Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last podcast you listened to

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sturner10

The last one I listened to was Ricky Gervais, Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington Podcasts...the funniest thing I have ever listened to - actually had to take my headphones out of my iPod in a shop as I was getting funny looks uncontrollably laughing to myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tipplad92

The Ricky Gervais show podcasts are one of the funniest things ever!!!!:D
    Karl Pilkington is a genius haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

+1 on the Ricky Gervais/Pilkington podcasts - hilarious, you should also check out the XFM archives .... even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Jay and Silent Bob Get old & Smodcast. I really loved the episode where they revealed a darker side to Mr. Scott and what goes down in the engine room of the Enterprise :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

BBC Radio 4 Friday Night Comedy. Andrew Maxwell was on this, thought he was OK...maybe a little overexcited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Been listening to a few Nerdist and WTF pods I'd downloaded but hadn't gotten around to listening to. Finished Marc Maron on Nerdist this morning and currently on Tenacious D on Nerdist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

A lot of The Indoor Kids.

That's a good video game one, Penn. It's part of the Nerdist podcast channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Jim Jeffries podcast he does with some awful comedian and a homeless guy. Good for a laugh if you have a dark sense of humor.

talkin **** with eddy ifft and jim,

sometimes as good as gervais, sometimes dire, always funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

jcf wrote: »
    +1 on the Ricky Gervais/Pilkington podcasts - hilarious, you should also check out the XFM archives .... even better.

Any non itunes links for all of these? Can't seem to kind the Pilkington ones.

niallo24 wrote: »
    Any non itunes links for all of these? Can't seem to kind the Pilkington ones.

They used to be on pilkipedia.co.uk (Karl Pilkington fan site), but they were taken down. Not sure where you can get them now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I just listened to the "DIY" episode of This American Life, the one about Colin Warner who served 21 years in prison for a murder he had nothing to do with. Best thing I've ever heard, very powerful and forcefully moving. Like the "Dear Zachary" of podcasts - definitely recommend that episode and of course This American Life in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Have a listen to Stuff You Should Know from Howstuffworks.com...! Very interesting stuff on there if you you like that kinda thing.

Also if into photography This Week In Photo is great..!

Rats

Listened to The Nerdist yesterday where Chris interviewed his father Billy Hardwick on account of it being Father's Day. Actually a really great episode. Billy was very funny and had some great stories. Well worth a listen.

Started listening to one a friend recommended called "We Hate Movies", where they pick really bad movies and discuss them in a review/synopsis kind of way but just generally making fun of it. Listened to older episodes like Star Wars Phantom Menace and Superman 3&4. Really enjoyable and pretty funny. Can't imagine listening to it every week as I guess it would depend on if you'd seen the movie being discussed or not, but worth checking out

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Most of the HowStuffWorks podcasts are excellent, particularly a recent episode of Stuff You Should Know ("The Shark Diaries" - a radio play). Also a fan of the Savage Lovecast, as well as NPR's podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭haydar

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History and Radiolab are very excellent.
    The Irish History is also good and is always improving.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe Podcast #372.

They had a report about some conspiracy nuts. Man, those guys are just off the wall, heavy dose of confirmation bias doing the rounds, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cozski

I've been listening to Dan & Fab on Linux Outlaws for some time now and if you like a relaxed and irreverent approach to tech (particularly Linux, Open Source, gadgets).... they usually throw a tune or 2 in from Dan's 20lb Sounds band.

http://sixgun.org/linuxoutlaws-275/

Chillpak Hollywood Hour - some good banter on the 2009/J.J. Abrams version of Star Trek and the state of film/TV/too much choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Smart Passive Income

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

From Our Own Correspondent.

Great descriptive accounts from the life of and by random BBC correspondents around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

BBC
    Title (#Episodes * Lengths)

In Our Time: History (~50 * 30mins)
    In Our Time: Philosophy (~50 * 30mins)
    China: As History is My Witness (10 * 15mins)
    Infinite Monkey Cage (~15+ * 30mins)
    A Brief History of Mathematics (10 * 15mins)
    Reith Lectures ( ... * 50mins )

Thought I should lump all the BBC ones I'm listening to at the same time in together.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭haydar

Some of the bbc world service podcasts are great.

Outlook and the documentaries are the ones i listen to mostly.
    The outlook episode with an interview of Kofi Annan is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Really enjoying Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Star Talk Radio podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Really enjoying Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Star Talk Radio podcasts.
    find this very hard to listen the unnecessary interuptions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

find this very hard to listen the unnecessary interuptions

Yeah they are annoying but I'm used to them at this stage. The podcast is syndicated on national radio in the States (I think!), that's why they have to cut to commercial every once in a while.

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Yeah they are annoying but I'm used to them at this stage. The podcast is syndicated on national radio in the States (I think!), that's why they have to cut to commercial every once in a while.
    ah well give us podcast version, well they live shows are bring put on the nerdist youtube channel

oh no tried to listen to the one of them and that ruined by a bitty format too

Nulty wrote: »
    BBC

Reith Lectures ( ... * 50mins )

I listened to some of those featuring the former head of MI5 - Eliza Manningham-Buller. Very interesting.

Last listened to some BBC World Service documentaries that have been on my player for ages. Some really good stuff there as always, for example, anything involving Peter Taylor. Must have a look around as I don't think I've anything from 2012 or 2013 from their archives.

• Advertisement

Admittedly, I've generally filtered out the kinda backslapping emails that Kermode/Mayo read out on their podcast, but on the most recent episode this bothered me more than usual. David Morrissey and Sam Raimi were good fun, though.

Advertisement