Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new holland ts115

• 26-06-2009 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

lads anyone familiar with these tractors, looking on tinernet and there seems to be a fair few around from the 2000 onwards with 4 to 5 thouasand hrs, they have the older type bonnet but I always thought they were a real tidy looking tractor..are they much like the 110-90 or have they alot of electronics. do they give trouble or whats the general feeling on them and how are they on fuel, have a newer type massey and find it heavy enough on juice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

Ya i noticed that too, theres quite a few of them on the market.
    Neighbour just bought a 01 one 5k hours and in fairly tidy condition.
    Any of the ones I've seen all have the SLE gearbox and electronic lift controls, air con and 4 spools. So looks like quite a bit of electronics but seems to be reliable.

Maybe there was lower spec mechanical version too? I know that the 7840s were available in an "special" version with the SLE gearbox but mechanical control lift.

On 110-90s local NH mechanic says that the nearest thing to a 110-90 is a TM 120 classic , basic spec tractor, apparently the backend is similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

do you mind me asking what type of ballpark figure he had to cough up?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

I'd like to know that myself!! He wouldnt say he's very coy when it comes to how much he pays for stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭maidhc

We have a 2000 TS115 from new. It has 3,000 hours up.

It has a 7.5L normally aspirated Powerstar engine bolted onto an 8340 back end. Ours is the equivalent of the "SL" spec. Basically a 12x12 gearbox with dual power, manual lift and 2 spools.

The only problems with it in 9 years was the PTO failed under warranty (when it was 6 months old) and last year the fan belt snapped. Otherwise it has been flawless.

It isn't the most hectic tractor to pull, and to be honest the zetor 6340 (80hp) we had before it wasn't much slower with a load. It is a bit rough on the road too. It can of course be turbocharged as most of them are, but we have not had the need for the 130 or so hp this can deliver.

As regards fuel, I actually don't know. It definately burns more than a Ford 4000, it has a 200L tank and it will be quite empty after a full day mowing. Expect to burn half as much baling.

good info cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mooverlive

had one of these guess it was a monday morning job ;it broke my heart for 3 years had to get rid of it the back end of it was pure putty, broke crown and pinion and blew clutch pack which i got done in it about 2 months earlier when she went she was ecellant power wise she was throwing out about 140 hp still stayed with newholland bought a ts125a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 padraickane

lads i have a massey 1995 135 horse now i want to move to a new holland ts 115 turbo what is the best model an year to buy all info welcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sthil

I bought 03 ts115 off local dealer about 2 months ago, its an sle special with left hand reverse and manual lift controls. It has a turbo which brings it up to about 130 hp. There`s 600x65x38 on back and 480x65x28 on front. Had to give 18k with my 7740 for it, 7740 had 12000 hours on it and needed a bit of work . I got 2 new back tyres worth about 2500 and 6 month warranty, was best deal around locally , good black chassis 115`s are making up to 30k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 planning

We bough our ts115 turbo new in 2001. We have 9000 hrs up on. The tractor was never spared. Hope to get another few years out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

Used to drive a 2001 ts115 a few years back, non turbo, with only two power shifts (dual power). had it attached mostly to a wood chipper, and also done a good bit of road work with it, had a loader attached on the front.
    Never had any problems at all, it may have been a bit light for road work, always seemed to be bouncing around ( however the loader may have had something to do with this). As mentioned above it didnt seem to be the best for pulling either but then it only had 100 horses and with the dual power you would have to clutch and change gear when it started to die going up the hill with a heavy load. Therefore the sle model would be better for road work etc.

As for going turbo I have never driven one but that seems a serious power increase! Did they ever leave the factory with a turbo or was it an aftermarket bolt on? And does anyone know should the pistons and rings be changed when fitting the turbo to this engine?

• Advertisement

As for going turbo I have never driven one but that seems a serious power increase! Did they ever leave the factory with a turbo or was it an aftermarket bolt on? And does anyone know should the pistons and rings be changed when fitting the turbo to this engine?

All aftermarket jobs. According to the main dealer the pistons and rings should be replaced according to the book, but they never are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

Drove a ts 115 for a few summers drawing silage. Didnt like i atall, was too light trailer kept pushin it around the place, couldnt wait to get back up on the old TW.That said it was probably just too small for the job it was being asked to do.Not sure if it was my imagination but I seemed to find the TW far more manoeuvrable round tight yards..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Use to use a Ts in work Non turbo model. As mentioned above didnt really like it at all. Much preferred the TM Model with the auto box. Awefully comfy and plenty of power!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

What are they like for general farm use tho? Thinking about getting one but it wont be used to draw silage or any heavy work like that..

