Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is it safe to have a large balance in your c/c account

• 25-01-2006 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭

Is it safe to have a large balance in your c/c account? or could it be wiped out. i.e. I have a few grand in the current account on which I used to get interest. I am still deciding where to put it (investment wise), but in my c/c account I get 2% interest. Is there any reason not to transfer it to there at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

how about something like RaboDirect where you get 3.2% interest while you decide!! simple to set up and use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

rubadub wrote:
    Is it safe to have a large balance in your c/c account? or could it be wiped out. i.e. I have a few grand in the current account on which I used to get interest. I am still deciding where to put it (investment wise), but in my c/c account I get 2% interest. Is there any reason not to transfer it to there at the moment?

AFAIK (may differ between card providers) you are not covered if there are fraudulent transactions on the account while it is in credit, i.e. you are liable and not the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

gibo_ie wrote:
    how about something like RaboDirect where you get 3.2% interest while you decide!! simple to set up and use.
    thanks, heard the name but never knew what they were

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

If you have over €1000 to put on deposit, Northern Rock pay 3.25%, slightly more than Rabo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

CCOVICH wrote:
    AFAIK (may differ between card providers) you are not covered if there are fraudulent transactions on the account while it is in credit, i.e. you are liable and not the bank.

really - is this true? That's a disgrace if so...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

rubadub wrote:
    Which credit card provider is paying interest on credit balances? Will you really have much of a credit balance? If you spend €1k per month on your card, will this come off your balance when calculating the interest?

Advertisement