five kilos?
    i always use stone and pounds .i think most irish people do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Wow, Grace looks amazing! :)

Good man Adrian!

As a struggling, asthmatic, aspiring runner I could certainly identify with him tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

twirlagig wrote: »
    Wow, Grace looks amazing! :)

the odd time i've had this program on in the background while my wife was watching it, and tonight now is the first time i've sat down and actually watched it. what im seeing to be honest is an outrageous amount of scaremongering, exaggeration, and, humiliation! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Nothing turns fat into muscle. They're two different tissues. :confused:

I know. I phrased it badly.

Grace is looking great but she wouldn't be a size 12 yet, would she? :eek: Still more a 14-16, I would think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cafecreme

Has Natalie cried every week? It seems as if she has anyway.

If Grace is short then she could easily be in a size 12, they all look a lot better than weeks 1 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Katherine didn't get dressed for dinner! :eek:

cafecreme wrote: »
    If Grace is short then she could easily be in a size 12, they all look a lot better than weeks 1 anyway.

She's 5'7", so I really doubt she'd be a size 12 just yet. Not that it matters, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Fair play to them all this week. You can really see the change in Adrian and Killian.

Advertisement