Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That fancy youtube thing! - Music for Oulwans 'n' Oulfellas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Rawk & roll baby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

:cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭cml387

Brilliant Rebecula! I remember that being shown during children's programmes on BBC 1 back in the sixties.

I have a feeling there were others of a like sort, anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Hi cml387, there were tons of similar. One in particular has gone awol in the mists of time, it was the Banana Boat Song, possibly Bert and Ernie, or other muppets, can't remember but one muppet had to leave the room and sing "Day-O' from outside, because he was 'too loud'. You could see him through a window and he had to trot back and forth to do the song, hilarious! Anyone else remember that one? If you find it on the www pleeeeeze let me have the link as I've been looking for it for years. In the mean time, I like these: (P.S. the muppets were wasted on kids!! Better for adults)

• Advertisement

That link I posted is the only one I can ever remember about leaving the room ans singing Day -O through the window. I don't remember the muppets doing it as well.

I will keep looking for it though JellyBaby, just for you LOL

(Prefer Bugs Bunny and Speedy Gonzales anyway :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

This is a very vague and distant memory, but I don't think that was the Muppets. I remember it but wasn't it something like Morcambe and Wise - it may (slowly) come back to me :D

Himself likes Foghorn Leghorn, I say himself likes FOGHORN LEGHORN!

Morcambe & Wise, they might have done it, but I distinctly remember a fuzzy coloured stuffed article, but that might have been Eric.....or Ernie! :)

P.S. I hate it everytime I edit, you all get told that I edited! Can I edit without you knowing I made lots of booboos?

This is all I can find on the Bananboat song from the muppets.

Like wot I already posted up above.

• Advertisement

Yes indeed JellyBaby it is the same one. LOL I didn't mean to usurp you, just got carried away with my search. Too anxious to pleae methinks. Sorry :o

Youusurperyou! Bye bye!:D

This is what I was thinking about. My apple logies about the ad.

This is the one I was thinking of, though I must be remembering hearing it on the radio as it is the little clattery footsteps that I remember, not the characters.

looksee wrote: »

This is the one I was thinking of, though I must be remembering hearing it on the radio as it is the little clattery footsteps that I remember, not the characters.

It's Stan Freberg what done that.

He famously did "alternative" versions of hits of the day.

One remembers his deconstruction of "Old Man River" with particular fondness, and also check out his persecution of the snare drummer in "The Yellow Rose Of Texas"

That's the song complete with footsteps Looksee, but the visual is wrong - I will go to my grave and never remember who the people/puppets/muppets were. Oh well!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    That's the song complete with footsteps Looksee, but the visual is wrong - I will go to my grave and never remember who the people/puppets/muppets were. Oh well!

I agree JB, the sound is right but I am sure I have never seen the cartoon before. I remember those little footsteps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Jellybaby1 wrote: »

This has little footsteps :D

Ah! Fr Ted territory :D But no, it was definitely the footsteps in the bugs bunny cartoon. Of course we could all be suffering from a mass memory scramble...

I was ten when this was released, but I remember it - I never knew what the words were and now I do. Strange choice of title!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Now you're talking Ruthloss. Himself and I saw these movies when we were 'going out' together in the 70's. Music easy on the ear, sending tingles up my spine - Clint was very easy on the eye too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Anyone there last week at Kilmaimham...this is for you...and to Leonard....you are a true gentleman...thank you for a fantabulous night...stay well....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Talking of Mr Cohen, I came across

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1EJ-ITAcEU

last week. I remember watching this on TV at the time.

Still gutted and shocked by what 40 odd years have done :eek:

[QUOTE=0lddog

Still gutted and shocked by what 40 odd years have done :eek:[/QUOTE]

Yes Oldog., 'He' got fierce old looking!!:D

Nearly 2 years so I thought I would refresh this thread. Some folks like music after all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Any ''Sky'' fans

This is my favourite

enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭trashcan

Rubecula wrote: »
    Nearly 2 years so I thought I would refresh this thread. Some folks like music after all. :)

Written by Graham Gouldman of 10CC fame, trivia fans.

• Advertisement

Advertisement