I havent heard great things about them in the past, but from reading the above comments they dont seem that bad or troublesome, so how suited would they be for general farm use?

martydunf wrote: »
    What are they like for general farm use tho? Thinking about getting one but it wont be used to draw silage or any heavy work like that..

I havent heard great things about them in the past, but from reading the above comments they dont seem that bad or troublesome, so how suited would they be for general farm use?

That is what we use ours for. Good solid simple tractor that hasn't needed a wrech to it in 10 years and still looks as good as new.

Can't imagine any tractor being much better for general farm use.

martydunf wrote: »

Ideal farm tractor! small, compact and above all, very reliable!
    It probably wasnt really designed with heavy road work etc. in mind. A lot of people (including myself) have been on criticizing it for being a bit too small and light for heavy road work!

But I supose when all you have to complain about is that its a bit bouncy on the road, that says it all really :D very good all round tractor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Ideal farm tractor! small, compact and above all, very reliable!
    It probably wasnt really designed with heavy road work etc. in mind. A lot of people (including myself) have been on criticizing it for being a bit too small and light for heavy road work!

But I supose when all you have to complain about is that its a bit bouncy on the road, that says it all really :D very good all round tractor.

Of course you could get a Case. Same tractor, made in same factory, from same major components. Covered over with different shaped bonnet and painted red. Save yourself good few quid.

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Of course you could get a Case. Same tractor, made in same factory, from same major components. Covered over with different shaped bonnet and painted red. Save yourself good few quid.

Thats very true the 115s seem to be a bit pricy alright! seem to hold their value very well

All new ts 115`s came non turbo as standard, a friend of mine bought one new in 02 and got main dealer to fit a turbo on it but he was told that new holland would not guarantee engine if he did . He still put it on though. It has over 10000 hours on it now and still going strong. He used for mowing silage for a contractor for 3 years, pulling a 10 foot john deere mower with swarther

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

Digging this one up again.

Going looking at a 115 sle with a manual lift and shuttle on Saturday. I know a bit about these yokes but what should I keep an eye out for. I know the earlier sle gearboxes had issues but the newer ones were pretty good. How would I know if there were issues with it?

• Advertisement

There will be a jerk when you change between gears when driving if there's a problem with the gearbox

sthil wrote: »
    There will be a jerk when you change between gears when driving if there's a problem with the gearbox
    How much of a jerk? I know I have one when I change the dual power on the 7610, should the change be smooth like that?

All the gear changes should be the same slight jerk ok no big one

sthil wrote: »
    All the gear changes should be the same slight jerk ok no big one

Cool, anything to look out for with shuttle should that be nice an smooth too when changing direction? Was planning on checking the clutch by using the old trick of trying to take off in top gear to see if there is any slippage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Thats very true the 115s seem to be a bit pricy alright! seem to hold their value very well

what model case would be the same as a TS115 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

aidanki wrote: »
    what model case would be the same as a TS115 ?

No equivalent, TS115 was out before similar tractors were sold I'm blue and red.

At this power level, their successor the TSA was the first in blue and red as the MXU.

its funny to see an old thread popping up, was looking at the date i posted it, could believe it so long ago

its funny to see an old thread popping up, was looking at the date i posted it, could believe it so long ago

yeah was trolling through some older threads to see what people think of them. Easier to bump an old one to jog memeiros.

Did you get one in the end badger?

yellow50HX wrote: »
    yeah was trolling through some older threads to see what people think of them. Easier to bump an old one to jog memeiros.

Did you get one in the end badger?

dont even remember posted it to be honest but i ended up buying kubota 125 the following year anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

nashmach wrote: »
    No equivalent, TS115 was out before similar tractors were sold I'm blue and red.

At this power level, their successor the TSA was the first in blue and red as the MXU.

There was tractors available in both blue and red at that point but was only the large tm/mxm range!

We had a ts100 here sldp spec ran to 7200 hours, it did a clutch in that time due to an oil seal failing in the dual power unit and leaking to clutch. Other than that never a problem( well an injector pump but that was courtesy of dirty diesel doing the rounds) it was turned up a bit an pulled well for its size, even managed a 20ft smyth silage trailer last year... It wa always a comfortable and handy tractor, we'd have kept it if funds had allowed but unfortunately not :(

Advertisement