Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 USA Diversity Visa status check?

• 01-05-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 13 LeamD

It appears to me as though we are unable to check for the results with our details of this year at the minute, I think maybe they haven't updated the site yet?

Have any of you guys/girls been able to check using this year's confirmation number?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

Mid-day eastern time (new york), so around 5pm GMT they will be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 1619

LeamD wrote: »
    It appears to me as though we are unable to check for the results with our details of this year at the minute, I think maybe they haven't updated the site yet?

Have any of you guys/girls been able to check using this year's confirmation number?

Cheers

I've been trying since 5pm and I haven't been able to access it either. It keeps coming back saying server busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Yeah, same here, everyone trying to access it at the same time obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LeamD

Same now too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

i can get on the site here in the US, but it still only has the 2012 one up.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 LeamD

Really? I can ocasionally get to the page where it takes my details, but then it times out trying to get me my result... def seeing 2013 one here when it comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭davymc31

IVE GOT IN 7 TIMES ENTERED INFO AND THEN IT KEEPS COMING UP DLL ERROR OR SOMETHING AND KEEPS GIVING ME MORE LETTERS TO SEND IN SECURITY HAZE

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

I thought I had my number somewhere but I can't find it. Will they mail you if you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Darren1o1 wrote: »
    I thought I had my number somewhere but I can't find it. Will they mail you if you get it?
    Unfortunately not. You need to have saved it somewhere and log on to enter it. There's no other way to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭yew_tree

for DV-2012 Entrant Status Check.

above link still shows 2012 for me too - I wonder when they will but up the 2013 link??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭davymc31

NO LUCK FOR ME ..... YOU NEED TO LOG ON TO AMERCIAN EMBASSEY WEBSITE TRAVEL. STATE.GOV CLICK ON DIVERSITY VISA ON RIGHT TOP CORNER YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE CAPS LOCK IS NOT ON WHEN PUTTING IN SURNAME

yew_tree wrote: »
    for DV-2012 Entrant Status Check.

above link still shows 2012 for me too - I wonder when they will but up the 2013 link??
    The main page text mentions 2012 but it's the same link – when you click into it it allows you to check either your 2012 or your 2013 code.

davymc31 wrote: »
    YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE CAPS LOCK IS NOT ON WHEN PUTTING IN SURNAME

Made no difference for me whether it's caps or not.

Also, why are you shouting? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

The main page text mentions 2012 but it's the same link – when you click into it it allows you to check either your 2012 or your 2013 code.
    This changed only around 5PM yesterday.
    Prior to this no 2013xxxxxxxxxx confirmation numbers were accepted.

Internet Explorer popped up "server busy" message.
    Managed to get in using Firefox around 11PM

beazee wrote: »
    This changed only around 5PM yesterday.
    Prior to this no 2013xxxxxxxxxx confirmation numbers were accepted.

Eh, yeah I know, because that's the time it opened.

The person I quoted asked that question this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Calico101

As a previous poster mentioned, it seems to work if you use Firefox.

I just checked for about the 10th year running......unsuccessful AGAIN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭ Kaydence Angry Harmonica

Seems like by reading posts on http://forums.immigration.com/forumd...ttery-Visas-DV that almost no-one was selected or at least very little reports of winners.

In previous years, there was many members reporting selections pretty quickly after the results were opened, and also linking to the forums reporting selections. They are speculating on the additional selection in October thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Seems like by reading posts on http://forums.immigration.com/forumd...ttery-Visas-DV that almost no-one was selected or at least very little reports of winners.

In previous years, there was many members reporting selections pretty quickly after the results were opened, and also linking to the forums reporting selections. They are speculating on the additional selection in October thingy.

Are you saying that there may be an Irish selection in October?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Calico101 wrote: »
    As a previous poster mentioned, it seems to work if you use Firefox.

I just checked for about the 10th year running......unsuccessful AGAIN!

I checked also and keeping getting error message saying my details are incorrect so I'm still none the wiser. I've checked twice the printout that I printed on the day I applied so I'm only keying in the details the lottery supplied to me so I'm not sure what the heck is going on. My friend checked and he got a message saying he was unsuccessful.

Has ANYONE been offered the next stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Dave2k10

I cant find the confirmation email I got with the confirmation number I need to check. I emailed them, but not holding my breath that they even reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭ Kaydence Angry Harmonica

yew_tree wrote: »
    Are you saying that there may be an Irish selection in October?

No, a general selection for all countries. That's just the general assumption at the minute, but who knows..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Dave2k10 wrote: »
    I cant find the confirmation email I got with the confirmation number I need to check. I emailed them, but not holding my breath that they even reply.

dont recall getting an email I thought it was a confirmation page that was displayed at the end of your application. I just saved that as a html file on my USB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

1619 wrote: »

Has ANYONE been offered the next stage?

I only know of one Irish person that has been selected this year- I don;lt think she is a boardsie. Also a couple from Africa and Oceania.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I suspect the extra run is due to the low take up as a result of last years mess up. Guess time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

BuffyBot wrote: »
    I suspect the extra run is due to the low take up as a result of last years mess up. Guess time will tell.

not to sound ignorant but what happened last year? this is my first time to have applied

There was an mess up with the first selection and all winners were invalidated. It was subsequently redrawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ampah

Am finding it difficult in checking the result of 2013 diversity visa lottery. Please help me

It would be helpful if you described the problem you are having :)

• Advertisement

Ampah wrote: »
    Am finding it difficult in checking the result of 2013 diversity visa lottery. Please help me

So am I.

Although I'm inputting the information which I printed out from the website when I applied I keep getting an error message at the bottom of the log on screen saying that my details are incorrect.

Advertisement