Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hey guys,

I joined WW there 2 weeks ago. Had my 1st weigh in last week; down 2 pounds. I was happy with that. But I haven't stuck to it at all this week. I think i've found it so hard cos I've been sitting around, bored, eating. I am dreading Weigh In on Monday. As WW Veterans do you have any advice for hardcore exercise that might help me to just even stay the same weight this week?!

Thanks so much, and fair play aswell, this thread is an inspiration and it makes me see I really need to get my ass in gear!

Hey!

Ive just started 2 weeks ago myself, wasnt really the active type prior to WW! I really believe that in order to stick to some term, its best to ease yourself into the whole excerise thing. My leader recommended five 30 minute walks (in fairness just think of it as the length of a edisope of friends!) each week. I started by a 3 mile loop really fast ( believe me I was panting) now this week ive started doing it 'five minutes fast walk/five minutes jogging'... i just building it up and hopefully Il be able to jog more as I lose a bit a weight (fingers crossed!)

I just know if I started out two weeks ago by throwing myself into 'hardcore' excerise there is no hope in hell I woulda stuck to it. Start by maybe just going walking

Best of luck, jo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

Down a half a pound this evening, not too happy but it's still in the right direction I suppose and it's 9lbs in three weeks!! Just to get really motivated for the coming week now!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

eok56 wrote: »
    Down a half a pound this evening, not too happy but it's still in the right direction I suppose and it's 9lbs in three weeks!! Just to get really motivated for the coming week now!! :)

Well done eok56! Id be pure delighted with that achievement!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

boxoff wrote: »
    Well done eok56! Id be pure delighted with that achievement!:D

I know... I should be and I am really, I just think I had it in my head it would be more...but really an average of two a week should be the most to hope for I guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

arandale wrote: »
    well i was nearly sick at the thought of the weigh in today, but after all my whinging i was down 3 .5 pounds. can't believe it

Well done M'lADY and all who lost this week.

Where can i get the Quorm mince.:p

The Tesco extras or larger stores normally have a brilliant selection of the quorn stuff..I think the mince is nicer than the chicken style stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Just caught up on everyone since I left work this evening...
    Some of ye ladies are doing so well...I'm green with envy.
    To all those who are disappointed this week, just draw a line under it and start afresh. It's all you can do now.
    We're all going to have bad weeks from time to time or feel that we've worked our asses off during the week and should have seen more of a results on the scales.

Just back from dinner with my boyfriends parents where portion control are words they are not familiar with! We had macaroni cheese followed by chocolate birthday cake for his sis. I asked for a small slice of cake, just to be sociable but I got a doorstep slice!
    Anyway, tomorow is the start of a new week ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 linderoo

Hi All, just joined tonight after reading all of the supportive posts. Well done all some great weight loss stories. I have been doing ww on and off for years and although I'm not a skinny minnie - if I didn't keep joining I don't know what I'd be like. Not 100% sold on ppts yet as have only lost 1.5 in the 2 weeks I have been doing it and everyone else in the class seems to be losing tons! But not giving in going to continue pointing and tracking and see how it goes this week! Configured the iphone app to calculate ppts and it's excellent!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    Had my 2nd weigh in this evening and was up 2 pounds :( Really disappointed as I tracked and pointed everything and did loads of exercise... Am on here to stop my goin reaching for the biccie tin!!

Same happened to me on my 2nd WI. Stick with it. I then lost 4lbs on my 3rd week. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

linderoo wrote: »
    Hi All, just joined tonight after reading all of the supportive posts. Well done all some great weight loss stories. I have been doing ww on and off for years and although I'm not a skinny minnie - if I didn't keep joining I don't know what I'd be like. Not 100% sold on ppts yet as have only lost 1.5 in the 2 weeks I have been doing it and everyone else in the class seems to be losing tons! But not giving in going to continue pointing and tracking and see how it goes this week! Configured the iphone app to calculate ppts and it's excellent!!:)

Hi there. Have to agree about how supportive the posts are on here. Reading through them stops from eating at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Must start posting here again! Used to be a regular poster over a year ago and then started my diary but now thats all closed.

