Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps3 and Ps4 battlefield 4 thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

chickenboy wrote: »
    Yup, everyone's favourite made-up source! :)
    It instantly rang a bell in my head till you clever boardsies pointed it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GJa1_u-VLE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    OT i know but having just finished the wire 2 weeks ago all I can say is do believe the hype.. Anyway a question about bf4. Is it worth buying now to get used to how it plays? (I never really played battlefield before) or should I just wait for the next gen and get the shít kicked out of me like the noob I am/will be? I'm not really shíttin money so what ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

irishmover wrote: »
    Taking an educated guess on which is best gun/scope/etc... Looked to me like the AK5C was the best first weapon to get in the game. I only changed it for the Ace-52-CQB or whatever it's called yesterday... Opinions would be appreciated on what I should change to improve!

All the guns are fairly similar, just try em all until you find the one that suits you best. For attachments, play around on symthic.com - shows all the weapons stats, what the attachments do and how they change the weapons performance.

As for skill I'm not sure how it's calculated either, all I know is that mine's on a constant downwards trajectory !

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

GerB40 wrote: »
    It instantly rang a bell in my head till you clever boardsies pointed it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GJa1_u-VLE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    OT i know but having just finished the wire 2 weeks ago all I can say is do believe the hype.. Anyway a question about bf4. Is it worth buying now to get used to how it plays? (I never really played battlefield before) or should I just wait for the next gen and get the shít kicked out of me like the noob I am/will be? I'm not really shíttin money so what ye think?

I'm not planning on shelling out for a PS4 until at least after Christmas so I got it now; if you do get it for the PS3, you should get a code allowing you to download it for the PS4 for about 10 quid, which is what I plan to do.

"Most interestingly, you'll be able to create missions - challenges that you and up to four friends can take part in by setting objectives separate from the main ones of just winning the match based on the same criteria as Personal Records - so stuff like kills with a certain weapon or vehicle, or number of points captured. You then pick the map for the challenge and number of attempts, then you and your buddies have 48 hours in which to beat your friends and claim victory, with updates via Battlelog keeping you in the loop on the progress."

Alright, who's up for one this weekend ? If anyone's interested let me know and suggest a challenge.

I'm not planning on shelling out for a PS4 until at least after Christmas so I got it now; if you do get it for the PS3, you should get a code allowing you to download it for the PS4 for about 10 quid, which is what I plan to do.
    Jaysus a tenner? That's handy. Im on the same boat as you bud, not gettin PS4 till Jan/Feb. Fück it, I may as well shell out on a copy, glitches an all.. Will my level/classes and all that transfer from PS3 to PS4?

• Advertisement

Jaysus a tenner? That's handy. Im on the same boat as you bud, not gettin PS4 till Jan/Feb. Fück it, I may as well shell out on a copy, glitches an all.. Will my level/classes and all that transfer from PS3 to PS4?

I'm assuming so; it should be linked through your PSN, which I would have thought will stay the same across consoles?

I'm assuming so; it should be linked through your PSN, which I would have thought will stay the same across consoles?

By any chance would you have a link to this tenner to download PS4 craic? If I can verify it I'm definitely goin down the street today and picking up a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

By any chance would you have a link to this tenner to download PS4 craic? If I can verify it I'm definitely goin down the street today and picking up a copy.

https://help.ea.com/article/upgrade-battlefield-4-for-ps4-and-xbox-one

Edit: beaten to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

There's a leaflet in the game case telling you how to do it.

• Advertisement

hallo dare wrote: »
    There's a leaflet in the game case telling you how to do it.

Lads thanks for the replies. If this was a COD forum people would be saying "look it up urself u fãg" or jesus ur such a fùckin noob".

R.I.P Call of Duty
    You're dead to me.
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. (mostly worst).
    I'm going over to the darkside (battlefield) and I don't plan on comin back.. Slán.

Lads thanks for the replies. If this was a COD forum people would be saying "look it up urself u fãg" or jesus ur such a fùckin noob".

Maybe, but be warned the BF community at large isn't the group of mature gamers you might expect.
    On CoD I met so many friendly random players and never had any issues, but on BF I regularly get threatening/abusive/gloating messages on PSN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

[quote=but on BF I regularly get threatening/abusive/gloating messages on PSN.[/quote]

Agreed, there are some awful clowns knocking round that just have to message you about killing you or gloating. Best way to sort them is to hunt them down and knife and take their dogtags, see how smart they are then. :-)

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Maybe, but be warned the BF community at large isn't the group of mature gamers you might expect.
    On CoD I met so many friendly random players and never had any issues, but on BF I regularly get threatening/abusive/gloating messages on PSN.

Well now I don't know what to believe...
    I'm a big boy (closer to thirty than twenty) I'll be able to take care of myself:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I got some friend requests at the weekend but most werent on when I was playing. Have ye met up online yet? I am keen to play with a squad leader who targets the objective BTW; randoms dont do it.

