Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reshafting a 2 Ball putter

• 08-04-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭

Someone is giving me a Odyssey 2 Ball putter for free but it has a 29inch shaft so I will need to get it reshaft to 33 inch.

Any idea how much this will cost?

Will it have to go back to Odyssey to get done?

Which shop would be best to go to about this? Mc Guirks, Golf Works etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

Trampas wrote: »
    Someone is giving me a Odyssey 2 Ball putter for free but it has a 29inch shaft so I will need to get it reshaft to 33 inch.

Any idea how much this will cost?

Will it have to go back to Odyssey to get done?

Which shop would be best to go to about this? Mc Guirks, Golf Works etc

That shaft has a bend in it so I'd say they would be a special order. The easiest thing would be to take off the grip and put a "plug" in (length to your requirements) and then re-grip the club. Most places will do that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Ya as the above said, lengthing it with an extension is the best way to do it. There is no need to reshaft. Most pro's will be able to do it no bother. Should only cost about €5 plus grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭Trampas

Do you notice any difference with the plug?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

markymac wrote: »
    That shaft has a bend in it so I'd say they would be a special order. The easiest thing would be to take off the grip and put a "plug" in (length to your requirements) and then re-grip the club. Most places will do that for you.

Not if it's a centre shaft. But I agree, just add an extension onto the existing shaft

Advertisement