I started WW at 17stone 1lb and am currently 13st 4lb, was 12st 2lb but regained some weight. Back at it with a vengeance now!! The support here helped me so much so that I ended up making weightloss Vlogs as I found the support so great and it really made me carry on.

You are all doing fab!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

ladies,

Great news I found a pizza that only 9 points for 1/2 of it and it's lovely.

It's from Aldi (so easy on the pocket too) a Primavera Italian Stone Baked Pizza- the one I had had chicken, ham,peppers and rocket but Im sure there are other flavours.

It was absolutely gorgeous and I actually ended up eating 3/4 but was still only a point over my daily allowance!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

03046290 wrote: »
    ladies,

Great news I found a pizza that only 9 points for 1/2 of it and it's lovely.

It's from Aldi (so easy on the pocket too) a Primavera Italian Stone Baked Pizza- the one I had had chicken, ham,peppers and rocket but Im sure there are other flavours.

It was absolutely gorgeous and I actually ended up eating 3/4 but was still only a point over my daily allowance!!!

sounds like dinner to me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Must start posting here again! Used to be a regular poster over a year ago and then started my diary but now thats all closed.

I started WW at 17stone 1lb and am currently 13st 4lb, was 12st 2lb but regained some weight. Back at it with a vengeance now!! The support here helped me so much so that I ended up making weightloss Vlogs as I found the support so great and it really made me carry on.

You are all doing fab!! :D

Hi Jwacqui, was a regular reader of your food diary and you were such an inspiration to me! Are you still doing the video diary blogs? if so would you post it up here, or can you now?

How are you finding the new system?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

m'lady wrote: »
    Just wondering roughly what amount of weight is everyone hoping to lose here? I am hoping to lose about 3 stone....

My start weight 2 weeks ago was 16st 10lb...I want to lose 6st to get me to my upper limit for my height etc. and when I get there see how I feel with that and see if I wana go some more.

I'm getting married in June & aim to lose 4st for that. I lost 7lb last week so was delighted with myself!! I have WI2 tonight so we'll see how it goes. I have been good all week apart from Saturday when I had my premarriage course and ended up going to a local pub for lunch and then got a chinese on my way home!!! Thank god for weekly's!!!

I'm lucky in that my OH is on the weight loss path with me...he wants to lose 3st - 3.5st so we're helping each other out, and my daughters are eating so much better since we started too, which is always a good thing! Only thing is it's costing me a fortune on fruit as my 3 year old eats us out of house and home with it ha!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

morning all, well done on all the great results.
    I'm a bit frustrated!! up 1.5 this week, and apart from my curlywurly out burst( 3 in one night) I'v been really good..only my second week, but I noticed a few other posters have the same experience, so trying to pull my self together...being on here defiantely helps!!
    have a dit of a dodgy tummy at the mo, think its all the fruit!! any one else feeling abit off??
    got the blue berries in tesco, 2 for 6euro, fantastic for smoothies, straight in to the freezer and use as needed, I throw a few in to skim milk (1/4 pint) with half a banana and blitz the hell out if it, its goes lovely and foamy,delish.
    keep the great advice coming...Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

hey guys, are there any iphone apps that are good?

Just wondering roughly what amount of weight is everyone hoping to lose here?QUOTE]

I'm hoping to loose about seven stone in total :eek: sounds a lot when you see it written down.
    I cldn't believe I was nearly 17 stone when I first weighed in. But I've two of that nearly gone now, and I'd hope to get another two off before the summer.
    It's so great to be able to walk into Dunnes or Penny's and pick up a dress of the rail and know it will fit.
    My start weight 2 weeks ago was 16st 10lb...I want to lose 6st to get me to my upper limit for my height etc. and when I get there see how I feel with that and see if I wana go some more.

