Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does GameStop give for DVDs?

• 19-02-2009 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey all
    I was just wondering about selling DVDs to gamestop. i know they give money for DVDs but I was wondering roughly how much as i have a lot of DVDs that I dont watch and need some cash

Thanks
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Feck all. €2 per DVD tops I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

it would be worth your while just keeping your dvds, or maybe you could try chapters. gamestop will probably give you less than 50 cent a dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Sell them yourself on somewhere like adverts.ie, both you and the buyer will get a much better deal than you would trading them to gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,992 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Any lost Season 2 in your collection? Been wanting to pick that up cheap for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Do not give your DVDs to Gamestop so they can sell them again.
    For 15 DVDs they were going to give me about €7 cash, some were box sets and all were mint condition.

I actually heard about a local Car-Boot sale on sundays near where I live, so I took my DVDs and PC games and a few original Xbox games. Made about 150 quid for all, got rid of everything, buyers were happy and I was happy and Gamestop did not profit from my loss had I given them to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Sean Templar

StephenB wrote: »
    Hey all
    I was just wondering about selling DVDs to gamestop. i know they give money for DVDs but I was wondering roughly how much as i have a lot of DVDs that I dont watch and need some cash

Thanks
    Stephen
    They offer peanuts,they are there to make a profit on your DVD's.If you have alot of DVDS i would set up an account and sell them on EBAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

they give you like 2 euro it's hardly worth it , but i suppose if you have 100's you could net some decent money

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

chamlis wrote: »
    Do not give your DVDs to Gamestop so they can sell them again.
    For 15 DVDs they were going to give me about €7 cash, some were box sets and all were mint condition.

I actually heard about a local Car-Boot sale on sundays near where I live, so I took my DVDs and PC games and a few original Xbox games. Made about 150 quid for all, got rid of everything, buyers were happy and I was happy and Gamestop did not profit from my loss had I given them to them.

whereabouts please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Gamestop gave me €1 for a mint condition series box set of That 70s Show. Yes , €1!!!

Don't sell your dvds to that shower. Like Stephen said, try Adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I honestly believe that the whole gamestop buy-back-dvd's thing is totally aimed at junkies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

HAha! You might be on to something there actually
    I've had stuff stolen by junkies actually... I used to wonder what use an REM dvd would be to them - would they say to their dealer "here, I can't afford any smack but is an REM dvd any use to you ? gwan, gizza bit"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

sweetie wrote: »
    whereabouts please?
    This is in Kerry, but there should be car-boot sales everywhere, really.

Costs a tenner to drive in with your car, €15 if you've a Van.
    If you're not selling it's free or maybe €2 or something.

They'd usually be on a sunday, some field or pitch or other open space but there'd be signs around as well. Anywhere there's ever been a circus would be a good bet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

throw up a bit of a list and ill see what ya have. Have bout 300-350 dvds meself. Any box sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Gamestop gave me €1 for a mint condition series box set of That 70s Show. Yes , €1!!!

Don't sell your dvds to that shower. Like Stephen said, try Adverts.ie

you're a worse eejit to take it. i'd have given ye a fiver at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Krieg wrote: »
    I honestly believe that the whole gamestop buy-back-dvd's thing is totally aimed at junkies

You don't know how right you are. I heard there was some huge court case in America over Gamestops dodgy buying practices.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

I'm in the same boat, looking to sell my complete dvd collection.

Stuck an ad up on adverts.ie, think i'll stay well away from gamestop.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=181054&cat=500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

noodler wrote: »
    Any lost Season 2 in your collection? Been wanting to pick that up cheap for ages.

It would only be £16ish new on thehut or amazon.co.uk, or if you have a region free player you can get the R1 set cheap from amazon.com

+1 for cutting out the middleman and sticking them on adverts anyway, gamestop are a complete sham!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

HAha! You might be on to something there actually
    I've had stuff stolen by junkies actually... I used to wonder what use an REM dvd would be to them - would they say to their dealer "here, I can't afford any smack but is an REM dvd any use to you ? gwan, gizza bit"

are you selling an REM dvd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Reselling trade in's is their bread and butter. It's a joke as often a new copy of the same title will set you back only 5-10 more.

+1 for adverts.ie even if you sell a game you got for 50 for 30 both you and the buyer benefit money wise compared to gamestop prices.

Have a few going myself at the moment on Adverts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I wouldn't even consider Gamestop for DVD sales as they will take you to the cleaners. I've found Adverts.ie to be poor enough for DVD sales though very good for most other things. Ebay as well you'll be looking at getting €1 a dvd if you're luck unless it's rare one and then you have to post and pay fees so it's hardly worth it.

The Car Boot Sale idea is one i've been considering and there are a good few regular ones on around Dublin so I'm gonna go and bring the DVD's as well as other stuff I have to sell off and hopefully make a few extra bucks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 santryman2

Mod Edit: This isn't the place for selling your stuff. Use www.adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Krieg wrote: »
    yes agree although GAMING JUNKIES SOUNDS BETTER LOL

Advertisement