Sometimes the game can be a pain in the hole, depending on who your with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

dont see in through the previous pages but has anyone else had serious crashing/freezing problems. Got the game yesterday and had one campaign session freeze up followed by at least 4 multiplayer sessions, all of which meant the ps3 had to be turned off and back on. Worth reinstalling the game data?

besides that the knifing/crouch/battlelog/spotting controls are driving me mad, will take a bit of getting used to.

Feeling very underpowered against some of the players already especially those with tank upgrades but that cant be helped

dont see in through the previous pages but has anyone else had serious crashing/freezing problems. Got the game yesterday and had one campaign session freeze up followed by at least 4 multiplayer sessions, all of which meant the ps3 had to be turned off and back on. Worth reinstalling the game data?

besides that the knifing/crouch/battlelog/spotting controls are driving me mad, will take a bit of getting used to.

Feeling very underpowered against some of the players already especially those with tank upgrades but that cant be helped

Have had a few freezes in multiplayer. No more so than I would get in BF3 or playing COD.

The game did manage to lose the 4 hours or so of the campaign that I'd played. I was none too happy about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

What's the input lag and auto aim like for retail version of bf4? I played the beta and I thought it was unplayable due to these two major annoyances.

Aim assist has been lowered slightly at close range, remains the same at mid-long range.
    Input lag, I think, remains the same.

If you thought the beta was unplayable, I don't think the retail version will be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Have had a few freezes in multiplayer. No more so than I would get in BF3 or playing COD.

The game did manage to lose the 4 hours or so of the campaign that I'd played. I was none too happy about that!

Havent had BF3 freeze in ages but I keep forgetting how long it is since that was released and a lot of patches in between.

Ouch on losing 4 hours of that campaign mustve been painful having to sit through the senseless story again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Abominable JoMan

Yup, everyone's favourite made-up source! :)

Going controversial here, The Wire > Breaking Bad, in my humble opinion it must be said ;)
    Anyway yeah, I do have a pre-order on a PS4 Killzone bundle but I've never played BF before [Cod 4 up to about first BO was all I liked] and I'm well ready to make the switch, is it worth it do ye think? Like does it give you the same rush you got off the old CODs? If so I'd be ready to go noob all over again :rolleyes:

Havent had BF3 freeze in ages but I keep forgetting how long it is since that was released and a lot of patches in between.

Ouch on losing 4 hours of that campaign mustve been painful having to sit through the senseless story again

I haven't even bothered trying the campaign again; I'll wait for a patch so hopefully I won't lose everything again.

And after saying I had few problems, I just had a terribly rubber bandy game or three, had to give up. Think there was another boardsie on the opposite team?

I haven't even bothered trying the campaign again; I'll wait for a patch so hopefully I won't lose everything again.

If you want I can copy my save and email it to you ? You should be able then to play any mission you want and unlock the MP weapons as well.

Going controversial here, The Wire > Breaking Bad, in my humble opinion it must be said ;)
    Anyway yeah, I do have a pre-order on a PS4 Killzone bundle but I've never played BF before [Cod 4 up to about first BO was all I liked] and I'm well ready to make the switch, is it worth it do ye think? Like does it give you the same rush you got off the old CODs? If so I'd be ready to go noob all over again :rolleyes:

The Wire better than Breaking Bad is controversial... But then there's The Sopranos. And even though its only three seasons in Game of Thrones is shaping up to be quite the contender. By the way The Wire is better than Breaking Bad in my opinion (slightly). Anyway back to Battlefield. I'm hopping on the bandwagon myself and I'll be noob as a motherfúcker so here's my psn name. GerryB-- Send an oul friend request if ya want or whatever..

If you want I can copy my save and email it to you ? You should be able then to play any mission you want and unlock the MP weapons as well.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm good. I do actually want to play through it myself, but I'm in no rush to do so. I don't think they're any unlocks I can't live without for the moment, unless they'res something there to givee the DMRs a buff!

Aim assist has been lowered slightly at close range, remains the same at mid-long range.
    Input lag, I think, remains the same.

If you thought the beta was unplayable, I don't think the retail version will be any different.

I think it is a lot better in the retail version? Maybe it is just me

Hah, maybe it's just me, I didn't notice any real difference between the input lag in the beta and retail, but then I'm only a very casual gamer.

So anyway, last night I dragged the PS down and set up beside the desktop PC so I could use the Battlelog server browser on the website.
    Have to say it's much better than in game - you can actually see a numerical value for your ping, just find a low one, join the server and set your network smoothing factor equal-ish to the ping and you're set. Worked a treat for me anyway.

Pain in the ass having to use a pc/tablet to play a ps3 game, but worth it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ViP3r

, join the server and set your network smoothing factor equal-ish to the ping and you're set.

How did you do this?!:D Cant say I've noticed any lag issues and ive put a few solid days in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I have sigs off and I don't know how or particularly want to turn em on :pac:

PSN: Carefree_Ste

• Advertisement

Help here please:

On 29th I will be able to get my PS4 and I will want BF4 on the same day. I have BF3 and I am buying the PS4 in Smyths.

Presumably the €10 upgrade can be done there and then in Smyths and if not would it be better to get the downloadable version for the €10?

Advertisement