I'm getting married in June & aim to lose 4st for that. I lost 7lb last week so was delighted with myself!! I have WI2 tonight so we'll see how it goes. I have been good all week apart from Saturday when I had my premarriage course and ended up going to a local pub for lunch and then got a chinese on my way home!!! Thank god for weekly's!!!

I'm lucky in that my OH is on the weight loss path with me...he wants to lose 3st - 3.5st so we're helping each other out, and my daughters are eating so much better since we started too, which is always a good thing! Only thing is it's costing me a fortune on fruit as my 3 year old eats us out of house and home with it ha!! :)

Good luck with your weight loss garden gurl, it's great to someone doing it with you, to support you. I'm sure you will look fabulous on your wedding day :)

I find the Aldi 69c fruit great...got a big punnet of pears and apples the other day. Or even tinned fruit for things I wouldn't use a whole lot of such as pineapple.

EveT wrote: »
    hey guys, are there any iphone apps that are good?

I like the iwatchr app...it's a calculator and tracker and you can save your fave foods into it too.

There is a WW app, but this can only be downloaded from the UK store and you need an online account to be able to sign into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Just wondering roughly what amount of weight is everyone hoping to lose here? I am hoping to lose about 3 stone....

I'm hoping to lose about 4.5 stone in total and I'm almost 2 stone less than my starting weight last October so hopefully i'll manage it.
    At the moment I feel very motivated and determined to do it but who know how long that will last!! Everyone on here is really supportive so that really helps - thanks everyone!! I haven't had too many "off days" but I know they're coming soon - this weekend could be the ruin of all my good work. I've 2 meals out planned. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

fofany wrote: »
    Same happened to me on my 2nd WI. Stick with it. I then lost 4lbs on my 3rd week. Good luck.

Thanx a million fofany! Definitely gonna stick to it now and hopefully it'll show next week!! Its so frustrating and it took some amount of will power not to just go on a major binge last nite but i didn't :)

Well done everyone who had losses this week, ye are all doing brilliant... will hopefully be in the same boat next week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 jack01

shanasue wrote: »
    morning all, well done on all the great results.
    I'm a bit frustrated!! up 1.5 this week, and apart from my curlywurly out burst( 3 in one night) I'v been really good..only my second week, but I noticed a few other posters have the same experience, so trying to pull my self together...being on here defiantely helps!!
    have a dit of a dodgy tummy at the mo, think its all the fruit!! any one else feeling abit off??
    got the blue berries in tesco, 2 for 6euro, fantastic for smoothies, straight in to the freezer and use as needed, I throw a few in to skim milk (1/4 pint) with half a banana and blitz the hell out if it, its goes lovely and foamy,delish.
    keep the great advice coming...Thanks

Hi Shanasue, Im three weeks in and was down 1.1/2 1st wk, stayed level 2nd wk and up 1 this wk, i have about 10lbs to lose and i'm finding this frustrating now too but i'm going to stick with it we'll get there!! My tummy was dodgy for the first 2 wks and then settled its definately the fruit i think. Best of Luck with this week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Hi guys Ive noticed over the last few pages that there are quiet a few of us with a lot of weight to lose, not that I am wishing weight on anyone but its great to know there are others in the same situation and we will be able to support each other here long term! Well done to you guys who have already lost lots and are still keeping with it to get to your goal, its great inspiration. I need to lose at least 4stone but 5.5 would be ideal, after reading about others weight loss it doesnt seem so unobtainable anymore.
    Thanks to everyone who posts I think this tread is more informative than any meeting I have ever been at:).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

TARGETS

Just wondering what do poeple think of the targets set by WW?

I am 5ft 6 and my target is 11.1 stone, to be at the upper end of healthy BMI for my height.

This is not suitable for me, as I am fairly big built, broad shoulders, hips etc and I know that between 11.10 and 12 stone is my ideal - perfect 12 in clothes. Unfortunatly I think this means I will never be a gold member - boo!!

