Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Revelations.

191011121315»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Penn wrote: »
    Please tell me you've at least watched the ending of the game on Youtube or something. Even though the game is disappointing, I thought the ending was great

+1 to at least watch the ending.
    not so much the end of the campaign in Constantinople... felt that it was a pretty weak ending to just have the guy's brother kill him and then still tell you to get out of the city.

However, Altair's ending, and Ezio in the tomb talking to Desmond is truly up there with my favourite moments in gaming. Not ashamed to admit I shed a few tears as Altair was dying. Very moving, and a fitting end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Desmond actually looks a lot different this time round, and the scar on his lip (which matched Ezio's scar) is gone... :/
    It bothered me too. He seemed to have a more middle eastern look to him. His cheekbones were really different, to the point where I kept seeing him and saying to myself "that's not really Desmond".
    I honestly am finding it hard to get into this. There's too much to do all round and they dont explain it very well. The bombs are really pushed but iv'e yet to make one outside of the tutorial. And to be honest I dont really plan on doing it in the future unless needed. Maybe a missed something at the start and it's not clicking for me. I honestly just dont know.
    And the Tower Defence thing is terrible. I must have tried that first one about 6/7 times. Terrible. I've yet to do another one but I really amn't looking forward to it. Think I might leave the game fallow for a while and come back to it in a month or so. Start it over again. Not sure.

I have to say, the second attempt at the game did me the world of good. I avoided the annoying stuff and stuck to the main path. Only did one tower defence iin the whole of the game and didn't even have any master assassin's. All I needed to do was everytime I bought a property/killed a guard I had a look at the notoriety meter. If it was above half or so I would go find a town crier and bribe him, dropping my notoriety; meaning no den defence. Didn't touch the bombs. Did one of the Desmond's journey missions, gonna look them up online and see.

Then ending was something special alright.
    Loved walking in as Ezio lighting the torches and then following the same path as Altiar putting them out. A very fitting end to Altiar. Loved the scene where the camera pans around a dying Altiar only to show Ezio in front of his corpse. Magic stuff. The 'revelation' of that man being his father seemd to come way out of left field for me, but maybe it might have had more impact for me if I had of done the Desmond's journey missions to get his backstory.
    Gonna watch Embers soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Just finished it today and like most people enjoyed it but thought it was probably one of the more weaker games in the series.

There was something niggling me throughout the tutorials and then about halfway through the game it hit me and I am surprised no one has touched on it yet. HORSES !!! Being able to ride around especially in Brotherhood where they were able to go into cities was always great fun and they were nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭Killinator

Lordhogo wrote: »
    Just finished it today and like most people enjoyed it but thought it was probably one of the more weaker games in the series.

There was something niggling me throughout the tutorials and then about halfway through the game it hit me and I am surprised no one has touched on it yet. HORSES !!! Being able to ride around especially in Brotherhood where they were able to go into cities was always great fun and they were nowhere to be seen.

I would say the console would go out the window trying to get a horse around in that city, can't imagine it would have been faster than running everywhere,
    Though they were a great improvement in AC:B.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I never bothered with the horses in Brotherhood. Much prefer getting up on rooftops, or even just running straight through the streets.

But yeah, the city in this game was too busy to have horses in it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

Just finished it today, confused and disappointed, Brotherhood was much better, will the story continue?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just finished it today, confused and disappointed, Brotherhood was much better, will the story continue?

Yup, AC3 coming out this year, but this game was pretty much the end of Altair and Ezio's stories. Next game will have a new main character (plus Desmond)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Think I'm gonna give this another try. I really couldn't get into it. The den defence is a brutal addition. What's the best way to avoid the den defence almost completely? I've heard of people who have done the first madatory den defence and never visited them again. Is it all to do with levelling up your assassins?

I started this game back in November, played about half of it, then put it down.

Picked it up again this week and like yourself, it's almost a different game when you avoid the den defences. And with due respect to ubisoft, they give you the opportunity to avoid them.

I went in with a blank slate attitude and I'm loving it. I love the city, and I tend to stroll more than climb for some reason. The soundtrack has also grown on me, and I'm hearing subtle hints of the music from Brotherhood.

The Brotherhood development is definitely an improvement in that it takes longer for them to level up, and the den commander missions are nice at making the assassins you hire more 'human' than just cannon fodder you send out to Europe. A little repetitive, but hopefully they'll be improved upon in AC3.

Finally, and I thought I'd never say this....but I'm beginning to use the bombs. I'm actually enjoying them!! Mostly the distracting bombs and the caltrops are great for fleeing from mass groups. (yes, I could probably stop and fight, but there's a certain satisfaction to using them). Distracting guards at a den, sneaking in and silently taking out a commander (especially cowardly ones) feels really good.

Anyways, I think ACB was better (and AC2 obviously the best), but ACR is definitely much better than I first remembered, and I'm glad I put the time back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Just finished it there after buying it at Christmas. This game really failed to hook me in compared to the previous games in the series.

I liked the change of setting but it felt like this whole game was pointless, like it added nothing to the overall story. A lot of people really seemed to like the ending here, to me it just seemed like
    World is still ending, Desmond you are still the one to save us...nothing new here.

One thing that really annoyed me was that this game cheapened the ending of Brotherhood:
    Absolutely no explanation for Lucy's death, just a quick mention after one of the DNA sequence's. I've heard interesting theories explaining the ending to Brotherhood, for example, in Brotherhood, when you go to the front of Monteriggioni and use Eagle Vision you can see red (hostile) footprints, possibly meaning Lucy is a double agent or even a fake Lucy or something
    but nope, no mention of any of that.

Final nail in the coffin for me is the game's online multiplayer. I loved Brotherhood's multiplayer, they could have just redone that exactly as it was and I would have been happy since its impossible to get games in Brotherhood now and has been for months. But no, Ubisoft decide to even mess this up by not letting you team up with friends, such a ridiculously dumb decision to make.

All this makes up for a very meh game. AC3 really needs to change up the formula.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Finished it there last week,didn't really enjoy the story,just didn't seem to go anywhere but on a side note I'm really enjoying the multiplayer
    Anyone still playing that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Zombie rawr!!!!

Anyway have the PS3 special edition and thought i was close to the end, so picked it up on steam last week on sale with a view to finishing it (and 3 and 4 after it). But it seems stupildy buggy on pc specificaly "the captain is a known coward" it pops up every single time there is any sort of load sequence, no matter where i am. I come out of the main hideout north of the map and it pops up then " come back tomorrow" even if i havent moved. So when i go and try to get the Dens the captain is never there at any of them. :confused:

This never happened on PS3 have reinstalled it twice and still the same. Did this happen anyone else on PC?

I can finish the game but can never get the dens on the southern part of the map.

Also control seems laggy with 360 pad wired, find countering to be hit or miss makes fighting jannisisisisisisiaries interesting.

Advertisement