Down 1.5 this morning, just over a half stone lost only 5 stone left to lose.( i put the only before 5 to stop myself cracking up!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Birdie086 wrote: »
    TARGETS

I am 5ft 6 and my target is 11.1 stone, to be at the upper end of healthy BMI for my height.

This is not suitable for me, as I am fairly big built, broad shoulders, hips etc and I know that between 11.10 and 12 stone is my ideal - perfect 12 in clothes. Unfortunatly I think this means I will never be a gold member - boo!!

Down 1.5 this morning, just over a half stone lost only 5 stone left to lose.( i put the only before 5 to stop myself cracking up!!!)

I am the same height as you with lovely wide hips and shoulders too:rolleyes:. For me around 11st is perfect has me at size 12/14 bottom 10/12 on top. Even at 12st I am still size 14 so for now thats my aim. Has your leader set you a target yet? If she has ask her to readjust it to one your happy with, after all its your body and who knows better than you what weight suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

astra2000 wrote: »
    I am the same height as you with lovely wide hips and shoulders too:rolleyes:. For me around 11st is perfect has me at size 12/14 bottom 10/12 on top. Even at 12st I am still size 14 so for now thats my aim. Has your leader set you a target yet? If she has ask her to readjust it to one your happy with, after all its your body and who knows better than you what weight suits you.

I was just going to say the same thing to you Birdie.
    I'm sure your leader could reset your goal if you talk to her.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Monife wrote: »
    I'm hoping to lose another 6 stone or more (on top of the 2 stone I have already lost).

I have a lot to lose. My starting weight was 18 stone 3 lbs, sickened when I saw that and it gave me a kick up the a**e.

Got my 2nd stone today at WI, down 1.5lb this week. Walked every day (do about 30 mins, more on the weekend). But had takeaway last weekend and ate all my weeklies and dailies.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Monife well done your an inspiration I'm the same my starting weight was 17st 7lbs was mortified but hoping to get my first st this sat at WI I've been walking home from work everyday and going to a Zumba class during the wk I'm much more determined this time round as I said I didn't wanna be this size when I turn 30 in November

Keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Birdie086 wrote: »
    TARGETS

Hi Birdie,
    I think you should determine your target as long as it's realistic and it's within the healthy BMI.. altho saying this, i realize i was never given a target.. is your leader suppose to tell you this? I only started this week.. should i ask her next week to tell me what my target should be?

As per your own view of the 12st.. it may be a bit wrong regarding dress size.. I'm 5ft 5 (also heavy boned :) and i'm bang on 12st.. i only barely squeeze in a size 12.. and only coz i already have loads of clothes that size.. but if i have to buy something new.. it's a 14.. so i'll happily fit in a 12 at 11st.. will have to go down to 10st for a size 10.. gosh! will i ever see that again??

hey, but i've good news too.. i was over 15st myself a few years ago.. i went down to 9st and that took me little over a year and a half.. i didnt do it the right way tho.. and since then.. (was like 5 years ago) 12st is the biggest i've been.. so now i want to do it right, slowly but surely. Get down to 10st will make me very happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thanks for all the replies. I really think that you just know when you are at a weight that suits you, for example Im 5ft nothing and in the WW book the weight guidelines are between 7stone and 9 stone or something like that, now I know that there is no way I could be 7 stone! that would be only 2 stone heavier than my 10 year old daughter, who is a slight build!!

On another note, I bought the WW chocolate cupcakes today in Dunnes, as I had a real chocolate craving, they are lovely and only 2 pps, really nice with a cuppa!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Jwacqui, was a regular reader of your food diary and you were such an inspiration to me! Are you still doing the video diary blogs? if so would you post it up here, or can you now?

How are you finding the new system?

Yup still doing them, every week. Heres the latest one:

I'm just coming to grips with it this week really, have sts for two weeks then down 1/2lb. How are you getting on? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

oh mother of god....last nights dinner was a FEAST! We were still eating at 1am this morning! Boy oh boy i'm going to pay for it on the scales.

But was back on track to day. Even got in some excercise, and made another batch of the muffins to see me thru the weekend! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement